Thread: Editing PDF

Editing PDF

I am using this Nitro 11.0 program instead of adobe acrobat.
    I have this document i need to edit some of the text. I dont have the password for the doc. So i saved it and printed to a pdf file. Needless to say, no go.

What do i use to edit pdf's? I contacted Nitro to try and get around the PW, with no luck.

Any idea how to by pass the pw protection on the doc? It is just an application i have been using for 7 years, but have no idea what the pw is.

Thanks

If it's protected there's not much you can do. You can either print it out and scan it back in or find a utility that can do a brute force password recovery.

Screen shot it, run OCR, edit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    Screen shot it, run OCR, edit.
    This will be about as good as you can do with it locked.... Works OK imo.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    This will be about as good as you can do with it locked.... Works OK imo.
    OCR? is that an app?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    OCR? is that an app?
    Acrobat pro can do this. Not sure about reader...
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    That's really funny.

Banked for future use.

NO expert here but I do use Nitro and I would try a couple of tricks. If you print it out and scan it, Nitro should have a box to check OCR (optical character recognition something rather) when you scan, usually, that just makes it searchable, but then you can also select and copy and paste the text into a word doc that you save as pdf. Its usually a pain in the ass to edit too much because there is no word wrap when you paste into a word doc; so there is a carriage return at the end of each line. You might be able to scan it and convert to word. You might be able to convert it to word even in protected mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    NO expert here but I do use Nitro and I would try a couple of tricks. If you print it out and scan it, Nitro should have a box to check OCR (optical character recognition something rather) when you scan, usually, that just makes it searchable, but then you can also select and copy and paste the text into a word doc that you save as pdf. Its usually a pain in the ass to edit too much because there is no word wrap when you paste into a word doc; so there is a carriage return at the end of each line. You might be able to scan it and convert to word. You might be able to convert it to word even in protected mode.
    Thanks, not needing a lot of editing.

Not entirely sure if this will work, but it may be worth a try... there's an excellent iphone app called "SignNow" that allows you to edit PDFs. You have to pay for it, but I have a version and am happy to test your document to see if it works before you commit to buying it. PM me if I can help.

A quick googling will find websites where you can upload your pdf and it will then return it to you with the password stripped. No idea who is on the other end of the website though, so be careful. Don't upload anything with sensitive data on it.