Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Daaaaaamn! I got a whole bunch of Bickethead and Praxis stuff, and this got me looking for some of his newer stuff since I've been out of the loop. Dude might have the biggest catalog of music ever!
    I know, he's so prolific, it's just ridiculous. He's released 248 Pikes now, each one about a 30 min album. He's slowing down these days, only 5 in the past month.

The The Pike Suggester is pretty good.

http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/index.html
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

most of the 9 minutes is guitar solo

very heavy

And for comic relief
    Last edited by old goat; 03-02-2017 at 11:08 PM.

No one made it to the last level of guitar hero? Sure, this a super cliche song thanks to that game, but from 3:00- 4:29 is nonetheless impressive. This is perhaps the only guitar solo I've seen/heard that I don't think I'd be able to duplicate with painstaking years of practice. (And for the love of god, skip right to 3min and do not look at or listen to the lead singer).

https://youtu.be/0jgrCKhxE1s

Here's another one you won't be able to duplicate (on a quieter note). Cody Kilby on guitar--alas he's no longer in Kentucky Thunder; haven't heard the new guitar player.

yep. Mad respect for that shit. Julian Bream too. I think some of these guys are aliens from some species with super fast fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    No one made it to the last level of guitar hero? Sure, this a super cliche song thanks to that game, but from 3:00- 4:29 is nonetheless impressive. This is perhaps the only guitar solo I've seen/heard that I don't think I'd be able to duplicate with painstaking years of practice. (And for the love of god, skip right to 3min and do not look at or listen to the lead singer).

https://youtu.be/0jgrCKhxE1s
    The top comment on that video is pretty great.

"They say he fingered a girl in 1994, she came in a split second, and is still orgasming to this day."

rodrigo y gabriela. Flamenco guitarists that started out as a metal band. Killer live show

Metallica Orion cover is pretty sweet too

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    yep. Mad respect for that shit. Julian Bream too. I think some of these guys are aliens from some species with super fast fingers.
    Nashville Cats

starts somewhere in minute 3, pretty smoking solo

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bump, not sure how I never came across this before?

Tom Morello's solo starting at 6:50