Thread: Coalition Skis

Coalition Skis

Had someone ask me about the Women's specific Coalition skis, had never heard of them. Went to their website and they have skis, snowboards, all kinds of apparel etc. REI carries their skis so they have a platform. Anybody know if they make their own skis or are they contracting out their manufacturing? Reminds me of Roxy who I think is gone. Any thought on who they are and how is the equipment?

Their slogan is to put an end to "Shrink it and Pink it". I might have chosen something that did not include "Pink it".

3 year old bump because my 5' 2" fiance is looking for powder skis and Coalition is one of very few brands making non kids skis sub 160 cm. Anyone got info on these?

All I have to go on is this blister review: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ion-snow-abyss, and they don't appear to sell this ski anymore.

My wife has 2 pairs (Bliss and SOS). We picked both up from STP super cheap, but it seems like a legit brand.

Skis appear well-built, and she's enjoyed skiing them. They've been responsive to emails asking about mount point, etc. but I don't have much to report beyond that...

Just to point this out, there are a lot of powder skis for women in the 105-110mm. For women those will typically float as well as 120mm POW skis for men. I’ve said this in other threads but my wife’s 112mm underfoot skis float way better for her than my 125mm under foot skis do for me.

I would strongly consider some Moment Bellas but the DPS Yvette seems to be really popular for most women. My wife is 5’4” and has 168cm Yvette’s and loves them. On3p Jessie 108’s are also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    3 year old bump because my 5' 2" fiance is looking for powder skis and Coalition is one of very few brands making non kids skis sub 160 cm. Anyone got info on these?

All I have to go on is this blister review: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...ion-snow-abyss, and they don't appear to sell this ski anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Just to point this out, there are a lot of powder skis for women in the 105-110mm. For women those will typically float as well as 120mm POW skis for men. I’ve said this in other threads but my wife’s 112mm underfoot skis float way better for her than my 125mm under foot skis do for me.

I would strongly consider some Moment Bellas but the DPS Yvette seems to be really popular for most women. My wife is 5’4” and has 168cm Yvette’s and loves them. On3p Jessie 108’s are also awesome.
    The issue isn't with the width, it's the length. At 5' 2" 125 lbs, for an intermediate skiier, 160cm long is pretty much the upper boundary. Being small is rough in the ski world. It looks like DPS makes skis in an appropriate length but I'm not really about that 1k+ ski life.

Bella is a good option, did the Jessies come in that short a length at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    My wife has 2 pairs (Bliss and SOS). We picked both up from STP super cheap, but it seems like a legit brand.

Skis appear well-built, and she's enjoyed skiing them. They've been responsive to emails asking about mount point, etc. but I don't have much to report beyond that...
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I've only heard good things so far and they do cater to a really niche market so I think I'm gonna go for it.

The issue isn't with the width, it's the length. At 5' 2" 125 lbs, for an intermediate skiier, 160cm long is pretty much the upper boundary. Being small is rough in the ski world. It looks like DPS makes skis in an appropriate length but I'm not really about that 1k+ ski life.

Bella is a good option, did the Jessies come in that short a length at any point?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I've only heard good things so far and they do cater to a really niche market so I think I'm gonna go for it.
    Moment makes all three of their woman specific skis in 152. The Bella 152 is 106 underfoot, plenty wide for a powder ski. We are a Moment family, my wife skis the Sierra and the Bella. She is 4'10", 95 lbs.

Our 12 yo granddaughter has the Bella in 162, she is 5'4", 115 lbs. This is her everyday ski, groomers, powder you name it, she loves them. For reference the Bella is the women's Wildcat. Not believe me, here is the 12 yo, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllisonGreelyHill1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	387002

If you want you came sometimes find the Yvette for around $300. My wife has two pairs and both were sub $350 new in plastic. I’m not a fan of DPS skis personally but they made her a better powder skier overnight. She started skiing eight seasons ago and we got her those part way through year 2.

if you do some moments, I would strongly consider the 162cm (assuming your fiancé is actually 5’2” and doesn’t round by a couple of inches). On a short ski, rocker profiles makes even more of a difference. My wife had 154cm frontside skis when we first got her 168cm yvettes and she could pivot the Yvette way easier.

I would probably pass on the On3p’s… they’re typically longer and heavier which doesn’t always make me think intermediate powder ski.

Maybe add the line Pandora to your list. I think they made those in about a 160 for a bit.