Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Snowed the day we got there last year then no more, but snow kept blowing into Big Couloir--enough they had to keep bombing it, until towards the end of the week so much snow had blown in they closed it. It was very nice up til then. And Otter Slide would be deadly one day, tasty the next. Tram would be open but the lower lifts on the back side would be closed by wind. Big Sky is a very strange place.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Big Sky is a very strange place.
    Indeed. That's why you need a guide like Harry! Dude knows every square inch of that mountain. Any day I've ever skied with him and it appears iffy, he's like "follow me" and he leads me to some epic untouched powder stash. It's such a big mountain with some many aspects that he's proven to me that there's always great skiing SOMEWHERE. For the most part though, Big Sky's just so damn good. Been here 5 years now and I still haven't explored the entirety of the place. It's crazy. Then again, there's quite a few runs that I still haven't mustered up the courage for. Love this mountain! I just wish I had more time to ski!

Yeah since its such a huge mtn micro topography, aspect, and especially the W play huge roles. And I can count on one hand the good days in pinnacles, however the icy slide for life conditions seem to be pretty easy to find.

Big Sky/Bozeman?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    however the icy slide for life conditions seem to be pretty easy to find.
    This is where Head Monsters come into play. Choose your width, they all have insane purchase on ice. Never experienced anything like it in newer skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Lexi-Bell used to have a rental property and may still have it. Whether or not it'll be available for you, I don't know.
    Sorry, have a lease signed until June.

BTW there is a car wash in Townsend already. Good luck Phish!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Thanks Lexi.

Car wash idea is shelved for now. Playing around with a new idea possibly mixing MTB and Yoga with the GF. After our trip we realized how much we just want to have experiences and travel more vs. work work work to buy more shit. Got home to my house the other night and was like, "I don't need any of this stuff really." After having camped for most of 6 weeks I feel like I could happily live in just about any space that has heat/woodstove and access to a shower. GF isn't quite that rustic yet, but I'm working on her.

Really feeling like a bum having not worked for 6 weeks. That was one hell of a long vacation.

Gonna start tossing my resume around once I get to Bozeman full time and have an address.

Last time I went skiing in Big Sky was 2000. I miss it.

I was also a much better skier then. My bitch ass goes to Aspen now.

I miss this place too. http://www.rainbowranchbigsky.com/di...inner-menu.htm
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

RR still rocks.

No doubt you ordered this:

Quinoa and Lentils

Pan seared Tuscan kale, roast corn, squash, sweet potatoes, red onion fennel salad

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    My GF's birthday is next week and I have reservations made for dinner there.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

With your skill-set you should have no trouble finding work, however if you, or anyone else reading this thread, finds themselves in need of entry-level employment with great benefits hit me up, we are hiring!

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Car wash idea is shelved for now. Playing around with a new idea possibly mixing MTB and Yoga with the GF.
    If you want to bounce any ideas off me, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm happy to help out, as long as I have a place to stay once in a while.

3rd week of November is my ETA now. I'll be rolling out solo and traveling pretty light. GF may or may not come out to join me in 2-3 months.

I have to find renters now for BOTH halves of my duplex. Luckily, rentals are super scarce here. Literally nothing available on CL/MLS.

Realizing I will most likely end up doing construction again since there seem to be a ton of jobs, although I will try for a bit to find something a little more suitable to my resume/experience if possible.

If anyone hears/knows of a month to month or 6 month 1-2bd with a garage please PM me. Fortunately, I can stay with my friend in his baller pad on east main until I find my own spot.

BTW, how bad does 90 get between livingston and bozeman during a storm? Worth the drive to save a few bucks until I find a better spot (hopefully with my GF) in the spring?

BTW, how bad does 90 get between livingston and bozeman during a storm? Worth the drive to save a few bucks until I find a better spot (hopefully with my GF) in the spring?
    Bozeman Pass is not too bad as long as you have good tires. Most of the problems are caused by truckers. (Much like when you lived in CO). DOT has a webcam at the top, plus temp sensors embedded in the pavement you can read in real time.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I am going to differ a bit on that one. I much prefer to drive from 4 Corners to Big Sky over the shorter drive of Livingston to Bozeman. Call it experience or whatever but Bozeman Pass can be scary.

However, Livingston is a cool town, not sure it is much cheaper though.

A quick craigslist search shows a bunch of stuff available in Belgrade/Bozeman.

Yes, there seems to be alot of stuff but I probably won't get any real traction until I can jump on something with deposit in hand. See alot of the same old stuff posted again and again and then some gems which appear to get snatched up super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I am going to differ a bit on that one. I much prefer to drive from 4 Corners to Big Sky over the shorter drive of Livingston to Bozeman. Call it experience or whatever but Bozeman Pass can be scary.
    +1. Bozeman Pass is my least favorite stretch of road in the state. Stressful.

Yes, there seems to be alot of stuff but I probably won't get any real traction until I can jump on something with deposit in hand. See alot of the same old stuff posted again and again and then some gems which appear to get snatched up super fast.
    I think AustinFromSA already posted it in this thread, but you should buy his house. It is on the market and won't last long. Great location with a killer view.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I think AustinFromSA already posted it in this thread, but you should buy his house. It is on the market and won't last long. Great location with a killer view.
    He said he was going to post a link but never did. Got one?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    He said he was going to post a link but never did. Got one?
    http://www.bigskysir.com/residential...Big-Sky-305585

Nice place. I cannot wrap my head around the heating bills w propane and electric heat. Ours are pretty crushing in PC and its radiant gas

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Nice place. I cannot wrap my head around the heating bills w propane and electric heat. Ours are pretty crushing in PC and its radiant gas

Especially heating 4200 sq ft
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah, that house is just slightly out of my price range right now lol. Give me 5-7 years minimum.

Big Sky/Bozeman?

Yeah, that house is just slightly out of my price range right now lol. Give me 5-7 years minimum.
    I work with 2 people who are both in the same subdivision, both say they feel that price is below market and will sell fast. I don't want to speak for Austin, but I know he wants to move on in life. You should jump on it now, sell your duplex or whatever it is in New Jersey. Big Sky real estate is shooting up through the roof.

Austin is a cool guy. I have spent some fun times drinking with him on that deck. It looks right out at a state game refuge. Imagine drinking a cold one in the evening looking out at a herd of 5,000 elk below you. Words cannot describe it.

I certainly believe you and would jump on that in a second if I had that kind of money. Even selling my place for a profit in NJ would only put me close to 10% of that for a downpayment. Then there's that pesky career/income thing to worry about.