Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If I don't post in this thread I'm worried that everyone will know I'm not a badass cliff tree hucker.

^^^ Ooh!
    Good point.

Reserved.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Thirded

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ignore the turn radius on the Protest.
    That makes sense. Kind of like the redeemers, but lighter. Maybe this'll be a ski to overtake the redeemers - they are pretty similar looking skis actually. That would hint that maybe it's more of a technique thing I need to improve, rather than a different ski.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    If you thought the 192 Bent was too much ski...
    yeah, maybe it was just the length I used. I'm 6' 150lbs, so that's debatable. But yeah, I found it a tough billy goating ski in the tight areas. I should try it again, and a pair of the JJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    My 2 cents? FWIW, I found the tail on the BG to be a bit soft when hucking, its definitely better than some skis though. That said, if you're landing in tight trees, a solid stomp will accelerate you pretty quickly, so maybe thats not what you want? I've found a super stiff reverse camber ski to stomp the best, but it'll definitely accelerate you (more than most). It really puts the pressure right under your feet, which feels pretty damn solid. A soft tip will tend to plow and slow you down so you can make your next move, but that can also mean going over the bars. A soft tail means more wheeling and backslapping. But that'll also slow you down. And a sunken pintail will really help you shut it down. For tight treed landings and hucks there's always compromises in the various kinds of skis that you could pick. I personally prefer dealing with the extra acceleration.
    Really getting into it! I think I need to experiment more with different types of skis and see what I prefer. That's some thoughtful stuff.

I can see why you guys need so many skis: a ski for trees, a ski for cliffs, a ski for cliffs in trees, a ski for trees in cliffs...[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to narrow it down, not expand it. Looking for a potential replacement. Sorry the F17 is not wide enough for anything I ski on the west coast.

Hey Huckers! What's your ski for dropping in the trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If I don't post in this thread I'm worried that everyone will know I'm not a badass cliff tree hucker.
    I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    yeah, maybe it was just the length I used. I'm 6' 150lbs, so that's debatable. But yeah, I found it a tough billy goating ski in the tight areas. I should try it again, and a pair of the JJs.
    Dude, you don't need skis, you need cheeseburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I know better.
    Cham 107

Seriously don't want any interweb bro's thinking I don't huck into trees. OP I use my 187 YLEs for everything. I'm a lightweight dood too and so is Wiley. Might be worth looking into if you want a freestyle pow ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

186 EHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    Where do you have your Bents mounted?
    My bents are somewhere between -8 and -10 from center, so about -3 to -5 from the "team" line. I really like them there.

Just for the record, I've never hucked a cliff into a tree. Guess I'm the only one.

Bentchetlers on the team line.

ANY full rocker and/or reverse sidecut ski for trees.

What's the team line? Reco line? 2 1/2 behind line is $

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I've found a super stiff reverse camber ski to stomp the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    ANY full rocker and/or reverse sidecut ski for trees.
    Skiing at Jay last month I was reminded how much I liked my Rossi Sickles for this sort of thing. I've read a few reviews that confirmed my thoughts that the 4frnt Devastator is more locked into a turn than the Rossi, maybe check out the new Moment Meridian. Full rocker with not super huge sidecut gets my vote.

no love for the 190-205 Praxis Pows? Picky crowd