Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, shit, here we go again.

First, you have to drive into that town. God forbid you live there. That would be sad. Unless, of course, dad and mom bought you the bedroom. And granite kitchen. Even then, holy crap, you have to walk around in a swamp of gapers buying shit and eating shit almost every day. So let's be kind and say you live in a better place. After miles on that road dodging radar and being tailgate by an aggro front ranger in a stupid pickup truck, you now have the privelege of paying 10 bucks (is it more now?) To park in a huge lot and get gondoladed up into Breck Grand Central, where you are now knee deep in hundreds of gapers scurrying about and drinking early. Three long, gaper filled chairs (on and below on the slopes) you may arrive at what may be good skiing without crowds, although the Imperial Chair dumps entire families by the minute into terrain they have no business considering, but, you know, knar, Texas style. Maybe it's good up there, maybe not, who knows, with the wind and traffic. Then you have to wade all the fuck back down through gapers to the gondola and then car and drive ten miles through radar with some aggro front ranger in a Lexus SUV on your ass.
    Furgetabout powder days. There's so many frustrated instructors and locals and a few Texans that can ski, it's gone in 90 minutes.

There is some good food in town. And my massage therapist works out of main st.. Unfortunately.
    Will someone please show bunny how to ski like a "local" it seems he doesn't know how to ski breck or the basin, it's pretty easy your just doing it all wrong guy

and whose calling everyone a gaper? that's so like early 2000's. No one uses that word anymore. And benny if you werent' going ten under the speed limit driving your beat up lezbaru with new york plates no one would be up your ass

maybe you should stop seeing that male massage therapist and start working with a chick

I posted about this in the gaper thread, but had to detail more here. First of all, Summit and most of fairly close to Denver hills were royally skunked this morning. The forecast for the past few days, up to yesterday afternoon, was for 8-12 inches, and there was fucking bullshit on the ground this morning. Zip. But, I get up real early to get up to ABasin, because, you know, it's fucking Saturday, and it's the only pass I have. I drive by that lower lot almost at Keystone on the side of the road, and, whoa, it's 3/4 full. At 7:45 am. Ok, I think, employees (which it was, because of what today was). Get to the lower lot, with fantasies of the beach (Jesus, I'm a gaper) at 7:50 am. Totally fucking full. Next lot up. Totally fucking full. Next lot up, (the last) was almost full, with a line coming in both ways from over the pass and from my direction. I mean, What The Fuck. Fucking Gaper Day. And it's Saturday. I'll bet some people were half drunk already. Benny turned around and went to breakfast. Fuck that. Imagine the shitshow on the slopes. Or just trying to pee at mid mountain.

Walking around Breck last night and this experience reminded me why I hate this place sometimes. I found an affordable, mellow, cool ski town in my travels, which is like the anti summit. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
    LMAO!!!

An east coast turon gaper whining about other turon gapers.

Hey, at least it's not SLC.

or that east coast shithole you're from.

If you were in SLC you'd be skiing walk on trams Saturday instead of whining about crowded toilets. Btw bunny do have a vagina? Do you need to sit down to take a piss? Aren't there any trees at abasin?

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    or that east coast shithole you're from.

If you were in SLC you'd be skiing walk on trams Saturday instead of whining about crowded toilets. Btw bunny do have a vagina? Do you need to sit down to take a piss? Aren't there any trees at abasin?
    No tram lines at the Bird on a Sat? LMFAO, let's get real.

Benny's multiple utilization of the term aggro is as humorous as it is ironic. That said, lapping Trams can happen on a sat can happen after 11.......Gondolas all day at Basin (Snow).
    neednsnow.com

Chasin Snow whenever time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post

If you were in SLC you'd be skiing slush.
    FIFY.

Just got back from Loveland after skiing about ten untracked runs during the day. Tad crunchy underneath, but, trust me, it was ok. No gapers, just a bunch of old people in the lodge. Like Benny! Wednesday will be solid.

I just drove across the country to Taos, Telluride, Southern Utah, SLC, Jackson, and down Wyoming to Summit, and, I gotta tell you, ain't nothin' more like the "shithole" of New Jersey that I grew up in than SLC. Always has been the great tragedy of skiing that those great mountains and that awesome snow (except in April) is right next to that. But the Mexican is killer. Compared to New Jersey.

Hang on though, did anyone ever say Summit County was good for resort skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    Hang on though, did anyone ever say Summit County was good for resort skiing?
    Lots of people from Florida and Texas sure seem to think so.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

SLC has In-N-Out, that alone makes that place A+++

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Will someone please show bunny how to ski like a "local"
    Hell no.....it's FAR more entertaining to see him continually get burned and then bitch about it.
    Old's Cool.

benny wears a brain bucket? for waht?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Outer Range brewery. These guys are masters of the craft.

Sierra Nevada is king
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Swill, compared to this nectar.

That Mexican Lager from Ska Brewing Co. (Durango) is one killer summer brew.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Elevation Beer Co. First Cast IPA is the shit.

Heh, Benny is the only one who named a summit brewery.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I also dig Broken Compass and Pali Pils (renamed to something else) at Pugs.

Outer Range brewery. These guys are masters of the craft.
    Enjoyed their brews as well. Always a fan of Broken Compass as well. Usually a must stop when I make it up to Breck. The summit county hate is funny. I always enjoy myself when I get the chance to get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    No tram lines at the Bird on a Sat? LMFAO, let's get real.
    FWIW I was at the bird on Saturday and there were indeed walk on trams all day. Bluebird and temps the in the 50's at the base. Skiing was on point on the right aspects.

My buddies and I were marveling at how the place could be so empty given the 1+ million people right down the road. Still wouldn't want to live in SLC though...
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

seems appropriate for this thread for some reason with all the gape and touron talk...

nice place for a chat, or they could have stopped in awe of our foreground shredding
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111bbbbbb.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	204008
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Summit County, CO. 2017

^^^^ real smaaaart

Summit County, CO. 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    FWIW I was at the bird on Saturday and there were indeed walk on trams all day. Bluebird and temps the in the 50's at the base. Skiing was on point on the right aspects.

My buddies and I were marveling at how the place could be so empty given the 1+ million people right down the road. Still wouldn't want to live in SLC though...
    I'm talking during the main part of the season. Just like in Denver, many in SLC stop skiing in April/Late March.

SLC is like Hartford with a great range next to it.

Hey Benny, was that you who tripped on the traverse to Peak 7, drowning in 16" of pow yesterday?

Like I said, fuck Breck. I was at the best midweek pow mountain in Summit, which is Loveland. Jeez, that place is awesome after April 1. Except that damn wind.

16 inches my big fat hairy ass.