Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Einsteins is way better than Log Cabin.

Shit, I'd go get a breakfast burrito at Safeway before Log Cabin.

I'd drive to Kremmling and eat at the Moose before Log Cabin.

The hospital makes a better breakfast than Log Cabin.

I'll have some cereal at home before Log Cabin.

How are they still in business?
    have you ever seen the line out the door on a weekend?

thanks for the laugh needed that, on the other hand if you like chunky waitresses then the log cabin is your place, 10 bucks for a shitty breakfast and the plate is barely full of food

BTW Abay is by the ocean a basin (or the basin) is in summit county

Still standing, how is a basin skiing as of late?

I posted about this in the gaper thread, but had to detail more here. First of all, Summit and most of fairly close to Denver hills were royally skunked this morning. The forecast for the past few days, up to yesterday afternoon, was for 8-12 inches, and there was fucking bullshit on the ground this morning. Zip. But, I get up real early to get up to ABasin, because, you know, it's fucking Saturday, and it's the only pass I have. I drive by that lower lot almost at Keystone on the side of the road, and, whoa, it's 3/4 full. At 7:45 am. Ok, I think, employees (which it was, because of what today was). Get to the lower lot, with fantasies of the beach (Jesus, I'm a gaper) at 7:50 am. Totally fucking full. Next lot up. Totally fucking full. Next lot up, (the last) was almost full, with a line coming in both ways from over the pass and from my direction. I mean, What The Fuck. Fucking Gaper Day. And it's Saturday. I'll bet some people were half drunk already. Benny turned around and went to breakfast. Fuck that. Imagine the shitshow on the slopes. Or just trying to pee at mid mountain.

Walking around Breck last night and this experience reminded me why I hate this place sometimes. I found an affordable, mellow, cool ski town in my travels, which is like the anti summit. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

You're a whinny little snowflake aren't ya Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    (Jesus, I'm a gaper) at 7:50 am. Totally fucking full. Next lot up. Totally fucking full. Next lot up, (the last) was almost full, with a line coming in both ways from over the pass and from my direction. I mean, What The Fuck. Fucking Gaper Day. And it's Saturday. I'll bet some people were half drunk already. Benny turned around and went to breakfast.
    Own the Benny. Own that shit all day long. Gold.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The hard life of a local

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    The hard life of a "local"
    FIFY
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No quotes needed for benny. Worldwide local

Laundry , breakfast , bitching on TGR, all superior to skiing !

Walking around Breck last night and this experience reminded me why I hate this place sometimes. I found an affordable, mellow, cool ski town in my travels, which is like the anti summit. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
    thats too bad bunny, I was walking around breck last night too, having drinks, dinner and enjoying myself, I guess I ain't on my high horse like you are, I just know how to have a good time and I love where I live, out my door and a ten min walk I'm downtown or on a gondola, what could be better than that

We should have hooked up last night I would have shown you how to enjoy yourself, where did you go for dinner? Did your girlfriend make you wait in line at the crepe cart or did you goto the hearthstone, I didn't see you there when I was having dinner there

If you hate it so much, why the fuck do you keep showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    Spring skiing rules. Allows u to become master of bumps as one butters and slices them down, Thereby, u are making them flatter and smaller for the enjoyment of the general public.

Huh? The bumps get deeper bro. Especially in the spring. They are just easier with some mush to push around.

I posted about this in the gaper thread, but had to detail more here. First of all, Summit and most of fairly close to Denver hills were royally skunked this morning. The forecast for the past few days, up to yesterday afternoon, was for 8-12 inches, and there was fucking bullshit on the ground this morning. Zip. But, I get up real early to get up to ABasin, because, you know, it's fucking Saturday, and it's the only pass I have. I drive by that lower lot almost at Keystone on the side of the road, and, whoa, it's 3/4 full. At 7:45 am. Ok, I think, employees (which it was, because of what today was). Get to the lower lot, with fantasies of the beach (Jesus, I'm a gaper) at 7:50 am. Totally fucking full. Next lot up. Totally fucking full. Next lot up, (the last) was almost full, with a line coming in both ways from over the pass and from my direction. I mean, What The Fuck. Fucking Gaper Day. And it's Saturday. I'll bet some people were half drunk already. Benny turned around and went to breakfast. Fuck that. Imagine the shitshow on the slopes. Or just trying to pee at mid mountain.

Benny for some reason I thought you were an NYC guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If you hate it so much, why the fuck do you keep showing up?
    A few friends, very reliable late season snow. Weekdays, especially now, are awesome if conditions are good. Except Breck. Fuck Breck.

Good times and carnage at the Keystone Schlittentag yesterday.

Benny be trippin, I can't say I have ever had a bad day on skis regardless of Crowds, rain, ice, mud, bad weed, no weed, slush, bad parking, flue, hung over, whatever if my skis are on it's a good day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBear View Post
    Benny be trippin, I can't say I have ever had a bad day on skis regardless of Crowds, rain, ice, mud, bad weed, no weed, slush, bad parking, flue, hung over, whatever if my skis are on it's a good day :-)
    Amen.

Except the day I broke my leg, that one sucked.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A few friends, very reliable late season snow. Weekdays, especially now, are awesome if conditions are good. Except Breck. Fuck Breck.
    Yeah, Breck is horrible

Yea, no one should ever go to that shitty place it sucks. Please stop going get day jobs and move to Kansas they have great skiing in Kansas.

Except Breck. Fuck Breck.
    Yeah the t bar and imperial chair both have really shitty terrain off of them.

Oh, shit, here we go again.

First, you have to drive into that town. God forbid you live there. That would be sad. Unless, of course, dad and mom bought you the bedroom. And granite kitchen. Even then, holy crap, you have to walk around in a swamp of gapers buying shit and eating shit almost every day. So let's be kind and say you live in a better place. After miles on that road dodging radar and being tailgate by an aggro front ranger in a stupid pickup truck, you now have the privelege of paying 10 bucks (is it more now?) To park in a huge lot and get gondoladed up into Breck Grand Central, where you are now knee deep in hundreds of gapers scurrying about and drinking early. Three long, gaper filled chairs (on and below on the slopes) you may arrive at what may be good skiing without crowds, although the Imperial Chair dumps entire families by the minute into terrain they have no business considering, but, you know, knar, Texas style. Maybe it's good up there, maybe not, who knows, with the wind and traffic. Then you have to wade all the fuck back down through gapers to the gondola and then car and drive ten miles through radar with some aggro front ranger in a Lexus SUV on your ass.
    Furgetabout powder days. There's so many frustrated instructors and locals and a few Texans that can ski, it's gone in 90 minutes.

There is some good food in town. And my massage therapist works out of main st.. Unfortunately.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 04-03-2017 at 05:34 AM.

It's $4 unless you come during Gaper Weekend. And most ski Imperial Bowl thankfully.

Last year they were charging 12 bucks almost all of March. You know, spring break.

Huh.... meanwhile in Aspen it's pretty quiet, pretty much lapping right onto the chair. Sound rough over there.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It's $4 unless you come during Gaper Weekend. And most ski Imperial Bowl thankfully.
    Yup and even fewer people are able to make the traverse out to to peak 7 bowl and beyond. Most everyone who doesn't ski imperial bowl just goes right down the center of whales tale and through vertigo