THIS is how to bend Salomon brakes.

I learned how to bend brakes the hard way and I know there has been a lot of discussion on the subject here, so I finally made a video on how it's done. Do it like I show here and you cannot go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndQuCbLwrbw&t=1s

Next time, try it with more jazz.

THIS is how to bend Salomon brakes.

Marshal's discount the shit out of it method is tried and true

Just used Marshall's method on Monday. CHEAP, EASY, EFFECTIVE.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Someone clue me in, what is marshall's method?

The jazzy, discount the shit out of it, brake bendy method - aka the second video.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    The jazzy, discount the shit out of it, brake bendy method - aka the second video.
    Far too crude for my taste but whatever works fo ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DaffyJeffy View Post
    Crude? Wow your method takes 10times longer and you have to fiddle with pulling the brakes apart. end method works with the binders and brakes mounted. Grab a 2ft length of pipe and you're golden. Not that your method is bad just takes longer.

The first method doesn't really widen the gap between the break arms but just gives them a wider stance, though. Can lead to issues (arms are less well stowed away in ski mode and can hook up) and is very limited in the extra width those stanced break arms can accommodate.

If looks are an issue for you, just buy the right size. There are various available and Salomon breaks are basically all interchangeable (with a little fine-tuning sometimes).

That's rich.

You need to get a history lesson on this place.

Thanks for trying though. Nothing like proposing a solution for something that was solved years ago, long before you showed up.

Just noticed that the MarshallOlson video is 10-years old this week (uploaded to YouTube 10-10-07). Love that it is on a pair of Spats, too.

Do what ever works for you. I saw that video way back when it came out. It didn't impress me then and doesn't impress me now. Way too much torque applied to 20-year old plastic but whatever flips your skirt up.

Sheesh I take the time a make a video to try to help people...next time I'll just leave it on youtube. You guys really are a mean spirited bunch and now I remember why I haven't been here is so long. Maybe I'll be back when I forget what a nasty place this is again. Adios.

Do what ever works for you. I saw that video way back when it came out. It didn't impress me then and doesn't impress me now. Way too much torque applied to 20-year old plastic but whatever flips your skirt up.

Sheesh I take the time a make a video to try to help people...next time I'll just leave it on youtube. You guys really are a mean spirited bunch and now I remember why I haven't been here is so long. Maybe I'll be back when I forget what a nasty place this is again. Adios.
    Another special snowflake needing a safe place...

What you miss is that you show no respect for this place and those who built it. You didn't even ask who Marshall Olson is and why his contribution matters. Someone shows you another way, says it is preferred, and you thumb your nose at it. That doesn't sit well with many folks here.

Plus, that was ten years ago...when getting anything more than a set of 100-mm brakes on a binding was near impossible in most cases.

BTW, no one asked for the video because we didn't need it.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 01-13-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: C

Hey Jeffy,

Can we see your old lady's tits? Girlfriend, sister, or mom works too.

Sincerely,
    The forum

I use the Daffy method. I'd prefer using Marshall's, but when ever I've done that the old connection between arm and stomp pad gets torqued. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Now, on to the tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Since the TGR royalty is having so much fun skewering me on this, feel free to see my latest post in the Jigarex thread. I'm sure you'll have a field day with that one. Like I said, whatever flips your skirt up.

Royalty? Why thank you Jeffy. I'm honored. So...how about those titties now?

my skirt is so up right now....

That said, good on ya for making the video. It'll keep a lot of people out of my basement because they can do it themselves now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.