Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Gear rumors 17/18

Havent seen the respective topic yet, so thought id start one since there is already quite some stuff floating around...

Atomic: New 4 buckle overlap touring boot, which is apparrently "as stiff and flexes like an alpine boot" ~1500g

Dynafit: Apparently the Beasts will go away (not sure), there will be two new bindings, one of them the new superlight which will feature a new construction, aluminium parts and come in 285g z 6-12
    info in german incl. pics: https://www.sportalpen.com/die-allro...skibindung.htm

Fritschi: New Vipec-Style binding called "Tecton", vipec toe 550g (one binding), heel will also clip to the inserts z5-12

Scott: New "S1" Boot seen in Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BO99Ad6ADL-/

Salomon: will have a procline boot as well, the mnt bindings will now have brakes available...

freak~[&]

Rumors

Blizzard is launching a few new models, I think there's a thread here already with some prototypes floating around

Heard from a dude at a local ski shop that there's a possibility that the Katana will be updated to next season

Fritschi are coming out with a competitor to the kingpin as well

The new Salomon and Fritchi gear has been posted on wildsnow. Lou has been giving it the run around.

I used google translate on that German thread about the new dynafits and it specifically says that the beasts are gone.

New Dynastar Cham lineup.

New Dynastar Richard Permin pro model - gathered that it will be a big mountain non-directional pow ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    New Dynastar Cham lineup.

New Dynastar Richard Permin pro model - gathered that it will be a big mountain non-directional pow ski.
    Big move by Dynastar. Apparently they are giving him input in the design. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with after being on the Bent Chetler for so long.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Big move by Dynastar. Apparently they are giving him input in the design. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with after being on the Bent Chetler for so long.
    A chargey bentchetler with a little metal would be cool.

Nordica is coming out with a side country boot with integrated tech toe... similar to the Cochise.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishchef View Post
    Fritschi are coming out with a competitor to the kingpin as well

not that I have any shred of evidence but I would bet Dynafit is also doing a binding with a Kingpin like heelpiece
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

looks like Union is working on a splitboard binding. Not much details yet.

http://www.splitboarding.eu/de/split...8#comment-1596
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    not that I have any shred of evidence but I would bet Dynafit is also doing a binding with a Kingpin like heelpiece
    Nice!

Really enjoying my kingpins-the solid feeling through the tail of the ski is great.

more info about the Nordica and Atomic boots mentioned please!

Those are usually the two best fits for my feet! so very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    more info about the Nordica and Atomic boots mentioned please!

Those are usually the two best fits for my feet! so very excited.
    Name:  nordicastrider.jpeg
Views: 8316
Size:  59.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hillmap View Post

"The popular Scarpa Maestrale RS ski touring boot gets an upgrade for 2017. The brand cut five ounces from the boot while making it stiffer (to 130 flex), and extends the cuff range in walk/tour mode from 37 degrees to 60 degrees."

OK, they have my attention.

^ looks sharp too. Hopefully it is not the same shitty walk mode lever as before?

That RS2 looks like a great boot, I wonder if they tightened the heel pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    ^ looks sharp too. Hopefully it is not the same shitty walk mode lever as before?
    The first one was god awful, I'm still going through 1-2 walk modes a season on mine. But the newer one I think has been fine?
    (this is the newer one)

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That RS2 looks like a great boot, I wonder if they tightened the heel pocket.
    I hope so, that's the only fit issue I have with mine.
    I still need to try on a Tecnica Zero G Pro Guide, if anyone in Denver ever gets a 25.5 in stock. But one of those two boots will likely be my next one.

the tongue on the scott IS NEW!!

Mastrale has also lost a buckle, i wonder if it still has that side hinging tongue??

Mystery Ranch making ski packs again! Only photo was of a ~20L non-airbag pack tho...

20L ? thats a purse not a pack

RS2 looks sick.

I also wish the heel pocket was tighter. Gen2 walk mode is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Stoked that Mystery Ranch is back in the game. 20L is enough for spring objectives, but most packs at that size have awful ski carry systems. IMO, MR packs were always near the top in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I still need to try on a Tecnica Zero G Pro Guide, if anyone in Denver ever gets a 25.5 in stock. But one of those two boots will likely be my next one.
    You're welcome to try my pair anytime. I've had some punches done so they aren't "virgin", which may limit the usefulness of that experience, you know, depending on your preferences.
    Last edited by North; 01-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the tongue on the scott IS NEW!!
    A short video showing the new lock mechanism. Super strange. Wonder if that will create instep pressure...

^^^ Cool. I like how they say, "to make that perfect turn", and then show a dude in the back seat. He was probably avoiding the instep pain from that damn ski mode lock mechanism.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda