Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post

"A little WildSnow weekend action for you faithful out there. Atomic made a big splash with their new ski touring offerings these past few seasons. Especially the Backland boot. Which is probably the easiest skiboot in existance for fitting to problem feet. And pretty good in general. This year they’re jumping on the “freeride touring” bandwagon, along with updates on the binding and a new touring boot. (Insider look, I’m hanging out with Salomon over the next few days, checking out their new touring gear, and I’ll bet the binding that’s Salomon branded is virtually the same as Atomic. Stay tuned.)

Hawx 130 flex overlap freeride touring boot. Said to come in at around 1400-1500 grams with scads of cuff mobility. This could be a winner.

Overview of what’s coming for 2016-2017:
    – 2 brand new boot options (one in lightweight touring and Hawx freeride touring), and updates to existing models
    – 1 brand new ski option, and updates to existing models (we’re waiting for solid info)
    – New updates to the pin binding (we’re waiting for solid info)
    – New updates to the skin range

While I tend to think the best news is always in the lighter weight touring department, I’ll admit that Atomic appears to be onto something in Freeride Touring, with a new touring (tech binding compatible) version of their Hawx boot. This will be the Hawx Ultra XTD and a number of other related models (pronounce as “extended”): 130-120-100 flex options, 1420g / 26.5, 54° of cuff range of motion, Memory Fit, external lean lock machinery and more. Atomic is claiming this offering will “tour better than any other 4-buckle or 1.5kg-ish option out there.” That might be a bit of hype, but this is indeed looking good. It’s like they reached that ultimate pinnacle of design perfection in adding cuff mobility and external lean lock to an already terrific overlap cuff alpine boot, only it’s quite light. (We’re still of the opinion that most backcountry skiers will be entirely happy with a 1 kilo boot of the dedicated ski touring persuasion, but then, we respect you hard chargers out there.)

The complete Hawx freeride touring line. Atomic is clearly going for world domination.

Atomic PR, edited for brevity:
    HAWX ULTRA XTD: ALL MOUNTAINS, ONE BOOT
    Hawx has always been an all-mountain boot. But the line between all-mountain skiing and freeride touring is constantly blurring. So Atomic has created a new boot that works perfectly for both – Hawx Ultra XTD. It combines the legendary feel, skiing power and all-mountain capability of Hawx with the epic natural movement of Backland.
    I want...

Quote Originally Posted by ARpowhound View Post
    Wonder if that Hawk 130 will have DIN non rockered sole replacements?
    I'm wondering the same thing.

^I heard yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Nordica will release two new Enforcers, one in 110 mm and one in 115 mm waist. The 115 comes also in 191 cm length and will be currently skied by Stefan Häusl in the FWT competition. Sweet looking ski with apparently metal in it.
    Anyone got more info on this?

Rocker/Camber profile?
    Like the current enforcer or more like patron??

I happened to quite like the current enforcer when i demo'd it but a 110 waist will fit the quiver better.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Anyone got more info on this?

Rocker/Camber profile?
    Like the current enforcer or more like patron??

I happened to quite like the current enforcer when i demo'd it but a 110 waist will fit the quiver better.
    I don't have a photo of the rocker profile, but I've seen it, and it's more Patron tail than Enforcer tail.

Enforcer 110 & 115

Quote Originally Posted by Jstewss View Post
    I don't have a photo of the rocker profile, but I've seen it, and it's more Patron tail than Enforcer tail.

Same_lenghts_for_the_110_&_115_as_the_current_93_& _100?

Snowskating is starting to blow up. S**t is raw like snowboarding used to be! Check out the Hovland snowskate booth and then sign this petition to get Loveland to open up to snowskating like Taos did the other week.

https://www.change.org/p/loveland-sk...t-ski-loveland

New Moment 17/18 highlights...

http://www.mmntskis.com/

All skis now have semi-cap that helps protect the topsheets but doesn't affect performance in any way. From first-hand, I used to destroy my old Moments..chipping off the topsheet...I'm a hack what can I say? It also gives the ski a more refined/finished look.

Highlights: More models now have a tour version with lighter layup and tail cut for skins. Gone are the Belafonte, Governor, Underworld, Exit World (truth be told, they can usually make any of the old skis via special order...ie. Comi etc)

Deathwish is the same but they added a Deathwish Tour (Triple Camber)

Tahoe 96 and Tahoe 106 (front rocker and Triple Camber) - think Belafonte with some kick.

New Moment Meridian Tour and Meridian 117 (Full Rocker)

Bibby graphics are pretty rad as usual (same shape and design as we all love). Bibby Tour still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstewss View Post
    Bummer if true. I like the enforcer a lot but I couldn't ever get along with the patron tail.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

newschoolers has started posting SIA photos. Might as well spill some beans here then:

Line:
    Sickday 114, 104, 94,
    No supernatural 108 or 115

Armada:
    ARV 116 replaces JJ, gets 3D tip
    Tracer series replaces KUFOs, goes to 98, 108, gets a 118, Womens models as well, new construction with vertically tapered core.
    Invictus series returns

Blizzard/Tecnica has been adequately discussed

New Lange replacement to RX and RS boots. Unique construction XT freetour rolls over

Black Crows continues to be black crows

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    newschoolers has started posting SIA photos. Might as well spill some beans here then:

Line:
    Sickday 114, 104, 94,

Armada:
    Tracer series replaces KUFOs, goes to 98, 108, gets a 118, Womens models as well, new construction with vertically tapered core.
    Invictus series returns

New Lange replacement to RX and RS boots. Unique construction XT freetour rolls over

You mean DPS topsheets on Elan skis?
    Training for Alpental

Faaaaack, love love LOVE my supernatural 108 and really wanted to add the 115's to the quiver next year

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post

Bibby graphics are pretty rad as usual (same shape and design as we all love). Bibby Tour still available.
    Bibby graphics sic as always. Don't get it why they are not changing Bibby Tour graphics, ski looks dull AF

Meridians line-up is very controversial

Line:
    Sickday 114, 104, 94,

Armada:
    Invictus series returns

Tracer 118:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16228643_1257673764316841_1051078840652136448_n.jpg 
Views:	731 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	198434
    from Tof Henry's instagram

All skis now have semi-cap that helps protect the topsheets but doesn't affect performance in any way. From first-hand, I used to destroy my old Moments..chipping off the topsheet...I'm a hack what can I say? It also gives the ski a more refined/finished look.

Highlights: More models now have a tour version with lighter layup and tail cut for skins. Gone are the Belafonte, Governor, Underworld, Exit World (truth be told, they can usually make any of the old skis via special order...ie. Comi etc)

Tahoe 96 and Tahoe 106 (front rocker and Triple Camber) - think Belafonte with some kick.

I guess I was the only guy who liked the Jaguar Shark.
    Nine days in Hokkaido and I saw only one other pair of Moments... lots of DPS and Black Crowes.
    116-ish with mustache rocker and not crazy stiff and I'm a buyer.

http://www.mmntskis.com/ Bibby graphics are pretty rad as usual.
    All those topsheets are NUTS! Well done Moment!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I'm really interested in the Meridian Tour, but I think they've completely missed it on the graphics for 17/18. Shouldn't matter at all, but it does. New Bibby graphic is just way way off. Worst yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    I'm really interested in the Meridian Tour, but I think they've completely missed it on the graphics for 17/18. Shouldn't matter at all, but it does. New Bibby graphic is just way way off. Worst yet.
    I'm with you on the Meridians...I like this years graphic. But I was also incredibly fond of the original Deathwish graphics and the last few years they've basically been black. Totally subjective but I still like the new Bibby graphic.

Rad rad rad. Any tech specs on the DW Tour and the Meridian Tour (weight, specifically...)?

I'm with you on the Meridians...I like this years graphic. But I was also incredibly fond of the original Deathwish graphics and the last few years they've basically been black. Totally subjective but I still like the new Bibby graphic.
    Isn't this from a guy who had a (awesome) set of iggys with Slayer topsheets?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Isn't this from a guy who had a (awesome) set of iggys with Slayer topsheets?
    Yes, some white Iggies...Fat Carver's I believe but just a Slayer sticker. My...cough...Pro Model was a 207 MFFL with the Hellraiser Pinhead graphic.

Any pics of Moment's Chief Commander?

Because I need a 207 indie straight ski.

New Lange replacement to RX and RS boots.
    Me wanna know more. Got anything? Pictures?

Anyone know of anyone doing videos from SIA this year? Nothing on newschoolers or searchable on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1080 View Post
    Anyone know of anyone doing videos from SIA this year? Nothing on newschoolers or searchable on youtube.
    phil has a few on his website facebook page pugski, also saw a live video blizzard published, and that was all I've seen.