Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Avy Death in Glacier Park, MT - 1/5/17

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2017/01/05...-glacier-park/

Sounds like he was a good dude with many friends, some here. Looking forward to learning more.

Edited to remove misinformation.
    Last edited by Norseman; 01-08-2017 at 09:21 AM.

tragic loss.

update
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Fuck, saw a vague post on facebook yesterday but didn't know what happened. Ben was a really awesome guy. Really fast on a bike too.

Ben was an awesome guy and a friend - an incredible athlete, and incredibly humble as the article states. I hurt deeply for his wife and son. Tragic.

Condolences guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    tragic loss.

update
    Ugh. Tough read.

Terrible.

Devastating, the past 18 hours has been heavy for the community. Benny touched a lot of peoples lives and always for the better. Always an optimist and could make anyone feel the stoke. Keep your thoughts with his family and all that were involved. Just a real tragic deal.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Flathead mags all accounted for?
    Shitty deal
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This sucks.

On a regular basis, Ben was putting down super human feats of strength, some of which were documented on here by his partners. Here's a TR I stumbled upon a few years ago: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Peak-West-Face

Terrible. I can't imagine what Ben's family and friends are going through.

(Sidenote: God bless Pierce, Goguen and the rest of the Two Bear Air crew for the service they provide. Incredible resource y'all have up there.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ugh, thoughts to everyone affected.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sad story. Vibes to his family and friends.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Really sorry to hear this, I know friends of his and it sounds like he was an amazing athlete and great guy. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

Yeah, absolutely one of the nicest and most encouraging guys you could ever meet. The first year I started racing moutain bikes I did the butte 100. Got to the last aid station, was feeling like shit, and there's this guy helping, telling me, yeah, it's hard, but have a coke and eat some food and get back on your bike. I make it to the end, basically can't move or do anything. Then awards start going on, and there's that guy at the top of the podium. Ben won overall, and then went back to the last aid station to cheer on the other racers.

Think this is public:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.her...=3&pnref=story

few pictures of Ben skiing and biking
    Last edited by jamal; 01-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Sad. Feel for his family. RIP.

Ben is a wonderful human being and will be missed dearly by everyone.

https://www.gofundme.com/benparsonsfamily

Man...so tragic.

Vibes to the community. Vibes to family and friends. That said, cheers to a life well lived.

Rest easy brother.

An event was scheduled for yesterday afternoon - a general call went out for everybody who knew and loved Ben to skin or hike up Whitefish Mountain Ski resort and meet at the top. I'm not sure how many were expected, but over 200 turned out and climbed the hill together. There was a moment of silence and some encouraging words spoken about Ben at the top. I've never seen the top of the mountain that packed - even on a big ski day. You can see a few of the pictures of the skin and Ben's life on his Facebook page. I'll try to embed pictures when I get permission.

He will be deeply missed.

Seth

Here is a link to the event. Lots great shots in there. It was a very special thing to be a part of.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks for the links. Helps bring Ben into perspective. Seems like such an awesome guy. And athlete. Friend of mine in Anaconda was telling me how Ben won a couple of the Butte 100s and how impressive that was. I really feel for his family and friends. Those pics of the tribute are amazing. All those people climbing up! Seems like that is the most fitting thing you could do for a guy like him.

I attended a memorial on top of Big Mountain years ago for a friend who died of cancer (Jacques who used to own Snowfrog board shop). Those pics reminded me of that day and my friend.

Aww man...

Ben was a special one for sure. You could be the weak link in the group, which wasn't saying you we're slouch... but he made you overcome the impossible and go harder than you ever knew you could.... so many adventures untold. The positive is it makes you look around and love the ones that are still pushing hard. Our lives our better lived full. A true legend before it was told. Love you Benny.

Formerly Rludes025