Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The other thing about compression, not necessarily socks, is there's a bio feedback element associated with it, and also the muscles don't vibrate as much and so that's wasted energy. I have such wickedly strong skinny calves I can't imagine them vibrating though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Redistribute fluid, so it makes your dick bigger.
    but i already blew the crotch out of my soft shells ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I wear a compression sock do to a tib-fib break a few years ago. I have permanent swelling in that lower leg and my PT think i should always wear compression on that leg. It does seem to make that boot more comfortable and my leg generally feel better.

But, on my uninjured leg I cannot stand the compression of athletic level compression all day on my calf. So I ski with one compression sock and one regular ski sock.

On long distance flights or drives, the lighter compression of TravelSox is not a problem and still helps with the injured leg.

Tried compression socks for the first time today. I just used my travel ones I usually wear on flights. I'm stunned. My feet were warm, despite these socks being barely more than a nylon...

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Redistribute fluid, so it makes your dick bigger.
    Add really long skis for the yoooooge schlong

Not sure if it's a full compression sock or not "graduated compression" but I bought a pair of the Stance Louif socks at my boot place just to give it a try as I was needing some new socks this year. Hands down the best sock I have ever used, bought a second pair within a week and will probably get another pair. It's a thin sock which I like, fits my foot so good., they are marked left and right so you make sure to get the sock on the correct foot.

http://www.stance.com/louif/M748C16L...e-snow#start=1

My boys like Stance, just because of the patterns/designs. For $30 compared to $50+ (for other compression socks), they might be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Not sure if it's a full compression sock or not "graduated compression" but I bought a pair of the Stance Louif socks at my boot place just to give it a try as I was needing some new socks this year. Hands down the best sock I have ever used, bought a second pair within a week and will probably get another pair. It's a thin sock which I like, fits my foot so good., they are marked left and right so you make sure to get the sock on the correct foot.

http://www.stance.com/louif/M748C16L...e-snow#start=1

I got four pairs of Dissent socks as a gift (two pro tour, two GFX) a few years back.

Love the pro tours for early season when my feet are blown out from being in flip flops all summer and my liners are fresh and tight. As the season progresses my liners pack out so I can move to the GFX.

I've had Intuition liners and custom footbeds for years but I would usually get some sort of foot cramp during a day of skiing. Since I started using these socks I no longer get foot cramps and my feet seem to last longer before fatigue sets in. For me, that's a huge win! My GF had the same experience and now we fight over them. Since then I've tried a set of Sockwell compression socks. They cost about half, have about half of compression and are about half as effective.

Only drawbacks - the pro tours are a bitch to get on and the GFX picks up every dog hair in the house.
    Last edited by hop; 01-09-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Compression socks; snake oil or success?

Bought some cep from left lane sports for $15 each. I got thermal progressive. I like em. Kept my legs fresh for sure. Warm too. For $15-20 worth it.
    Last edited by whyturn; 01-20-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I know nothing about these socks.. but early season I often end up with foot cramps, and I have chronic frostbite issues on the tip of both big toes.

Thanks for the thread, I'm going shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Tried compression socks for the first time today. I just used my travel ones I usually wear on flights. I'm stunned. My feet were warm, despite these socks being barely more than a nylon...
    Me too. I've used them the past couple of weekends to replace my Smartwool PHD ski socks and I think it's made a difference in keeping my feet warm.

I ski in Icebreaker compression socks everyday, originally purchased to address circulation issues (from an injury), but have also found them to be very comfortable and that they hold their position better than any comparable sock.