New La Sportiva AT Boots

Looks like some cool new touring boots out of Sportiva for OR. FR Touring (A burlier Spectre I guess since it's 105 grams heavier?), a touring/cheap race boot, and a new $1500 race boot.

Syncro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d1e3f42e-3a39-4385-8f90-721afce0b348.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	196381
    Womens Syncro (Shadow)

Name:	73a92d78-edd9-45d6-8190-51b72bf8c946.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	196382

"The Synchro for men and Shadow for women are the most diverse freeride ski mountaineering boots on the market. They combine power and precision for downhill skiing with the lightweight and large range of mobility expected from an alpine touring boot. The unique hinged double power tongue increases mobility and flex of the boot while providing forward stiffness. A booster strap and carbon reinforced vertebra delivers a 125 flex boot with 50 degrees of range of motion in walk mode. The new overwrap Ultralon foam liner provides warmth, comfort, and support. The Synchro and Shadow are the perfect alpine touring boot to drive today’s modern skis. They will weigh 1550 grams, have a 102.5mm last and retail for $759."

Sytron

Name:	7d1f8df0-0a72-47f8-a927-b2ceb659e7d6.jpg 
Views:	990 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	196383
    Women's Sytron
    Name:  6c40775e-4de0-461b-a2d9-f112a1061473.jpg
Views: 4418
Size:  55.6 KB
    "The Sytron and Sytron W’s incorporate ski mountaineering technology into boots at a friendlier price point for rando racing, multiple backcountry laps, or setting FKTs. The Sytron uses a carbon reinforced polymer while the women’s model has a fiberglass reinforced polymer for a softer flex in a women’s specific boot. The CavoBike Pro lever enables fast transitions and the 75 degree range of motion in an 850-gram boot is an efficient, fast boot for skimo racing or training. It will retail for $749."

Raceborg

Name:	9e7dc591-b201-4ed6-9f91-a277ded97814.jpg 
Views:	1283 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	196385
    "The La Sportiva Raceborg combines the stiffness and innovation of the Stratos Hi-Cube cuff with the comfort of a Grilamid shell for the ultimate ski mountaineering race boot. A new CavoBike lever makes transitioning from ski to walk mode exceptionally easy and at 790 grams, the boot will be exceptionally fast on the skin track. A 75 degree range of motion provides no restriction in walk mode and the carbon cuff is stiff for downhill ski performance. This race specific boot will retail for $1650."

<Yawn>. Now, if they were to make a LIGHTER two-buckle variant on the spectre, shaved off the duck bill a bit, and made it substantially cheaper than the Procline, that would be something to get excited about. But why would I want a Spectre that is heavier and looks like I vomited on it?

Also, it looks like there aren't holes for pins on the toe. It could just be the render, but it looks like there are pin holes on the other renders. Strange. Maybe they are intended as a downhill boot? That would explain the increased stiffness and weight. Or maybe it is just an incomplete render.

New La Sportiva AT Boots

The toe pin sockets are there. Just not rendered in a metal color.

Will they bother making sure the tech inserts work with a radical binding? That would be a good improvement.

What's the deal with the sole protrusion on the Raceborg?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    What's the deal with the sole protrusion on the Raceborg?
    LS has done that before, it was for indexing to step in and trigger the toe piece easier.

I had some Spitfires a few years ago that I liked other than how soft they were. I wonder how the Sytron will ski compared to the Alien.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Sytron at that price point and weight could be attractive depending on stiffness... still thinking that a 1kg TLT7P is the holy grail, if it's within ~15% stiffness of my green TLT6P + black tongue.

Personally if I'm buying a 1500g+ 4buckle AT boot that's my "heavy" or 50/50 setup and I'm going burlier than a Sportiva anyway (Scarpa Freedom, something Salomon, Tecnica Cochise, etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    But why would I want a Spectre that is heavier and looks like I vomited on it?
    ^ lol and agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    The toe pin sockets are there. Just not rendered in a metal color.
    What you and I call a socket/hole seems to be very different.

It's probably just a not %100 visually done model

What you and I call a socket/hole seems to be very different.
    It's a rendering.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Also, it looks like there aren't holes for pins on the toe. It could just be the render, but it looks like there are pin holes on the other renders. Strange. Maybe they are intended as a downhill boot? That would explain the increased stiffness and weight. Or maybe it is just an incomplete render.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    It's a rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    It's probably just a not %100 visually done model
    Yeah I think I get that.

Bump-
    Anyone on the Synchro?

Bizump again; tried some on and liked the fit. Anybody have experience with the Synchro?

Same synchro question bump. Fit is good, looks good on paper. Internet testimony is hard to find

I think Wildsnow has a review of them...but that has to be taken with the normal WS grain of salt
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Also curious how a Sytron compares to a Alien RS
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Also curious how a Sytron compares to a Alien RS
    I have the sytron, my wife has the RS. She complains that the RS is too soft(likes the alien 1.0). carpet testing, the RS has more friction in walk mode than Sytron by a large margin(and about 3x more friction in walk than 1.0)

Also I think Sytron is a bit cheaper and easier to get a deal on

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I have the sytron, my wife has the RS. She complains that the RS is too soft(likes the alien 1.0). carpet testing, the RS has more friction in walk mode than Sytron by a large margin(and about 3x more friction in walk than 1.0)
    Interesting! I tried the RS on and thought it was stiffer than a TLT7P and comparable to the Backland Carbon (all carpet testing)... maybe I'm crazy? Someone else just told me the Sytron is way less downhill performance than the RS. I am thinking about the Fischer Traverse Carbon too
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Interesting! I tried the RS on and thought it was stiffer than a TLT7P and comparable to the Backland Carbon (all carpet testing)... maybe I'm crazy? Someone else just told me the Sytron is way less downhill performance than the RS. I am thinking about the Fischer Traverse Carbon too
    I use the following quiver, F1 for 105 under foot/resort, Sytron for citizen race, 50 degree couloirs, mountaineering(87 underfoot), Older Alien 1.0 for race/training

I tried to have the Sytron be the one boot quiver, but found it was too much effort to ski the 105 skis, so got the F1s. I have no need for the Alien 1.0, but got them cheap this summer, so why not see what the buzz is all about

Almost a month, anyone on the synchro's yet? Need a TR2 compatible replacement for the spirit RS I feel I'm currently overdriving

Sent from my PH-1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Any more RS to Sytron info out there?

I think a buddy of mine just got a pair of sytron's last month. But it's for a super light setup (and he's a light dude)...but I'll ask him what his thoughts are since he's normally doing freestyle stuff when not in techboots.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.