Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Farewell to a friend I never met.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Damn, so young. RIP. Condolences to his family.

I never met Bjarke but remember his posts. Condolences to HOP and others that knew him well.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Sad.
    RIP Bjarke, may deep, untracked bluebird powder lay at your feet for evermore.
    Condolences to loved ones and friends.
    Thanks for sharing Mulletizer and HOP.

Rip. Way too young!

I am close with a young family (also 3 kids) who lost their dad/husband in his sleep; unexpected, early 40's, and a healthy guy. It took them a while to recover to a semblance of functionality. My deepest condolences to his family.
    -------
    I remember bjarke from teletips. I enjoyed his photos, stories (including from his blog), and input about stiff skis for tele. He turned me onto the volkl explosive. I greatly appreciated his contributions (and influence) to the ski forums: kind, honest, and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

This pic is a poster on the wall at the Voilé HQ, BTW.

Thank you Mulletizer. I remember bjarke mostly from his online presence on TTips, which was much cooler to me than to you or him, but I'm a geek that way. In any case, he (and hop) were the local badasses on the board, and I feel fortunate to have skied with both. I too met bjarke fer realz for the first time at La Grave when I was visiting Glisseur my initial trip there. I remember hanging out at Le Pub and skiing off the télépherique with a real gentleman, a great skier and an all-around bon vivant. He will definitely be missed.

And as he was a Dane:

"Goodnight, sweet prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

I too remember him from teletips, always thought it was cool that such an accomplished skier contributed the way he did. Way too young. RIP Bjarke, and condolences to his friends and family.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That first pic on Coreshot is from our place in Tahoe: Radness, wood panelling, ugly super comfy couch, and all. I was just reminiscing about that trip and Steeze day this past weekend. I'll never forget the awesome one liner he busted out to the people on the lift when we were dorking around on High School air... Reading the Coreshot tribute is a wonderful blast from the past. Thanks hop for putting that up and thanks Mulletizer for letting us all know. Bjarke was an awesome human being, and I consider myself lucky to have met him. He will be sorely missed.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    That first pic on Coreshot is from our place in Tahoe: Radness, wood panelling, ugly super comfy couch, and all. I was just reminiscing about that trip and Steeze day this past weekend. I'll never forget the awesome one liner he busted out to the people on the lift when we were dorking around on High School air... Reading the Coreshot tribute is a wonderful blast from the past. Thanks hop for putting that up and thanks Mulletizer for letting us all know. Bjarke was an awesome human being, and I consider myself lucky to have met him. He will be sorely missed.
    I had to screenshot that pic from a thumbnail the last bit of Bjarke's website. Radness. So much radness.

What was the quote!? I recall many ridiculous things being said, but I can't remember exactly what they were.

Steeze Day was so much fun day, as were most every day of that season. I never imagined that some of the people I met back then - many of them with Bjarke - would be some of the most important people to me now.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

RIP...so sad. Best to family.

Looks like a young, healthy guy. So sad. Hits home as we are the same age and with kids. Thoughts for his family and kids. RIP

WOW you just never know. Prayers for family and friends.

Sad, sad news, especially for family and friends. I remember him from Ttips where he was solid and inspirational.

That was a fine tribute Mulletizer.

Well said, M.
    He or she who inspires the most, wins.
    Condolences to family and friends.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Big respect for a guy like that: rip and r.i.p.

Rest in peace, Telepath.

I'm sorry to hear that. And 3 kids? Ouch. Vibes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

RIP. Tragic doesn't even begin to describe something like this.

terrible loss

mortality is a bitch

Rest In Peace, Bjarke

..like a candle in a blizzard..
    Godspeed
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

I've been thinking about Bjarke and ttips and decender all afternoon. I never met Bjarke or anybody from those forums, but the stoke was strong.

I wonder if Linken ever gave Bjarke an ownership interest! I wonder how many people bought those bindings because he was on them

those were good days. I don't really spend time looking back, but in some ways I miss them

I remember the positive vibe from Bjarke on TTips. Sad news. RIP and best to his family.
    Last edited by DIYSteve; 01-09-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Oh crap :-( not on here much these days, very sorry to hear the news and the loss for all. RIP
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo