Thread: Trip to Font

Trip to Font

My girlfriend and I were planning a three week trip to Font for next April but we've stumbled upon cheap fares for this April and might move it up a year which means my lazy ass needs to plan quickly instead of putting it off. We'll need to rent a car and find a place to stay so any gite recommendations are appreciated. Our travel plans are open but I figure we'll spend a few days in Paris so what should we do there? We prefer low key and although we'd like to see the tourist stuff we'd skip it for something equally as enjoyable with less people.

Any beta on this place? http://thehouse.fr/

I know it's going to rain, I'll get fat eating pastries and some 70 year old Bleausard will hike my projects while smoking a cigarette and steal my woman but other than that.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 01-02-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Airbnb works well in yurp. I got a great dive studio in Annecy, France that great.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Go to the musardiere camping (Google it) and rent a mobile home. Super central. Nice and cheap. Own bathroom and kitchen. ( make sure to reserve one with your own bathroom. There are some without) And the best croissants in the area if the Baker stops by. (No foreseeable pattern to the car coming..just have a look near the office at 9ish am) lamusardiere91@orange.fr

Be warned. Only use very easy English in your mails. And make sure everything is confirmed. Super nice people but a bit confused.
    Get the 7+8 or the 5+6 guidebooks for the best maps and access description. And any of the black star problems will blow your mind. It's your first trip you can cherry pick them all.
    And you need one parkour topo. Do a full parkour! But select wisely .... I recommend 2 number grades below your project limit. I barely manged my first full red this season and I've been coming to the forest for years. (The red circuits usually do not have anything harder than 5c/6a/6a+ in them.)And my projects in font are 7c/V9.

You don't need a photo guide book because the colour arrows tell you which bloc you are standing at.

If you are there in the German Easter holidays(late april) the forest will be full of Germans. Myself included. Unless it snows.
    Don't go to the big name areas like bas cuvier, franchard Isatis, or Apremont on a weekend. Super crowded.

And train on slopers, desperate mantles and smearing foothold before you go.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 01-05-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Our travel plans are open but I figure we'll spend a few days in Paris so what should we do there?
    To spend few days in Paris you can make fun memories by exploring its cool things to do like Seine River Cruise, Going to Eiffel Tower, to join Hop on Hop off Bus to see beauty of this city. Saint Chapelle, The Louvre, Montmartre and many other things to do could lead you have great time there.

We were in Paris this spring for the first time, and only had three days. Walked all over the city center just to get a feel. Three days is not enough time to scratch the surface of Paris. We skipped the Louvre, its just too damn big to not spend a few days in, instead we did the De Orsey and the Oranagerie, where the best impressionist paintings are. Also did Rodin museum. Did do it in Paris, but half to a full day on a hop on hop off bus is a great way to spend your first day in a big city (I did in Vienna and London.)

Just eating and drinking in sidewalk cafes is the most important thing to do in Paris.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Responding to posts within the last 2 years always helps too...