Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Are those pants the right length or are you walking on the cuffs or have the cuffs rolled up ?

I would call that crazy amounts of wear n tear/abuse so I wouldn't warranty that if I was Arcterxy and I doubt they will but good luck with it

I always fix cuff hits with aqua seal way before it gets to ^^ that

As for the original question I asked a good sized dealer if he notices any difference in what Arcteryx will fix and he said same as always, i gave him a pack with stitching that can't be acessed from the inside and a shell with a broken zipper/ some tape issues and he said they probably won't fix either of them and i will get credit or something
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Mine are doing the same — same pant same year. Curious what they do with yours when you send em in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Good to know. It makes me think it's a design flaw--although still damage caused by wear and tear--so a total gray area for the warranty. I sent them an email with the photos hoping to get some warranty clarity and will let you know if I hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Are those pants the right length or are you walking on the cuffs or have the cuffs rolled up ?

I would call that crazy amounts of wear n tear/abuse so I wouldn't warranty that if I was Arcterxy and I doubt they will but good luck with it

I always fix cuff hits with aqua seal way before it gets to ^^ that
    Pants are definitely the correct length and don't drag/get walked on at all. I've been very proactive at trying to put Gore-Tex patches on any holes that poke through the outside of the cuffs, but ultimately the extreme amount of damage occurred because the inside fabric backing delaminated, and that fabric is what protects the waterproof membrane layer (the white layer); without that inner fabric, the boot buckles destroy the rest of the shell wherever they touch it.

To be fair, I probably have 150 days on the shells, so if that's the usable life, I can live with that verdict. Outside of the cuff issue they're in perfect shape, so would be a shame to retire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Good to know. It makes me think it's a design flaw--although still damage caused by wear and tear--so a total gray area for the warranty. I sent them an email with the photos hoping to get some warranty clarity and will let you know if I hear back.

Pants are definitely the correct length and don't drag/get walked on at all. I've been very proactive at trying to put Gore-Tex patches on any holes that poke through the outside of the cuffs, but ultimately the extreme amount of damage occurred because the inside fabric backing delaminated, and that fabric is what protects the waterproof membrane layer (the white layer); without that inner fabric, the boot buckles destroy the rest of the shell wherever they touch it.

To be fair, I probably have 150 days on the shells, so if that's the usable life, I can live with that verdict. Outside of the cuff issue they're in perfect shape, so would be a shame to retire them.
    bullet dodged....exactly why we never released pants...however, the pair i made for myself are still going strong (4 yrs with daily use skiing and even on snowmobile) ...so altho you cant buy from me, i can tell you what i used and maybe you can look for similar on open market....

i used a true softshell fabric like the Antero 2 is made. It is membraned and seam taped. The bottom of leg has the softshell and "super fabric" for the inside the leg cuff guard...I will get a pic or two up ....maybe that helps you...one other benefit with the fleece 3L softshell is that u really dont have to wear any type of bottom baselayer...im mostly in boxers or saxx....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

A super light pair of Arcterxy gortex full zips, too light for alpine skiing really but they were 70 % off SO they are alpine ski pants, probably about 8 yrs and 500+ days wearing 4 buckle alpine boots, pict 1 you can see maybe 3 doz hits on the inside with AQS dabbed on each hit to repair, pict 2 you can see the outside still looks pretty good and pict 3 you can see light shining thru all the repairs

BUT if i did nothing i think they would look like yours

Name:  gortex fix 1.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  gortex fix 2.jpeg
Views: 1906
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  gortex fix 3.jpeg
Views: 1820
Size:  50.5 KB

Sorry for thread high jack, but imo this is part of the info you need to make a good informed pants buying decision. Maybe arc has this in one or some of their pants....altho i have several pairs of their pants that i bought for r&d and they do not....

my pants design
    You can see no wear inside, most likely due to the durability of the fleece layer of the inside of the 3L laminate softshell fabric
    OR valhalla circa 2012-14 had similar construction to this system....but they dropped it along with the Valhalla pant...i own several
    pairs of OR pants of recent and none have the same system anymore....check some other brands...but the issue is that no online
    seller is most likely to give you the product shots you need to make a $300-500 buying decision...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	316539

Name:	z.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	316537

Name:	c.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	316538

close up of leg gaiter

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	316549

No inside wear or membrane degradation...therefore completely still waterproof down here

Name:	m.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	905.9 KB 
ID:	316552
    www.freeridesystems.com

A super light pair of Arcterxy gortex

Name:  gortex fix 1.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  76.5 KB
    if you guys are going to use "tricot" lined pants like this...you are going to get the wear...the only way around it would be if a brand used softshell with fleece like my pictured pants, from the knee down, which imo for touring would be wise since that is where you are submerging your leg most while breaking trail or boot packing....the rest of pant can stay tricot for weight and non insulating properties
    www.freeridesystems.com

Anyone have experience with how they've handled delam issues at the cuffs of ski pants? On my 3 year old Stinger bibs, the cuffs on both legs are completely shredded outside of where the reinforced area is. I'm pretty sure this has been caused by rubbing against my ski boot buckles, so could see how they could call it wear and tear, but it does seem like crazy amounts of wear.

I'm going to hold onto them until the end of the season before potentially sending them in, but basically want to get an idea of whether I should be in the market for new bibs and taking advantage of end of season
    Funny... Just sent my same 2016 Stinger bibs in last month with a inside cuff delam. ~150 days of use, proper length, some ski edge cuts but mother that would have caused the whole seam to pull apart. I skied them most of last season with a duct tape patch.

They’re giving me full replacement. I’ll get some new bibs next Sept when the winter inventory is fresh and full. No Mediums right now

thats ^^ my hill skiing pant it doesnt breathe so it doesnt go on tour, its a superlight minimalist full zip design I think for alpine climbing and it was > 70% off. I fix the hits which were all ski edge cuts done from the outside and so the pant still looks and works fine but if i did nothing I guaranty the cuffs would also look like poo, but I'm just showing whats possible if you fix your own fucking gear with aqua seal

Has the Arc'teryx warranty gone to shit?

Just curious if anyone’s tried sending them in for paid non-warranty repair and what the cost was? In my experience with Patagonia the repairs are excellent and price very reasonable as compared to what a 3rd party repair shop would charge, curious if it’s similar for Arcteryx. I mean if I were to get a $600 pair of pants that were torn up as a result of wear n tear fixed back up to near-new and pay $25, I’d be pretty psyched.

I was expecting and almost hoping they’d just repair mine. If it was Patagonia they’d just throw a nice stitch of black thread down the seam and send them back. Arc seems much more inclined to replace from my experience. My previous pants were 2007 Theta SK bibs with ~800 days. Zipper blew and I’d hoped they’d just replace it, but I ended up getting the Stingers instead. Much lower quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Just curious if anyone’s tried sending them in for paid non-warranty repair and what the cost was? In my experience with Patagonia the repairs are excellent and price very reasonable as compared to what a 3rd party repair shop would charge, curious if it’s similar for Arcteryx. I mean if I were to get a $600 pair of pants that were torn up as a result of wear n tear fixed back up to near-new and pay $25, I’d be pretty psyched
    It was a while ago, but I tore a shell while tree skiing, sent it in to Arc’teryx, and it came back beautifully repaired. I don’t remember the cost, but that might mean it was reasonable. It’s worth a try.

Posting up my Stingers from 2-3 years ago for documentation. Seems silly for them to do this after only 100-150 times out. After all they are ski pants and all ski boots have buckles.

Name:	IMG_3435.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	316637

Name:	IMG_3436.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	316638

Do those pants not have gaiters?

They do — I keep the gaiter around my booster strap to let me fiddle with the boots as the day goes on.

sent in some stingers that the face fabric was delaming from the goretex this year and they gave me a $500 credit towards whatever I wanted. Top notch support in my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    They do — I keep the gaiter around my booster strap to let me fiddle with the boots as the day goes on.

Soooo....that’s on you right? Also get power wraps and stop fiddling with your buckles.

Are you saying you put the power strap of the boot over the Gaiter ?

Are you saying you put the power strap of the boot over the Gaiter ?
    Nah, but I bet that would fuck up the gaiter.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Soooo....that’s on you right? Also get power wraps and stop fiddling with your buckles.
    Maybe.. maybe not. Last pair of Sabre pants I had the gaiter over the buckles and the gaiter got all fucked up.

Not saying I’m warrantying them — just posting up similar pictures.

I am going to send my wife's Alpha SV in to Arcteryx for warranty. What do you think will happen? During the summer, I sent in my 10y.o. Theta SV inArcteryx was not willing to send me a new jacket free, but they did give me 50% off on a new Alpha SV jacket. I am expecting the same here.

Name:	IMG_6301.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	730.2 KB 
ID:	320275

Name:	IMG_6302.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	320276

Name:	IMG_6300.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	320277
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

should get something, but that looks like wear and abrasions on a fold, duno what they will think about that ?

I just sent in a Beta shell that was left in GF's studio, it had a broken pocket zip, various loose taping and delaminations but it looked not bad so they gave her a 700$ credit so she thru in another 100$ for an even better shell ... she is impressed

My ski season is over so I sent in my ski pack for loose stitching on the hip belt which they are still in the process of fixing ... also happy with that

Just an FYI for anybody reading, when you slap a bunch of duct tape on a piece not only does it make a fucking mess it voids the warranty sez the guy at the shop I did the warranty thru, GF had taped up the powder cord & housing at the inside of the bottom hem of the shell which Arcterxy said normaly voided warranty but there was enough other shit that they overlooked the tape and gave a full credit
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-14-2020 at 03:16 PM.

^^^ F/U: Arcteryx offered 50% off any new product.

I'll take it!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Sent my beautiful Cardinal Red Beta AR a while ago due to some delamination at the bottom where the cinch elastic is . It's probably 10 years old, but in great shape. They said they could fix it, but it would be a while - would I mind to just chose a new one? No, wouldn't mind at all, thank you.

So after I choose the new one, I say - hey, could I have the old one back, as I've got pretty good with heat tape. Being Arcteryx, they said "sure", so I got the new one and repaired the old one myself.

Arcteryx has ALWAYS been a first class outfit in my dealings with them. As long as you're not trying to rip them off, they seem to go to the ends of the earth to make their customers happy.

Good to see a lot of positive stories here but I've been having a lot of trouble. I contacted Arc'teryx customer service in May about my 2016 Theta AR jacket but I still have no resolution. The front zip had stopped working with no discernable damage, so maybe just needed a replacement slider. To be fair I'm in Melbourne, Australia and we are still in severe lockdown so understand that repairs will take a while.

I sent my jacket to the Arc'teryx service centre in Melbourne and I am not getting any response as to whether they have even received it. No responses since 22 July. I can see from the tracking info that the package was delivered. They also said I could have a 30% discount voucher, which I thought was pretty generous, but that has not been forthcoming despite several emails.

12 emails deep and now without a jacket at all. On the bright side at least it's Spring now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    3 years later and the “beyond repair” hoody from the OP is still going strong, being worn 4 - 5 days a week in winter. Starting to look pretty worn but...
    7 years later and I still wear the “end of life” hoody most days in winter. Could probably do with replacement TBH…

Arcteryx didn’t want to fix my atom lt due to damage not covered by warranty, I was ready to pay for the repair but they are not taking any non warranty related repairs now, but patagonia still fixed my micropuff that my dog tried to destroy for free! So yeah, arcteryx not the same anymore!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk