Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I wouldn't think of trying to warranty something 16 years old. I don't think anyone else anywhere would do that.
    I kind of agree with you ^^ I have a 16 yr old Arcteryx beta and its just plain worn out cuz clothing does wear out

some products that have been the same forever maybe replaced but consider the same styles may not be around to be replaced after 16 yrs

I warrantied some Blundstone original 505's after 13 yrs and that was easy cuz they been making the same thing forever
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I just took in a 6-season old Stinger bib because the crotch zip self-destructed. I'm not sure how possible it'll be to repair so I'm wondering how it'll turn out. They're otherwise in fine shape.

I had an Atom LT zipper go last season and they replaced it [edit: it = the zipper] PDQ.
    Last edited by Bean; 01-24-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I wouldn't think of trying to warranty something 16 years old. I don't think anyone else anywhere would do that.
    Lifetime warranty. Patagonia, OR, and even North Face still honor the tags that say lifetime warranty. regardless of age, I take care of my gear, this piece isn't worn out by any means, it just needed about 6" of seam tape.

I thought part of the bomber precise construction and ridiculous purchase price was part of the package. yes I was hoping they would replace the jacket, I at least wanted it fixed, it has two areas where the seam tape is delaminating, I would of thought that would be easier the a panel replacement I saw a page or two back.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

i fix dry suits as a sometime gig, a run of some of the NRS stuff had really bad tape delam problems which
    we were fixing them by painting the seams with plasti-dip / aqua seal but one suit had such extensive delam that I told the guy I was working for I thot it was too fucked up/extensive to deal with and i left it with him for a decision

a week later I seen him around and buddy said they fixed it by ironing the tape back on

I fixed the heat sealed pocket seams on my Arcterxy Beta with AQS that had let go, they seperated after 10 + years and its easier/cheaper for me to fix them than send in
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Arcteryx treated me right this summer. Sent in a pro shell jacket I’ve had for 15 years or so. Both powder belt and seam around bottom coming undone. They not not only fixed those problems but resealed the entire jacket under warranty. Very happy with outcome

I have had 3 different warranties over the last 3 years and all of them have been handled great. It sometimes takes a bit for them to receive and assess the item, but all have been full replacement once the assessment has been made.
    3 in 3 years is not as bad as it seems. I own over 20 items and usually wear them for straight 60-80 day periods.

I bought one shell from them in 1997. Wore that thing out, cleaned it, and sent it back for "repair". They gave me a new one. Wore that one out, cleaned it, and sent it back. They gave me a new one. Working on my third one. Not bad for an over 20 year investment.

Would not buy one today, but I'm definitely milking it.

Reminds me that I have a RA# on my bigger touring pack that I need to get into the mail to them. Zippers completely blew out. We'll see how they do.

Well I’m pretty annoyed. I bought some Sabre pants about 2 months ago and the crotch already blew out. Only solution they’ll give me is to send my pants in with a 2 month return estimate right in the middle of ski season.

Has the Arc'teryx warranty gone to shit?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    Well I’m pretty annoyed. I bought some Sabre pants about 2 months ago and the crotch already blew out. Only solution they’ll give me is to send my pants in with a 2 month return estimate right in the middle of ski season.
    I hear ya. Regarding repair, it’s middle of season for them too. Had 6 week estimate last spring from them, got it in 4. Chances are they over estimate a bit to set longer expectations and save themselves from a bunch of knobs contacting them over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I hear ya. Regarding repair, it’s middle of season for them too. Had 6 week estimate last spring from them, got it in 4. Chances are they over estimate a bit to set longer expectations and save themselves from a bunch of knobs contacting them over it.

be that as it may, it’s a lot of GD money to spend on a pair of pants that lasts less than 2 months and then have to send them off for two months.

Sent in a Tantalus shell that needed a warranty zipper replacement. I bought it used on here for cheap and put a lot of days and abuse in this jacket.

Got an email saying “We’ve just assessed your Tantalus jacket here at the Arc’teryx Product Service Centre and we can see the issue with the zipper. We also see some seam tape delaminating, a tear in the arm, and some glue aging faster than it should.” ... “We would like to offer you a full replacement”.

So, I get a new Sabre LT after paying $100 approx. and putting 100+ days into the old shell. Win!

This past spring I had a ~12 year old Theta AR jacket holding up strong, until a pit zip came unglued on one side of the zipper. Emailed Arc'teryx with a photo and asked if they could repair/re-glue the zipper. They wanted me to mail it in and and would let me know if it's possible to fix.

Well, I knew it was fixable, but I wanted them to do the repair cause they know what they're doing, and they can re-DWR the jacket while it's there. A couple of weeks later they email, say it can be fixed (duh), but it will take a month, or longer, to do the work and get it back to me. OR, I can have the current equivalent of my old jacket, a $650 value. And btw, I can wait until the new colors for next season come out if I don't like the current colors.

Excellent customer service if you ask me.

Seems like everybody gets that ^^^ treatment for their Theta jacket except me. Said the bubbling under the seams was cosmetic and fixed the hood delam. Sent it back to me.

Now the fuzzy black material around the tag is delamming. May send it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Seems like everybody gets that ^^^ treatment for their Theta jacket except me. Said the bubbling under the seams was cosmetic and fixed the hood delam. Sent it back to me.

Now the fuzzy black material around the tag is delamming. May send it again.
    I had Arcteryx fix a delam issue with the hood a 5 years ago on my hard shell. I had another delam issue one year ago and I wanted Arcteryx to fix it so I could use that jacket for a few more seasons. The jacket at that point was 10 years old and had well over 200 days on it. Arcteryx offered me a new jacket credit of $650 because my jacket was falling apart (it was).

Hope all gets resolved. I would send it back to Arcteryx to get it fixed either way but my guess is that if your jacket is still pretty new they won’t offer you a replacement. That’s been my experience.

Not new. OG Theta AR in the Sangria color.

Buddy had the the same jacket replaced. Guess I just got the grumpy warranty staffer.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Buddy had the the same jacket replaced. Guess I just got the grumpy warranty staffer.

That sucks. Hopefully they will fix all the issues and it sucks that you have to deal with the hassle. Who knows maybe you will get a new jacket the next time.

I got a grumpy warranty staffer that told me my Sidewinder was too old for them to do anything. I asked "is there anything else we can do" and they responded with an offer to replace it for $120 (which I jumped on!).

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

We might have (had) the same jacket, mine was the sangria color also. Great jacket, and I had an extremely nice customer service rep helping me out.

This seems legit bump

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191113-160510_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	302210
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    This seems legit bump

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191113-160510_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	302210
    Totally - just purchase a few they only wanted my social security number, 2 credit cards, and my bank account number.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$37
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Update **

Just got a tracking number seems Le-Jit.

Buy now!

Has the Arc'teryx warranty gone to shit?

Will someone get me one ^^
    I don’t have a credit card. When it shows I’ll kick you $60 over 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    if it shows
    FIFY

But love the confidence.

I'll only buy those if they come with powder skirts... Also in for $37