Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I was pretty disappointed to receive my pants back with no repair offered. The glue holding the gaiters on was failing. I was offered 50% off a new pair but the pants were in great shape apart from the gaiters. Seemed a waste to chuck them

I duct taped them and now they are back in action

Sent my jacket in after becoming a shish kabob by dropping ON to a tree and the tree coming out of the jacket near the right chest pocket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	196748

After sending it in, I received the following email: "This e-mail is in reference to the Stinger jacket we have from you here with the rip in the front. In terms of these rips, it is a wear and tear issue, which is not something we cover under warranty. The rips are missing fabric, so it is not something we are able to patch. In cases like this what we usually do is offer to re-panel the ripped area, to switch out the fabric with brand new fabric, however, it is not an option with this specific jacket and how much damage there is.

What I would like to do is offer to replace this for you at the cost of what it would have taken to re-panel this jacket. the cost would be $140, so for that price we will get you into a brand new jacket."

The exceptional customer service I received was above and beyond what I had expected.

Can't speak to Arc'Teryx, but I have an Osprey pack I got in 2009. I've beat it to shit since then, taken it all over the world, etc. Had a couple of holes show up but I patched those with some sweetass sailcloth, but last year the zipper seam started coming apart. Sent it back to them with a letter asking them to fix the zipper but pretty please leave my patches alone. Came back 2 weeks later with a brand new zipper. only cost was $12 for the original shipping to their factory.

I'll be an Osprey customer for life.

So the outcome of this was that Arc'Teryx repaired the jacket. Eventually. I got nowhere with the Euro customer service and had to make multiple contacts with Canada to get anywhere.

A bunch of reasons for the problems became clear: the repair centre is outsourced to a company in Switzerland; the customer service is outsourced to a different company in (I think) Spain; and the people at the customer service company didn't seem to have a good understanding of what Arc'teryx's warranty is meant to cover. All pretty ironic, given that Arc'terys is European-owned these days.

The Canadian rep told me the reason for the refusal to warranty was something completely different to what the Euro people had said. She's obviously never seen the garment but took their word for its condition; she said the general condition of the garment indicated that the zipper had failed due to overall wear and tear. Whoever told her the jacket was worn out had been smoking crack - when I got it back I looked at it and was amazed they could have tried to pull that shit. Anyway, she agreed to get it repaired, so all good.

Moral of the story: do your warrantying in North America; and come to the maggots for help when it all goes wrong. Thanks.

My experience w/ Arcteryx: I have a pair of Theta bibs that are maybe 8 years old. The glue holding the gaiters failed on one leg and there were some cuts in the patches of material that protects the inside of the legs from ski cuts. Sent to Vancouver BC at the end of last season and received them back in about 4 weeks in like new condition, no charge. Seems fair to me as I wasn't expecting them to replace the cut patches.

Best bibs I have ever owned too.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post
    So the outcome of this was that Arc'Teryx repaired the jacket.
    Glad to hear it.

Just heard back about some pants I sent in, probably about 4 years old. They were pretty beat to hell with a couple big rips. They also had a small delam that wasn't a result of me being clumsy with an ice axe or crampons. They are offering replacement with new pants. I'm not sure I deserve them, but I'm not complaining.

S
    the customer service is outsourced to a different company in (I think) Spain..
    Sounds like they were acting like they were spending their own money, from spending a month in spain I gotta wonder if maybe that^^ was your problem ?

Sure its owned by euro's but the head office is in North Vancover, the warranty dept has a desk there in the clearance center
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've had nothing but great service from the NA Arc'teryx warranty dept. They have fixed zippers, holes, delams, and sent me some patches and replacement straps for free. The start of this thread had me worried, but the later replies have mirrored my experience and I will continue to buy.

Despite the excellent warranty service from Patagonia and OR, they just don't fit my frame well. Arc'teryx is almost universally a great fit.

Nevre had a problem with Patagonia. Always honour their warranty, no questions asked.

Thinking about this thread today. Lots of people saying they've had good warranty experiences with Arc'teryx. Maybe the OP just ran into some ramrod of a customer service rep? Funny how so much stuff in life comes down to who you happen to talk to on the other end of the phone or across the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Nevre had a problem with Patagonia. Always honour their warranty, no questions asked.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Maybe the OP just ran into some ramrod of a customer service rep.
    I dealt with the most senior person dealing with Arc'teryx warranty in Europe. The problem wasn't that she was a ramrod especially, more that a corporate decision - outsource European customer service to a company that doesn't seem fully appraised of the Arc'teryx warranty policy, and which doesn't have good enough communication with the separate outsourced company assessing the defects - led to a shoddy experience.

A company passes responsibility for maintaining its standards to people who don't get it and things go to shit. Who'd have thunk it?
    Last edited by Mulletizer; 01-14-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Yeah, it's the people, for sure, and the people at the top. One wonders if that Patagonia "lifetime" warranty will be worth much once Chouinard passes from this world. Look what's happening at Apple. Not their warranty, I mean, just the quality of product and innovation.

"You could have it for a week and it could rip, we don't cover that"

My Zeta AR just ripped, after about a year of ownership... it's still almost brand new! I contacted Arcteryx and they said they'd fix it, but that they would charge me for the repair, and that it would take a while. I called and got very short, unhelpful answers from their warranty department, which ultimately ended in "you could have it for a week and it could rip, we don't cover that". I was surprised by this - I was under the impression that with the company's reputation, or even the prices of these jackets, that they would stand behind them if the product didn't live up. I thought Arcteryx would stand behind their products... and their customers... more than this.

At this point I should have just bought a torrentshell - Either Patagonia would fix it or I'd only be out 1/5 the cost. Patagonia or OR will have my support from now on.

It "just ripped" how did it just rip, did the seams let go or was the workmanship bad?

From what you write it sounds like you fucked up an almost brand new Zeta AR by ripping it ?

It would be nice if they did but I don't see why it should be covered either

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Skosh View Post
    Can't speak to Arc'Teryx, but I have an Osprey pack I got in 2009. I've beat it to shit since then, taken it all over the world, etc. Had a couple of holes show up but I patched those with some sweetass sailcloth, but last year the zipper seam started coming apart. Sent it back to them with a letter asking them to fix the zipper but pretty please leave my patches alone. Came back 2 weeks later with a brand new zipper. only cost was $12 for the original shipping to their factory.

I'll be an Osprey customer for life.
    Osprey's All Mighty Guarantee

Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If we are unable to perform a functional repair on your pack, we will happily replace it. We proudly stand behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by htrow9 View Post
    My Zeta AR just ripped, after about a year of ownership...
    got any photos to share? Also how did it happen? Seem fail and rip? Caught on tree?

Happy to help get you pointed in the right direction. Arc is a solid brand

Mrs C sent back her Fission AR jacket, which had the welded seam fail at one of the hand pockets. It was about 8 years old, but in good shape otherwise.

Arcteryx responded today and stated that although the jacket was at the end of its life, they were going to replace it with a Fission SV (the AR is no longer made), and told her to pick a size and color. Sounds like a great deal to me!

She's going to need to go find a store with a Fission SV in Stock and try it on...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by htrow9 View Post
    My Zeta AR just ripped, after about a year of ownership...
    1 post Jong stabs a knife through his zeta and demands arc to fix it.

SMH

What I had a hard time with on arcteryx was the gore weight thickness. It was always thin and just seemed like it would tear the first time I threw skis on shoulder. The norrona and westcomb gear I have looks the same as the day I bought it like 5 years ago. No tears
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

So the outcome of this was that Arc'Teryx repaired the jacket. Eventually. I got nowhere with the Euro customer service and had to make multiple contacts with Canada to get anywhere.

A bunch of reasons for the problems became clear: the repair centre is outsourced to a company in Switzerland; the customer service is outsourced to a different company in (I think) Spain; and the people at the customer service company didn't seem to have a good understanding of what Arc'teryx's warranty is meant to cover. All pretty ironic, given that Arc'terys is European-owned these days.

The Canadian rep told me the reason for the refusal to warranty was something completely different to what the Euro people had said. She's obviously never seen the garment but took their word for its condition; she said the general condition of the garment indicated that the zipper had failed due to overall wear and tear. Whoever told her the jacket was worn out had been smoking crack - when I got it back I looked at it and was amazed they could have tried to pull that shit. Anyway, she agreed to get it repaired, so all good.

Moral of the story: do your warrantying in North America; and come to the maggots for help when it all goes wrong. Thanks.

Interesting, and this is one of the reasons I like to buy locally. As I live in Norway, I like to buy norwegian garments (Norrøna, Sweet Protection, Bergans etc) then I can just walk into one of their repair centers with it. Heck, I will even know people working for those companies. Skiing community isn't that big. If I lived in the states, I'd probably buy Patagonia for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What I had a hard time with on arcteryx was the gore weight thickness. It was always thin and just seemed like it would tear the first time I threw skis on shoulder. The norrona and westcomb gear I have looks the same as the day I bought it like 5 years ago. No tears
    Maybe it's thin because you bought the model with the lighter weight gortex so the piece would weigh less ... you would have paid extra for this

^^it was theta bib I think. STD gore and only one at that time I think. It was like $500 retail. But paper thin.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Once again we just had good success with my wife jacket. The welded seem at the bottom let loose in the dryer. It came out tangled in the cinch string at the bottom. Full warranty replacement. In Canada.
    Last edited by crashidy; 04-29-2017 at 09:24 AM.