Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    So this is customer service in Europe? Or North America?

+1 on Arc'teryx warranty. Had a Hercules Hoody delaminate, and they replaced it (2013). Though it was "hand delivered" to their facility in Vancouver.

Yurp vs North AmericaI ... yeah I wondered about that also ?

I took my stuff into the headquarters in Vangroovy, but i have also sent it in a shell that I didn't even buy at the local dealer with his warranty claim returns to get the zipper replaced, so far 100% and I haven't even had to pay any shipping
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

About a year ago I sent in an old (8 years?) jacket because the seam tape failed at the hem. Arc'teryx repaired the hem and a few other spots, then refreshed the DWR. Very happy with my warranty experience.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    It's actually hard to know: the emails from them have the Vancouver address in the signature but the local store I took the garment to said it would be sent to Switzerland.

I'm having a hard time believing the Arc'teryx themselves would give such poor after sales care so I'm starting to wonder if it is a 3rd party company who deals with their warranties. It certainly still feels like they are using a warranty request as an opportunity for revenue generation, instead of customer service.

They've now explicitly confirmed the garment shows too much evidence of wear for them to warranty. But that totally contradicts the policy published on their website which states they'll repair manufacturing/materials defects right up until the garment is beyond repair. And it's totally bogus - the garment really isn't trashed at all and I'd expect to wear it for years to come were it not for this zipper failing.

Based on their last email to me, to Arc'Teryx "lifetime" seems to means "for as long as the item looks pretty much new". What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletizer View Post

Based on their last email to me, to Arc'Teryx "lifetime" seems to means "for as long as the item looks pretty much new". What a joke.
    not that you did cuz its a disagreement between you & Arcterxy on a value judgement by Arcterxy which everyone posting here seems to think make the right decisions but there is a difference between wearing something out and fucking it up cuz IME you can give an object to one person and it will look fine after 5 years give it to someone else and it will look like shit in 5 months

I used to buy my sons the same things cuz they were only 13months apart in age, roller blades for the younger kid looked brand new after 3 years the wheels were not even broken in, but the older kid had worn the wheels the bearings were all worn and wobbly the skate looked like shit and he had cut the brakes off with a wood saw

XXX-er - agreed, there are lots of different ways gear can get treated, and lots of ways to interpret the condition of the gear. I guess that's why they have a clear definition of what they will/will not repair. The problem here is that they are not working to their definition.

FWIW There's some gear (Arc'teryx and other brands) that I've worn out, and I really don't have a problem with replacing. But if they claim a lifetime (of the garment) warranty, then they really should stand behind it.

They just agreed to repair my bibs, although somewhat reluctantly. Email stated they were beyond repair / garmet lifetime but they agreed to the repair on the phone free of charge. They did give me the option to buy new at 50% off.

Maybe try emailing Arcteryx NA to confirm the lack of warranty support? Last year my buddy took a 7-10 year old Theta AR jacket that had the vinyl on zippers delaminating and they gave him a brand new jacket. So I'd say your experience is inconsistent with his, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Maybe try emailing Arcteryx NA to confirm the lack of warranty support? Last year my buddy took a 7-10 year old Theta AR jacket that had the vinyl on zippers delaminating and they gave him a brand new jacket. So I'd say your experience is inconsistent with his, fwiw.
    I had that happen with an Arc'teryx goretex jacket and I binned it. I thought there was no way they'd warranty it!

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Maybe try emailing Arcteryx NA to confirm the lack of warranty support?
    I'd love to do this but there are no email addresses on their website - and the enquiry forms all redirect to a UK-specific one. I posted to their twitter asking if they could give me contact details - nothing so far. Does anyone have any contact details they can share?

Arc'teryx used to be my go-to gear but my last experience with their customer service five or so years ago was poor enough I've not purchased anything since. As noted earlier, Patagonia and Outdoor Research have been great.

From inquiries I have made here in BC, their email address is arcteryx.service@arcteryx.com

Phone #'s

+1.604.960.3139

Since they seem to care about their online presence, and link to this thread might be appropriate.

The "lifetime" guarantee, which is actually the expected lifetime of the garment. Is pretty bogus unless they start stating what that expected lifetime is. Otherwise it is totally up to them, and an excuse to pull the shit they are pulling.

Even if the jacket is well worn, they should just fix the damn thing and tell you it is beyond warranty to replace, but they will fix it and let you wear it as long as you want. That was what I was hoping for when my Patagonia seam tape delamed, I just wanted them to glue some tape on, or give it back and I would have used seam sealer, but they warrantied it with a newer much better jacket, so I didn't complain.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Thanks, I've fired off an email.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The "lifetime" guarantee, which is actually the expected lifetime of the garment. Is pretty bogus unless they start stating what that expected lifetime is. Otherwise it is totally up to them, and an excuse to pull the shit they are pulling.
    To be fair, they do say what they consider the end-of-life (for warranty purposes) of the garment to be: when it is beyond reasonable repair. And they acknowledge that the expected life-time (in month or years) of a garment varies hugely depending on how it is used.

My issue is that the item I returned is no where near meeting that definition, and they aren't applying their own rules. And they contradict themselves by offering to repair for a fee; how can it be beyond reasonable repair if they're perfectly willing to do it for money?

http://www.arcteryx.com

http://www.arcteryx.com/warranty.asp...ca&language=en

"""What does 'practical Lifetime of the product' mean?

We build our products to last over extended periods of use, but nothing lasts indefinitely. Materials will deteriorate and fade over time and moving parts will wear out. We will cover your product under our warranty policy until such a time that we have deemed the product to be worn out beyond reasonable repair. If the product is showing the signs of its age—for instance, the material has become thin or faded, there are rips and tears, the zippers no longer catch, the cuffs are fraying, or the soles are worn—we will take this into consideration when assessing your product for a warranty request. All gear will suffer from differing degrees of wear-and-tear, depending upon the user. Equipment used by an outdoor guide for 150 days a year will by comparison, degrade faster than gear used by a weekend skier. By taking care of your equipment you will ensure a longer lifetime for your gear. We recommend that you visit our Product Care page for more information on how to wash and care for your equipment. Use your judgment when assessing whether your product is likely to be covered under our warranty policy. It may simply be time to replace your product, and we hope that Arc'teryx will have the opportunity to provide you with superior quality products and service in the future."""

a cut n paste ^^ of what they deem worn out vs product failure

I got a 15yr old beta shell with frayed delamed cuffs, seams fixed with AQS, holes covered with a jackrabbit patch (which I didn't earn) and the Canadian flag, while they did fix the zipper awhile back but I wouldn't send it in again ...time to buy a new one

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Here's my experience with ArcTeryx. I had a zipper delam from the GoreTex, they gave me the run around on it. I posted something to the effect like the OP has done. ArcTeryx replaced jacket. Great.

A few years later I get a message from TGR forum manager asking me to remove my posting about ArcTeryx. Apparently ArcTeryx watches this message board and told the forum manager to ask me to remove my posting about ArcTeryx's lack of warranty service. Stating that is was a done deal (jacket warranty) and it would be bad for ArcTeryx's marketing.

I obliged and removed my thread.

I didn't know they were that petty. Let's just say I haven't bought another ArcTeryx jacket since.
    Out of curiosity, why did you remove the thread rather than posting that the issue was resolved? Regardless, I hope this thread sticks around. It's good to know how a company treats its customers.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Out of curiosity, why did you remove the thread rather than posting that the issue was resolved? Regardless, I hope this thread sticks around. It's good to know how a company treats its customers.
    The thread in which I brought up the ArcTeryx warranty issue with the collective got buried and frankly I'd completely forgotten about posting it. Todd J. asked me to remove it and I obliged. From what I remember I did post that the issue was resolved in the thread, but then it got buried in the forum. Somehow a google search for "ArcTeryx warranty" put that thread near the top. Hope you are listening ArcTeryx, I know someone from your company is. I don't know if there's a way to go back and look for my thread somehow on the forum even though it's deleted, waybackmachine?

I've returned a Fission due to delam pockets, Bedta gloves because the thumb hole closed up (no joke - no one could get it back), a Beta AR with a delam and other items, and have never had anything but first class, impeccable support.

In the case of the gloves, I mentioned that I didn't really care for them as they were not very warm, and they stated that they weren't really resort gloves, so please, take anything you want from the catalog.

Hey, YMMV, but I have had nothing but absolutely first class experience with the fossil stuff.

totally satisfied with Arc'teryx customer service and warranty,mis season last year the zipper on my 9 year old sidewinder jacket gave way,with about 100 day average per season i didn't expect anything but to pay for the repair as the jacket was still in great shape and still keeping me dry for the most part.they credited me with a 499.00 credit.towards anything on their site. at the end of the season my 9 year old theta bibs had some delamination and the snow gaiter fell off ,once again i sent them back to get another full credit on their site.i do take care of my gear and find that Arc'teryx keeps me dry when many of coworkers are getting wet in comparable costing gear.

this seems to be the issue here, I got great service from arc dealing with CS in Canada/US

I had great service on a warranty last year. Sent my shell in fot a rip repair. They informed me that they could fix the rip but the lower part of the jacket failed their water repellent test. Gave me credit and choice of a new jacket. I'll buy arcteryx over any brand any day.
    This is typical of the warranty service I have received from them. Always generous and beyond expectation. Most recently they replaced the straps on a ~15 year old pack, no questions asked.

Sort of sounds like it might be a NA vs. Europe issue?

I am also a big fan of OR and their design, but can't get behind Patagonia despite their apparently good policies and ethics. They might have great CS, but I found their gear was always falling apart and needed way too frequent repair etc. Perhaps they have improved over the last few years?

I never had a problem with patagonia gear falling apart (aside from an 28 year seam tape failure ). They did have a bad run with their welded seam jackets from what I heard.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I had a welded seam soft shell from Pattigucci that I really liked unweld, a big hole between collar and back big enough to stick my head thru but no problem getting warranty at MEC they had a good laugh actualy

I got some Patagucci soft shell pants, the design of product at 1st glance is great but in use its just pretty good not great, but both pairs of Arcterxy were/are great so mostly I wear the Arcterxy so the Patagucci will last forever