Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

192 bro replacement

What ski replaces the venerable big bro? Mine are 5+ years old and have a few hundred days lift served and 40-50 skinning. I never clicked into a pair of skis that I clicked with like these. Blizzard Bodacious are pretty similar numbers wise plus 3.5mm underfoot, but I'm worried that the no metal version just won't have it.

What say the mags? What's the new uberbro?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Praxis RX.

No

Maybe a wrenegade 108. I need to demo.

Other skis to consider (Big Mountain directional pow skis)
    Lotus 120
    Volkl Confession
    K2 Pinnacle 118
    Salomon QST 118
    Kastle BMX 115

More like the Bro Fat (tapered tip): Cham 117.

Maybe think about a demo day or something. If you were okay with narrower it opens up a lot more skis that have a similar shape - IE Cochise, Dynastar LP105, Cham 107, etc.

I doubt you'll find a ski that feels similar to the PM Gear layup but might find something that feels similar in shape/turn radius, etc.

192 bro replacement

I've got LP105s I really like them. Mellow easy to turn but can still charge.

I don't think the Cham series would work for me. I don't get along with a pintail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I don't think the Cham series would work for me. I don't get along with a pintail.
    You can try mine sometime, I'll bring a few pairs to BBI. They're not for everybody but I like them because they allow you to ski fast but never feel planky and are still fun in tight places. A lot closer to the Lhasa in shape though.

And I'm sure bobby has some RX for you to try.

I had Lhasa fats but I didn't love the pintail. If the Vulcans had existed the 192s would have stayed my touring sticks

One of the Volkls?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Soul 7
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Soul 7
    Star7 with custom top sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    One of the Volkls?
    193 Confession might fit the bill, though a little shorter radius?

No
    They're pretty damn similar.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    They're pretty damn similar.
    Really? I guess I don't know anything about them. I just figured that was a stock response. I've equated them with Dps rc112 because Bobby likes them both.

Really? I guess I don't know anything about them. I just figured that was a stock response. I've equated them with Dps rc112 because Bobby likes them both.
    Yeah, it actually is a good suggestion. Pretty traditional shape, long sidecut radius, minimal rocker...

Folsom has a bunch of shapes with a long turn radius too in 190+. Giver, Penitentiary, Johnny C.

Ha ha, this might be the one time "Praxis RX" ISN'T a stock response. I would not associate them at all with the DPS 112s. They're pretty straight, minimal taper, rocker is shallow, plenty of camber, heft, and running length. They were too much ski for me and I sold mine (to Bobby). I felt like they skied way bigger than their specs would suggest, i.e., a real Big Boy Ride, which would seem to fit the bill.

I'd second the Govs; a have a big chargy friend who is suitably impressed by his. I also have a buddy who loves his Moment Garbones, which is long gone, but came back last year as the M1. That's a little smaller at 105, though, and I don't see it on their site anymore. It was a Special Reserve model last year.
    Last edited by Wawawa; 12-28-2016 at 04:42 PM.

RX: 141-116-128 32m
    BRO: 143-114-132 35m
    Effective edge is within a few mm.
    Rocker profiles are real close as well.

Shows you how much I know.

Maybe something in this thread if you're on a budget http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...quest-max-120s

I didn't love my 194 XXLs. They were alright but not magical like the big bros

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    RX: 141-116-128 32m
    BRO: 143-114-132 35m
    This doesn't add up....the "32m" has a little less sidecut than the "35m"???

not that it matters in this context....just noticing a discrepancy.

Also, I have a pair of blank topsheet blems from way back. They're in decent shape but have been mounted a bunch. Stuck in the flatlands now....they've become wall skis...hanging there taunting me, reminding me of this shithole and it's laughable skiing. Anyway, I would trade for a decent pair of 165cm race SL.

192 bro replacement

The bro doesn't have taper. Blank topsheet what?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This doesn't add up....the "32m" has a little less sidecut than the "35m"???

not that it matters in this context....just noticing a discrepancy.

Also, I have a pair of blank topsheet blems from way back. They're in decent shape but have been mounted a bunch. Stuck in the flatlands now....they've become wall skis...hanging there taunting me, reminding me of this shithole and it's laughable skiing. Anyway, I would trade for a decent pair of 165cm race SL.
    RX is shorter.

Blank topsheet what?
    192 bro