Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Carrie Fisher RIP Princess Leia

Carrie Fisher has passed away today. She of course did more than the Star Wars movies and was the daughter of famous parents. But looks like she succumbed to her heart attack that hospitalized her as reported last week.

No Star Wars fan, so, this was the last time I saw her on screen.

Who going to be the third in the holiday celebrity death trifecta? George Michael, Carre Fischer, .............hmmmmmmm............. Some old rocker, maybe. Lord knows there's plenty of them knockin on heavens door. (Hint)

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Holiday season is always stressful. Glad I avoid it all. She was never very healthy:

Researchers have some sobering news during this festive season: Americans are more likely to die on Christmas Day, the day after Christmas, and on New Year's Day than on any other day of the year.

In a comprehensive study of 53 million U.S. death certificates spanning the years 1973-2001, researchers discovered significant spikes in both cardiac and non-cardiac deaths during the holidays.

She was on Terry Gross recently and she sounded way older than 60. RIP. She tried to keep it real.

November 28
    http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/archive

This is what happens when you go with a hippie to a second location.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Good lord she was amazing in that slave bikini in whichever star wars that was, major bummer!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

All these celebs this week had their hearts give out on them. Moral of the story: don't do drugs.

Wasn't that your attitude about drugs before you read the story? So really, you're just stating your premises rather than any sort of conclusions, amirite?

Now you tell me.

Sad news indeed. I was looking forward to seeing her in Vlll, this will change that. RIP Carrie, life was not easy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    She's one of my favorites in that movie. First trying to blow up Jake and Elwood in the "hotel" and then trying to gun them down in the sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Wasn't that your attitude about drugs before you read the story? So really, you're just stating your premises rather than any sort of conclusions, amirite?
    No, you're not "rite". I am saying don't do drugs. Your heart will eventually give out on you..... Oh yeah, and cause mental illness as in the case of these celebs (over %90 of mental illness is caused by environment like drugs NOT genes).

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyLilKitten View Post
    No, you're not "rite". I am saying don't do drugs. Your heart will eventually give out on you..... Oh yeah, and cause mental illness as in the case of these celebs (over %90 of mental illness is caused by environment like drugs NOT genes).
    PARIS — Albert Hofmann, the mystical Swiss chemist who gave the world LSD, the most powerful psychotropic substance known, died Tuesday at his hilltop home near Basel, Switzerland. He was 102.

The cause was a heart attack, said Rick Doblin, founder and president of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, a California-based group that in 2005 republished Dr. Hofmann’s 1979 book “LSD: My Problem Child.”

Dr. Hofmann first synthesized the compound lysergic acid diethylamide in 1938 but did not discover its psychopharmacological effects until five years later, when he accidentally ingested the substance that became known to the 1960s counterculture as acid.

He then took LSD hundreds of times, but regarded it as a powerful and potentially dangerous psychotropic drug that demanded respect. More important to him than the pleasures of the psychedelic experience was the drug’s value as a revelatory aid for contemplating and understanding what he saw as humanity’s oneness with nature. That perception, of union, which came to Dr. Hofmann as almost a religious epiphany while still a child, directed much of his personal and professional life.

Because. I don't blame Harrison Ford one iota for getting with a 19 year old. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Who going to be the third in the holiday celebrity death trifecta? George Michael, Carre Fischer, .............hmmmmmmm............. Some old rocker, maybe. Lord knows there's plenty of them knockin on heavens door. (Hint)
    Please let it be the Nuge.

Sticky buns on head look was. sooooooooooo hot.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyLilKitten View Post
    All these celebs this week had their hearts give out on them. Moral of the story: don't do drugs.
    Yeah, brilliant. That explains Keith above, and, like, a hundred rock stars still walking the earth and, fuck, even performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That would make me happy, especially by accidental gunshot.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    FTW so far
    watch out for snakes

Whose next?

Nuther round of celebrity death withdrawal.

I like how every body needs to blame something so they blame year of 2016 as if the concept of time and a number given to are going around murdering their favorite people.

That they live vicariously by celebrity instead of living for themselves is in itself sad.

She did have a hot body there for a while.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Now you tell me.
    The ball loss should have been a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The ball loss should have been a clue.
    I'm left-ball dominate though. So it wasn't missed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    http://nationalreport.net/rockeracti...alive-aged-66/