Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

my life is finally complete.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah, as I recall 25mm of adjustment, quite a bit.

25mm is the number I recall as well. A test mount for say, 294mm ought to easily get you 287 to 300. I never trust jigs/templates to put me in the middle of the bindings adjustment range, and hence, the test mount comment.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

hmm, I must have messed up the measuring. Not the first time.....
    Gravity always wins...

I did too - on the conservative side. The first time I measured, I got 22mm adj. range.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Is the Powderguide Vipec template still the go-to for this binding?

I used the Tecton template available at Wildsnow....worked perfectly. Not familiar with the Powderguide template.

Anyone want to trade some brakes? I’ve got 120’s, need the next size down.
    Cheers

Gravity always wins...

Brakes

Riff, I should have a pair of 110 vipec brakes I would love to trade for 120 assuming they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff And Or View Post
    Riff, I should have a pair of 110 vipec brakes I would love to trade for 120 assuming they are the same.
    they are the same
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Griff, looks like I can’t send you a pm, maybe try me?

Gravity always wins...

Brakes

Riff, I think my account is too new or something. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    More questions....
    I'm gazing at a fresh pair of Tectons waiting for a rainy day to be mounted(pics later) and I'm noticing that there's not much BSL adjustment. Maybe less than a centimeter. I was hoping to go all the way from 287 to just over 300, but I'm not sure it's possible if I respect the "Stop" marks on the heel track. Thoughts? I wrote BD about it and will post anything interesting that results.
    Just saw this. I used the demo plate for my toes only to avoid hole conflict. It also made it super ez to use two boots and keep the boot center in the same spot on the ski. One boot was 284mm(Vulcan) and the other was my 295mm lupo c ti. I didn’t ski the binding much without the plate but with limited comparative time on both I think I preferred the delta with the toe elevated with the demo plate as well. I suspect somewhere in between flat without the demo plate and with the demo plate would be perfect

These
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	836A49A6-FA02-4D3A-9F3F-2CE6912F15C8.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	622.2 KB 
ID:	251525

I just used the toe plates(on the left of the pic)

I’ve decided to go ahead with the regular heel plates, but disregard the stop marking and just make sure the track on the heel is fully engaged with the track on the plate. The stop marks don’t make any sense to me.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’ve decided to go ahead with the regular heel plates, but disregard the stop marking and just make sure the track on the heel is fully engaged with the track on the plate. The stop marks don’t make any sense to me.

Ah yes. Was wondering about that stop mark as well. The demo heel tracks are the same just longer but they may have different hole pattern. I liked my demo toe plates because it kept my boots at the same boot center on the ski. Super quick to adjust for the 11mm difference. Moved the toe 2x5mm markings on the demo track and then one turn of the heel piece for the other 1 mm. Boot center was in a little different place on each boot(I guess the Vulcan boot center was a little more forward with the inserts being more forward) so the boot centres of both boots ended up bang on my praxis concepts at -1. Literally took 30 seconds to swap boots

Does anyone know if the whole brake assembly needs to be swapped to go from 110 to 120 or if it's just the metal arms that would need to be swapped out?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-20181023_121958.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	252213

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

IIRC it's just the metal bits in your above pic.

Just the arms
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

I've got a couple pairs of too-big brakes for my vipec and tecton I'd be happy to swap with someone for. Both are 120mm and I'm looking for a 110 and 100.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Can anyone comment on the sizing for the ski crampons for these? 95 is in stock, 100 is out, and wondering if the 95 would work with a Wailer 99.

I have some of the 90 width crampons so I'll measure those when I get home and see how far off they are from 90 and hopefully it can be extrapolated from that.

Also might be worth giving Cripple Creek BC or SkimoCo a call and ask if they can measure.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I've got a couple pairs of too-big brakes for my vipec and tecton I'd be happy to swap with someone for. Both are 120mm and I'm looking for a 110 and 100.
    I might be keen for this. Ordering soon and 120 is out of stock on the full binding and needs to be ordered as a separate part which seems a bit absurd.

I'm still looking too. I've got a pair each of 110's and 120's, and I'd be happy to trade either of them for 100's. Anybody?
    Gravity always wins...

Just ordered up some Tectons...to be an abominable anchor on some new 178 ZeroG 95s (the short ski I've ever owned!). Flog me for I have sinned.

I just want that sweet sweet "damp" Vipec toe, some downward pressure on my heel, and to not have to buy another pair of ski crampons. So what if I'm hauling around an extra 250g per foot!

I figure the demanding ride of a light, stiff, tiny-ass ski set-up will be better and more smoothly controlled by the Tecton than the tooth-rattling, heel-bobbing, pastry-fragile ultra-lightweight binders (MTN, ATK, etc.). I'll take that trade-off.

Very. Stoked.
    sproing!