Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1319

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'll dig one up that I published a while back.
    Thx much. I would appreciate that. I was surprised it’s not in the template page w how popular Vipecs are

Quote Originally Posted by montpow View Post
    Thx much. I would appreciate that. I was surprised it’s not in the template page w how popular Vipecs are
    I thought I put it there. I'll do so now, but here's that link to save you a few clicks: https://galibierdesign.com/images/ot...Vipec_Thom.pdf

Usual disclaimer applies ... do a test mount.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

It can be found in Knut's library

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yYY6Gg2a3Dd245

Vipec mount pattern aka #3

Thx for both. I’ll play around w them and see which one works best

Quote Originally Posted by montpow View Post
    Thx for both. I’ll play around w them and see which one works best
    One thing that came to my attention a while ago (irrespective) of template, is to pay attention to where your toe inserts are located relative to the boot toe.

I drew mine for my Zero-Gs (10mm offset).

I think Powderguide uses 15mm.

That's one more reason to do a test mount. If your correcting (changing) it's all too frequent that we add 5mm (or whatever) instead if subtracting it.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Read through most of this thread, apologies if this has been asked and I missed it.

I noticed some lateral play in the toe pieces of my Tecton's this weekend. I've put them through about 4 tours and 4 resort days so far. I noticed the play for the first time yesterday, while sitting on the chair and swinging my skis. After getting home I played around a little and found the following:

- With an empty binding in ski mode there is maybe 1 or 2 mm of lateral play in the pin carriage system. This is audible as well as visual.
    -With the boot in and in ski mode this is similar. Maybe less audible.
    -In walk mode, there is no susceptible play. Both with and without the boot in the binding

I did not feel the play while skiing, only on the lift. Skied all day at Alpine Meadows, hit a few small drops, skied some bumps. Things felt ok. No releases.

What amount of play do you all notice in your toe pieces? Has this been there all along and I'm just noticing it now? I did switch boots this year (Scarpa Maestrale to Hoji Free) and I thought maybe this was related to pin width adjustment. However, I popped the Scarpas in last night and I was able to replicate the same amount of play.

Anyone had Hoji pro tours in Tecton?

Limited range of motion but still usable or is it totally out the question?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is there enough play that we could see it on a video? I have three pairs of Tectons and they've all felt rock solid, but I guess I haven't tried to put my boot on there and wiggle them. They do have some lateral movement in the toe, but that's a good thing, of course.

This is my third season on Tectons with Maestrales (old version), skiing maybe 20 lift service days and 20 touring days each year and there is no noticeable play in the toes. Is the entire toe carriage moving or just the pin arms?

Quote Originally Posted by telemon10 View Post
    This is my third season on Tectons with Maestrales (old version), skiing maybe 20 lift service days and 20 touring days each year and there is no noticeable play in the toes. Is the entire toe carriage moving or just the pin arms?
    The entire toe carriage is moving. TahoeJ, you should be able to see it on video, at least the side of the carriage sticking out a hair. I'll film when I get back from work tonight.

Huh I've had my second gen's for a basically 5 years and don't have 2mm of slop. And not to call you out but I feel like most people can't eyeball 1-2mm so it'd be interested to see a video.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I picked up Tectons for my wife and I this fall and have been noticing similar toe play issues. I've noticed some vagueness on groomers and my wife commented on a "loose boot" feel sunday despite well fitting boots. Here are some videos verifying with both pairs and 4 different boots all with certified inserts (zzero, tlt6, f80 and maestrale rs2). I can also get some play with no boot in the binding:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ScCtg68q8XScA7nb6

Quote Originally Posted by hillmap View Post
    I picked up Tectons for my wife and I this fall and have been noticing similar toe play issues. I've noticed some vagueness on groomers and my wife commented on a "loose boot" feel sunday despite well fitting boots. Here are some videos verifying with both pairs and 4 different boots all with certified inserts (zzero, tlt6, f80 and maestrale rs2). I can also get some play with no boot in the binding:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ScCtg68q8XScA7nb6
    This clearly looks like the centering springs (toe carriage) and not poor mating between the pins and the boot inserts.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eScJkXRt6tP7JNkx5

^ Here is a video of the play I was referencing. Sound on helps as the play is pretty audible. You can see visible play with and without the boot in ski mode. In walk mode the play is not present.

hillmap, looks like it is pretty similar to what you were seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This clearly looks like the centering springs (toe carriage) and not poor mating between the pins and the boot inserts.
    I agree, is this a known thing for the Tecton?

If it's a known thing it's not widely reported, but who knows. Can you do it with the boot in there? Sometimes a binding will act differently when engaged... I think, I just made that up. ;-)

no - what the videos show is not a known issue with Tectons - or Vipecs. I would call/email Black Diamond / Fritschi and have them give their take on it. Probably a warranty issue.

I checked both of my pairs, neither did what the two videos showed - though both are first year Tectons, and not the current toe like you guys have. I do not have any current gen Tectons anymore - so can't check it. However, I did notice that the din setting on one my toes was off, so thanks for making me check

Yeah none of those videos show a problem. It's a manufacturing tolerance for having toe elasticity, basically the reason why they ski leaps and bounds better than static pin bindings.

Elasticity means there's resistance to motion. The ones I watched looked like clearance, not elasticity.

ETA: just checked my Vipec Evos (same as first gen Tecton IMS) and no sign of free play but if I push really hard I can start to see movement. So I would call what I'm seeing elasticity. Knowing how hard someone is pushing in a video is tough, but I thought I detected firm stops to that motion in the videos. Whereas on mine they remain elastic: push harder and they move further (though I really had to look carefully to see it--they're predictably stiff).

what the vids show isn't the elasticity at work, but seem to be play.

Again, I would just contact BD and get their take on it. Their warranty responses seem to be pretty damned fast wrt Tectons/Vipecs.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Yeah none of those videos show a problem. It's a manufacturing tolerance for having toe elasticity, basically the reason why they ski leaps and bounds better than static pin bindings.
    I understand toe elasticity is a major feature of the tecton, but I don't think this much play is from fit-up tolerances. Do your tecton toes have this much lateral play before encountering resistance? Sounds like a lot of others are not seeing this in their toe pieces.

I've reached out to BD support/warranty with the video to ask for their thoughts. I'll update here when I hear back from them.

Talked with BD yesterday and emailed them the video. They agree something seems wrong and said they will replace under warranty. Currently going through the claim process.

anyone need smaller brakes? I have a pair of 90mm looking for 110mm (109 waist)

Quote Originally Posted by lookinback View Post
    anyone need smaller brakes? I have a pair of 90mm looking for 110mm (109 waist)
    I'l trade you, I have a set. Throw me a PM

I've seen in this thread that brakes run large?

So do I buy 100mm or 110mm for 112mm skis?

Seems like 100mm?

I have 100 mm brakes on 116 waisted skis now with very slight stretching. They run huge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app