Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

if you consider buying regular Proclines i would suggest you read both Blister's and Doglotion's review of the boots.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...n-support-boot
    http://www.doglotion.com/arcteryx-pr...ot-gear-review

If you already own them, nm

Btw, I own a pair of Procline Cs, but have never used them - bought for long haul use with Vipecs that i haven't gotten around to yet. Right now I am thinking that my XTDs will be more than good enough and warmer to boot for long haul missions, meaning I will sell the P Cs.

If you are wanting Tectons something like Hawx XTD 120s or 130s are much more suitable combos, and they can be made you fit your boot quite easily (probably), or reversely, a more traditional tech binding probably works better with Proclines. That is why i went with Vipecs - they are lighter, but still drive skis really well.

I have no idea on how Proclines and Tectons mash in real world scenarios - I haven't tried or thought about trying in spite of owning both.

sorry if that was not really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Is it true that one needs to mount the leash on a tecton around one of the toe mounting screws? Anyone care to throw up their favorite leash configuration?
    Following up on this

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fristchi's video on leashes (for the Vipec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyctUiSS6dM

Not sure where else you'd put it. Certainly not on the toe lock-out lever.
    sproing!

2 Thumbs up for Barrabes, tectons arrived today 6 days after ordering. 2018/19 model with new toe piece. I played arround with them to see if my old garmont radiums would fit. I know, old boots, but i like them. I'm fully prepared to shell out for some new ones, but if by chance i don't have to i'd be just as happy. I'll mount them on a plank to see how they play, but just fiddling around with them, the heel seems to fit fine. The toes fit in terms of hight (sole to tech fittings), but the during the walk pivot the tip of the sole seems to rub against the plate, which you can push past quite easily to the point when toes box hits the bumper. Hard to explain in words, i'll try and get some pics up over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    2 Thumbs up for Barrabes, tectons arrived today 6 days after ordering. 2018/19 model with new toe piece. I played arround with them to see if my old garmont radiums would fit. I know, old boots, but i like them. I'm fully prepared to shell out for some new ones, but if by chance i don't have to i'd be just as happy. I'll mount them on a plank to see how they play, but just fiddling around with them, the heel seems to fit fine. The toes fit in terms of hight (sole to tech fittings), but the during the walk pivot the tip of the sole seems to rub against the plate, which you can push past quite easily to the point when toes box hits the bumper. Hard to explain in words, i'll try and get some pics up over the weekend.
    Which brake width did you purchase? I bought the 90mm and was sent the old 2017-2018 version. Super fast shipping for me as well. Took only 5 days for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    The Tecton and Vipec brakes work. They slow and stop runaway skis in pow
    ehhhhh I have a few experiences and a photo from SW bowls of Bachellor that says differently.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyutah View Post
    Just curious, why do you all keep the brakes on? To me they're just extra weight, get in the way when touring, and are useless in powder. I guess if you're on area often they're marginally easier to deal with than a leash? But why tectons then? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    In my mind

Brakes = convenient in non powder situations and convenience in a resort setting where you're in and out of skis more.
    Leashes = better in BC situations but a pain in the ass/ kinda gaper at resorts...even though I won't put my brakes back on for resort skiing cause I'm lazier than I am self conscious. + less weight and better edge hold on sketchy side hilling skinning

IMO Tecton vs Vipec boils down to downhill performance, especially in chopped up snow, at the slight weight penalty.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

BTW if anyone needs some wider 100-sub115 brake arms I have an extra pair floating around. I bought an extra pair back when I was still using them and can't see needing them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Fristchi's video on leashes (for the Vipec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyctUiSS6dM

...that's where I had mine this certainly seems safer...

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

I'm having problems seeing how you wouldn't compromise the mount, as well as possibly stressing (torquing) the toe piece by jamming a cable between the toe piece and the ski.

The loop in the toe piece lock out leve looks better (especially if you're using a fused leash like the B&D) ... or my solution for the Nanuqs I have on gear swap:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=319934

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havn View Post
    Which brake width did you purchase? I bought the 90mm and was sent the old 2017-2018 version. Super fast shipping for me as well. Took only 5 days for delivery.
    How do you tell the 17/18 from 18/19 toe?

I got a set of the 100 mm brake ones to fit over my BMT 109s, and just emailed them so as soon as I hear back I will post what they say for anyone that got the hundred mm brakes. They have not arrived yet so I can't confirm visually.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    The plastic stopper toe piece for the 18/19 looks to have been widened a bit. I think it can be flipped forward to be more recessed and lay flat to allow more range and avoid the boot indentation. Here's a good photo of the new 18/19 design.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...07#post5513207

Garuda also posted a video of the new versions in the same thread.

my 90mm brake tectons from barrabes just showed up too. 18/19 by the looks of things.

makes me a bit disappointed that the ones i got direct from bd 2 weeks ago are 17/18 toes but it'll be fine I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Havn View Post
    I got 110mm to fit 114mm. They do look huge by the way.

Havn beat me to it. Can't figure out how to upload photos on the mobile. I'll try when I get to a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    my 90mm brake tectons from barrabes just showed up too. 18/19 by the looks of things.

makes me a bit disappointed that the ones i got direct from bd 2 weeks ago are 17/18 toes but it'll be fine I'm sure.
    Huh, that's interesting. I purchased mine only the Friday before Thanksgiving and was sent the old versions. Well, supposed it's too late now since they're already at the shop getting mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    edit: sorry margotron, i'm getting threads mixed up. Check https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...r-18-19-season
    Same as in Garudas photo
    Walk mode engaged, the bumper moves back a little and the green bar becomes visible. Is this new, or did this always occur?. Bumper is a little wider than in the older model, that's for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_073336379.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1,000.8 KB 
ID:	257850

And survey says..,

"Mark,

Your order is for the new version of the bindings for the 18/19 season.

If there is anything else we can help you with feel free to contact us again."

I got in towards the very end of the deal, maybe they sold off the older ones first then switched to the 18-19 ones?

+10000000 for Barabes customer service. My card wouldn't go through because of extra security measures and even verifying it with my bank didn't help the first two times. Barabes was kind enough to call me despite different time zones to make it work.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

What’s the consensus on the old toe, is there any acceptable way to improve the toe bumper situation? Does grinding it down help? Can the new part be swapped out or is there more to it?
    I got out on mine for the first time yesterday, and made it just out of sight of the sled before crushing my boot toe. I know it’s not considered an appropriate matchup, but I was using my tlt6’s with a kingpin heel adapter, and the short format sole makes it worse. On the high lifter the range of motion while touring was terrible, enough to mess with kick turns. I was hoping for the power transfer of the heel, which does feel great, but overall it wasn’t a great touring experience. Thoughts?

Gravity always wins...

took a spill with tectons the other day in which i expected the toe to release laterally and it did not- twisting motion-force directed right to the wings on the toe- not forward falling. toe wings did not release. has anyone had this experience? afterwards, did a test on a bench and the wings do in fact seem pretty hard (even at very lowest din setting) to get to swing open. a little paranoid after a nasty fracture a few years ago still i guess. is there something i should check or adjust? pretty sure i did everything right- did not seem to have to adjust the pins at the toe but kept them like out of the box. thx in advance.

^check to see if the toe carriage returns to center with you boot toe in the binding. There’s at least one video online showing it. If you can’t find it, give a shout and I can send it to you after skiing.

^ This, the toe pin might need adjustment.

Also make sure there isn't any forward pressure from the heel, it looks like an alpine heel but you don't adjust it quite the same. Adjust worm screw to get as much bite on the boot heel lug as possible, but back off a click if tightening a click no longer moves the heel forward.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 12-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    What’s the consensus on the old toe, is there any acceptable way to improve the toe bumper situation? Does grinding it down help? Can the new part be swapped out or is there more to it?
    I got out on mine for the first time yesterday, and made it just out of sight of the sled before crushing my boot toe. I know it’s not considered an appropriate matchup, but I was using my tlt6’s with a kingpin heel adapter, and the short format sole makes it worse. On the high lifter the range of motion while touring was terrible, enough to mess with kick turns. I was hoping for the power transfer of the heel, which does feel great, but overall it wasn’t a great touring experience. Thoughts?

Riff

It's mostly the boot. The TLT6 front end interferes with the Tecton/Evo bumper. Fwiw I ground down my 17/18 Tecton/evo toe bumper to the point where they still worked with my (standard) toe. Now it won't invaginate my boots unless i tomahawk forcefully

Lemmy. Something is wrong either with your toe or your setup. When all the spring tension is off my toe I can push a toe wing to the side and down just with hand pressure

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    did a test on a bench and the wings do in fact seem pretty hard (even at very lowest din setting) to get to swing open.
    The wings are latched, and cannot swing open until the wing carriage is slid all the way to one side. At that point, the outside wing will basically drop open. Were you pulling on a wing by hand, or have the boot in the toe (but not the heel) and were sliding the whole carriage to the end of its travel?

Also take a look at this toe pin adjustment article: https://www.wildsnow.com/12293/frits...ay-durability/
    (There's a video somewhere that shows how to adjust the toe pin, but I can't find it.)

And download this function-check video: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/niol1vwzc...check.mp4?dl=1