Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1319

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

They do indeed run huge although I haven't tried pushing it that far. I've got 120 on 128 skis and 90 on 94 skis.

120 on 128=tight fit
    90 on 94=fair bit of room

Extrapolate from that what you will but someone made an excellent chart which has been reposted a few times about a dozen pages back which gave all the info you need.

If anyone bends these brake arms, be sure you use a vise to only bend at or outside of the original outer bends. If you accidentally change any of the bends in the middle, the brake won't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    If anyone bends these brake arms, be sure you use a vise to only bend at or outside of the original outer bends. If you accidentally change any of the bends in the middle, the brake won't work right.
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I've seen in this thread that brakes run large?

So do I buy 100mm or 110mm for 112mm skis?

Seems like 100mm?
    I have a 100mm brake on a Corvus Freebird 109mm. Fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I have a 100mm brake on a Corvus Freebird 109mm. Fits perfectly.
    I replaced this season 110mm to 100mm on Atris 108, now it fits perfect.
    Got some crashes catching the slope to wide brakes.

Not sure about 112mm. I'd go with 110 imho.

Quote Originally Posted by pettro View Post
    That’s what I just did after looking at them at the shop.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm going to post up a minty pair with just a couple of days on them. What's price police say is fair asking $ ?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I'm going to post up a minty pair with just a couple of days on them. What's price police say is fair asking $ ?
    I just paid $200 for a pair that were in solid shape but definitely more used than yours, FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    More than less. Everyone really likes em and you can’t find any for less than 400 new. No ones gunna get on you for posting for over 300

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just don't sell them to low post count gear swap jongs.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

If anyone has any of the colored accent pieces in yellow or blue, lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by pettro View Post
    I replaced this season 110mm to 100mm on Atris 108, now it fits perfect.
    Got some crashes catching the slope to wide brakes.

Can u guys tell me what size brakes are these. Thats a 108mm ski.
    Is this 110 or 100. I compared with 100m from the shoped and seemed the same as on my ski. Now i dont know... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200218_204039.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	316336

Sent from ullr with love!

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Can u guys tell me what size brakes are these. Thats a 108mm ski.
    Is this 110 or 100. I compared with 100m from the shoped and seemed the same as on my ski. Now i dont know... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200218_204039.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	316336

Looks like a 100 to me. I’ve run 100s on skis up to 112 without bending.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    If anyone has any of the colored accent pieces in yellow or blue, lemme know!
    I’ve got some yellow ones kicking around. Maybe blue too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Concur with 100.
    Can i go down to 90 without bending... or shall i leave it

My bad, looked more closely and I think those are 110 brakes. 100 would be a better fit.

No you were right. It was the 100mm stopper mounted. Tried to fight 90 no chance. Cheers everybody. And to the shop dealing with a hairsplitter

The brakes are honestly the worst part of these bindings. They hardly retract at all and stick out no matter what. I ground down the plastic on some 110 mm brakes to clear some 124 mm skis. The 120 mm brakes I originally had were humongous!

yes, on a narrow skintrack they can get in the way. would be nice if the fold in a bit.
    but the way they are mounted is fantastic... i am impressed how easy it is to change them.

I have the evos. Using with Dalbello Lupo ax 120. My boot toe seems to rub on the little black bumpers at the bottom of the pin arms. Super squeaky and annoying. Anyone experience this? And at full almost 75 degree tilt, the toe contacts the bottom plate under the toe area, ie the trigger for deploying pin arms when stepping in. Any info to alleviate this would be appreciated.

C

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71VurRHwfgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	316885
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Haha...I grew impatient (waited 5 min after posting) and did exactly....that. A quick shave. Worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I’ve got some yellow ones kicking around. Maybe blue too.
    found some from another member, thanks though@

For reference pics There’s an article on wildsnow showing break down. “
    LOST MACHINE OF ARCHIMEDES? TECTON-EVO-VIPEC TEARDOWN”

any thoughts on improving forward pivot by grinding down the Step-in Toe guide (area at the green sticker) and maybe the toe Bump Release? i would love for the TLT8 boot to work with my Vipec Evo 12 (18/19 MY, improved toe bumper) but in walk mode the boot toe hits the Step-In toe guide at 41* (ha- not even the bumper release) but in ski mode boot hits bumper at 30* (which is a positive since in a ski fall my heels out so the sooner my toe releases the better). This is by far the worst of 5 boots I tested (Procline, TLT8, Hoji Pro, TLT speedfit, Maestrale RS.

I mocked up the binding and TLT8 to get measurements and play with it to get an idea of what moves and contacts what. In the photo removing the toe bumper by removing the pin, did you see the arched path/slot that pin travels in? (seen easiest by putting lever to stepin mode and freely moving the toe bumper) The arch nearly reaches the green stepin guide. also seen from the top is a single slit for the return spring that wraps the pin. Below the pin on the toe bumpers lowest point are the tabs that clamp the bumper to the toe guide. Thankfully your pic shows me that they seem somewhat insignificant. So does that mean the pin traveling the arch is where the force of the boot pressing on the bumper for release is exerted? Furthermore, in the opposite, the pin hitting the end/top of the arch path could be strong enough to stop the rearward travel of the toe bumper when going from stepin to ski?
    A big concern is removing too much material from the green area of the guide to allow better boot rotation but weaken the stopping potential of the stepin guide at the top where it looks like an overhanging header. The earlier versions (2016 Black TUV) that did not have the bumper or stepin guide looked like they had plenty of room for the TLT8 to rotate but those had other issues I guess.
    Its probably unlikely to put it all back together to test grinding the stepin guide. Any chance you have the other toe binding to take a ‘crack’ at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Read through most of this thread, apologies if this has been asked and I missed it.

I noticed some lateral play in the toe pieces of my Tecton's this weekend. I've put them through about 4 tours and 4 resort days so far. I noticed the play for the first time yesterday, while sitting on the chair and swinging my skis. After getting home I played around a little and found the following:

- With an empty binding in ski mode there is maybe 1 or 2 mm of lateral play in the pin carriage system. This is audible as well as visual.
    -With the boot in and in ski mode this is similar. Maybe less audible.
    -In walk mode, there is no susceptible play. Both with and without the boot in the binding

I did not feel the play while skiing, only on the lift. Skied all day at Alpine Meadows, hit a few small drops, skied some bumps. Things felt ok. No releases.

What amount of play do you all notice in your toe pieces? Has this been there all along and I'm just noticing it now? I did switch boots this year (Scarpa Maestrale to Hoji Free) and I thought maybe this was related to pin width adjustment. However, I popped the Scarpas in last night and I was able to replicate the same amount of play.
    Somehow i love this forum, every problem i encounter has been discussed.

So started noticing some play in one binding during my 2nd ascent today. specially when between kickturns and the left ski being the valley ski my heel started moving alot. did a step / putting weight on / the heel moved.

stepped in and out cleared snow ... got freaked... did not help

continued out the valley and last descent home.

What is the talk here. Warranty? Icing?
    edit: i am on a 2nd gen toepiece