Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Dood. WTF is architecture?!?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Thanks! So, the Tecton brake architecture is identical to the Vipec? It was difficult to tell from the photos. Are the brake arms interchangeable as well (same architecture/same dimensions)?
    Arms are the same, but the brake mechanism is different (I'd have to look again, but in the few minutes I was playing with them I recall thinking they were different).

Easily fusible link attached to the brakes? That guarantees they deploy but don't stay attached in case of a fall, and skis don't go anywhere if they come off in touring mode. Naaah, I rather pack some spare snowblades.

^ Wonder what percentage of people having brake release issues bent their brake arm to better fit their skis?

I did not bend them, but since the brakes don't pull in like alpine brakes do, I did hit them a few times with the other ski while touring.

Wait so is the verdict order the tecton brakes true to size? For 110mm skis, should I go 110mm or 120mm brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Wait so is the verdict order the tecton brakes true to size? For 110mm skis, should I go 110mm or 120mm brakes
    110, maybe even 100.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Second the above. 100 will probably be ever so slightly too narrow. Bending is tricky because if the mechanism

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    110, maybe even 100.
    Finally, some consistency between nominal an real brake size.

Funny that took so long, but better that, than a binding that doesn't work or hold up (those that shall remain nameless).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    110, maybe even 100.
    I have 100 brakes and they're fine for 109 underfoot.

^ any bending required at all? As bending might cause brakes to stick?

No bending required. I called BD before ordering and asked what size for a 109 waist. They recommended teh 100. It looks good. I haven't mounted yet but did assemble the brake with the heelpiece. Looked like there's room to spare. Will be mounting this weekend, maybe I can post a pic in a couple days.

Would be much appreciated! Thanks

Surely more people most have been skiing this now. Come on, bring me the juicy details. How does it ski? How does it release? (or not?)

I have two pair of skis I was considering mounting up with KingPins, but if this skis as good as the KingPin and is _safer_ I'm inclined to fork over the extra cash.

No release
    Did a tour
    Skies nice operates easy with poles, although slightly less than viper... Only slightly

Inspires confidence
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    No release
    Did a tour
    Skies nice operates easy with poles, although slightly less than viper... Only slightly

Inspires confidence
    This is good. Very good. Seeing a steeple 116 with the Tecton in my future.

Got my Tectons out for a short tour and agree with Summit. Vipec was slightly easier to operate but barely. Downsize on brakes. I've got a set of 120s, and would be happy to trade if anyone has a 100 or 110.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I might take you up on that Bean... mounting mine Tuesday. I think I could have 110s but out of town right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    This is good. Very good. Seeing a steeple 116 with the Tecton in my future.
    I should be able to get you some beta on that exact setup...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

@Bean, what do you have your 120's on? I've got 110's and wondering if they'll go on Lotus 120's, had bought them with 105ish in mind...

anyone out there want to trade their 100 brakes for my 110's?

Fritschi Tecton

Confirmation needed: I should order 100mm brakes for a 110mm waist ski?

I just did a day of resort skiing on tectons today, so a bit early to tell. But for what it's worth. They ski very well, precision and power transfer is at least as good as on the kingpins. If not even better. It's a bit hard to tell, since I haven't been skiing the Kingpins so far this season and it could be my mind doing some confirmation bias. At least I feel safe in them and after a few runs, I'm not holding much back. It was pretty variable conditions, some soft snow and also some icy crap. I guess nobody are expecting this to be as good as dedicated alpine bindings, but just to throw it out there, this will still be more harsh than skiing alpine bindings in the rough.

I'm having 110 mm brakes on a pair of Wailer 106's. It seems just a touch on the wide side IMHO, but not a bad fit either. Don't think I would size down.

They are also _very_ easy to step into, but I guess that isn't really news.

I also used one of my older skis with radical ft's yesterday, and the difference in precision and feel is pretty much night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post

I also used one of my older skis with radical ft's yesterday, and the difference in precision and feel is pretty much night and day.
    Feedback like this will continue to contribute to the value of used vipec/tectons and decrease used dynafit prices...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I have one inbounds spring day (slushy corn on hardpack) on Blacks with Cochise 120's, and other than the lack of weight, the feel was indistinguishable from alpine bindings. Perhaps on hardpack a difference would have been noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Feedback like this will continue to contribute to the value of used vipec/tectons and decrease used dynafit prices...
    Ions also kicked Dynafit's ass, their engineers need to wake up and put performance, design, and quality above gimmicks like "anti-vibration bridges" between heel and toe and other marketing cheese.

* The Superlite 2.0 is certainly a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-26-2017 at 08:24 PM.