Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Don't know, he just wrote that he slipped and fell forward real hard..

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    And did they release?
    He got caught on a branch which was buried under the snow and tripped, bindings in walk mode, the RH released as it should but not the LH...

Edit; I wonder if the branch somehow could have kept the LH from releasing if caught under the lever

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    He got caught on a branch which was buried under the snow and tripped, bindings in walk mode, the RH released as it should but not the LH...

Edit; I wonder if the branch somehow could have kept the LH from releasing if caught under the lever
    I assume you mean R and L toes? Heels wouldn't be a factor if in walk mode...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I assume you mean R and L toes? Heels wouldn't be a factor if in walk mode...
    Yes, RH and LH as in left hand and right hand, sorry for confusing...

I had my first double ejection of the season today. A very small air (3') over a rock into punchy slabby snow. I kept going but the skis with Tectons stayed put. Super clean double E.
    Using them with Atomic Hawx 120 XTD.

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    I had my first double ejection of the season today. A very small air (3') over a rock into punchy slabby snow. I kept going but the skis with Tectons stayed put. Super clean double E.
    Using them with Atomic Hawx 120 XTD.
    Now that's a review I can get behind

Ok maybe I missed it but tecton + beast horseshoe insert: any problems?

Fritschi Tecton

Mounted these up today, went pretty smoothly. Impressed overall, seem like a solid binding. The powderguide vipec template was pretty much spot on, but the salomon Mtn lab boot center ended up being 4mm* further back than what the template indicated.

Quick question- looking st the manual, it shows there is a small plastic piece that installs kind of behind the brake. I did not see this piece in the box. The binding appears to function properly - is it possible the plastic piece was already installed and I didn't notice it?

I looked at other pictures of tectons and I can't see any difference between them and my bindings.

As discussed earlier, when the brakes deploy the black tips on the brakes barely clear the sides of the ski. (Using 110mm brakes on 110mm skis). When they are fully deployed they clear easily- it's just during the process that the clearance becomes a factor. I'd use the 110mm brakes on up to a 114mm ski I'd say. You could also bend them pretty easily if you're careful to only bend the outer part of the break arms.

Last edited by Muggydude; 12-10-2017 at 08:48 AM.

4cm behind the line on the ski?
    Woof
    crab in my shoe mouth

4mm*

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Ok maybe I missed it but tecton + beast horseshoe insert: any problems?
    Zero problems.

I ejected in tour mode on Vulcans and Tecton today. Also no problem. Even had toe lever up.

Tried to go up a too steep skintrack. Slid backward. Used crotch as a brake on trees. Binding released as desired

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Mounted these up today, went pretty smoothly. Impressed overall, seem like a solid binding. The powderguide vipec template was pretty much spot on, but the salomon Mtn lab boot center ended up being 4mm* further back than what the template indicated.

Quick question- looking st the manual, it shows there is a small plastic piece that installs kind of behind the brake. I did not see this piece in the box. The binding appears to function properly - is it possible the plastic piece was already installed and I didn't notice it?

I looked at other pictures of tectons and I can't see any difference between them and my bindings.

As discussed earlier, when the brakes deploy the black tips on the brakes barely clear the sides of the ski. (Using 110mm brakes on 110mm skis). When they are fully deployed they clear easily- it's just during the process that the clearance becomes a factor. I'd use the 110mm brakes on up to a 114mm ski I'd say. You could also bend them pretty easily if you're careful to only bend the outer part of the break arms.

This picture shows the two holes just behind where the brake arms go into the binding where that plastic piece fits. You just slide it in there, and then when you put the brake on the binding the heel piece holds it in place. Prevents snow build-up.

The plastic pieces would have been in a small zip-loc bag with the bindings, maybe the same bag as the different colored inserts.

Wow, that boot toe looks like a pitoned kayak bow.
    watch out for snakes

... Quick question- looking st the manual, it shows there is a small plastic piece that installs kind of behind the brake. I did not see this piece in the box. The binding appears to function properly - is it possible the plastic piece was already installed and I didn't notice it?

Not sure if this helps, but Lou did a breakdown narrative on Tecton brake removal, with a lot of pictures that may help answer your question.

It appears however as if the holes that @gavinski91 pointed out weren't in the prototypes Lou used for this post however.

https://www.wildsnow.com/22447/frits...emove-install/

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

That piece is for the Vipec Evo rather than the Tecton.

To add to the brake size confusion, I (apparently) have 100mm brakes and was planning on bending them, but have them fitted on 118mm skis and they work fine so haven't bothered with the bending.

Is there any official word on how to set the forward pressure yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gingersnowman View Post

To add to the brake size confusion, I (apparently) have 100mm brakes and was planning on bending them, but have them fitted on 118mm skis and they work fine so haven't bothered with the bending.

If you decide you'd rather have 110's, hmu. I'd much prefer to have the 100's or 90's at this point in time. Should've done more reading before pulling the trigger on 110's.

Go back a page or two for brake arm measurements, the arms you received must have been misboxed. There's no way a 100 brake will fit a 118 ski, my two pair of 110 brakes will fit a 116 ski only if the plastic tips are ground at an angle so they spread wider when they hit the topsheet.

So the tecton does not use those pieces?

My understanding for the forward pressure is to get the length close, and keep tightening the forward pressure screw until it is in from flush. Then back off one turn. I always adjust forward pressure without the boot in the bindings (for any binding). Click back in, check the screw's location, and repeat if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Go back a page or two for brake arm measurements, the arms you received must have been misboxed. There's no way a 100 brake will fit a 118 ski, my two pair of 110 brakes will fit a 116 ski only if the plastic tips are ground at an angle so they spread wider when they hit the topsheet.
    I'm sure its the same fuckery that happen with the black Vipecs. My "100mm" brake fits on 114 with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    If you decide you'd rather have 110's, hmu. I'd much prefer to have the 100's or 90's at this point in time. Should've done more reading before pulling the trigger on 110's.
    Never mind, they are 110mm, shop guy said they were 100s and I didn't check the box. That makes sense, they brush the sides of 118mm skis but deploy fine.

So the tecton does not use those pieces?

My understanding for the forward pressure is to get the length close, and keep tightening the forward pressure screw until it is in from flush. Then back off one turn. I always adjust forward pressure without the boot in the bindings (for any binding). Click back in, check the screw's location, and repeat if necessary.
    It confused me at first too but yeah I think the Vipec uses a different brake and the Tecton does not use or come with that piece.

IRT forward pressure, that doesn't seem right, at least on mine the screw does not get more or less flush to a noticeable degree that I can see. I just set it so the top of the cup would touch the back of the boot above the welt, then backed off a mm. Any further than that and the boot won't step in smoothly.

Could some shop rat post the actual Fritschi instructions for setting forward pressure? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by telemon10 View Post
    Could some shop rat post the actual Fritschi instructions for setting forward pressure? Please?
    Seconded!

Here it is, posted by Fritschi.

Brilliant! Thanks!

Fritschi Tecton

Just got off the phone with BD. Rep said the essentially the same thing as shown in the video - about a fingernail's thickness between boot heel and binding. More important is releasing the toe with the boot clicked in- it should come up smooth and bobble a little. Shouldn't get hung up- otherwise pressure is too high.

Also, he confirmed the Tecton does not use those extra little plastic pieces on top of the brake