Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I actually have something like this happen semi frequently, minus the skiing away part. Sometimes when stepping in, the heel goes a bit past ski mode and doesn't engage my boot. It's usually when snow is a bit packy and my clearing efforts were insufficient. Cycle again and good to go but definitely something to pay attention to.
    Yup, it happens if I stomp real hard and fast.

I then reset the dildo, place the heel of my boot down and step normally and I'm good to go.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Ah, that could be it. The snow was super slushy and I was slamming the heel really hard thinking it would clear out ice better, in fact (being kinda gripped) I'd step in twice "just to make sure". Maybe I stomped it hard enough that the lever coasted into climb mode.

I thought this was more the characteristic of the Vipecs as the lever works in the opposite direction - down to go into tour mode.

The few times this has occurred, I always assumed I stomped on the lever inadvertently.

As I think about this however, I realize that it's always occurred shortly (immediately?) after a transition and not halfway down the hill.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Ah, that could be it. The snow was super slushy and I was slamming the heel really hard thinking it would clear out ice better, in fact (being kinda gripped) I'd step in twice "just to make sure". Maybe I stomped it hard enough that the lever coasted into climb mode.
    Yeah I remember on my old dynafits, in powder, I would pretty much have to jump on one foot with my entire body weight to get it the pins in my heel.

I gotta say that this is one great thing about the ATKs (easy step-in), although I can't speak to the "U" spring versions - just the Haute Route and the RT10.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I gotta say that this is one great thing about the ATKs (easy step-in), although I can't speak to the "U" spring versions - just the Haute Route and the RT10.
    Agree. I also heard people have difficulty w/ the Dynafit speed turn, and I witnessed it today. I was w/ some beginners, and it was still frozen, so we decided to stop skinning up and ski down to hit another line. She was sidehilling, and just couldn’t get the ski flat, so after she got her toes in, the binding would turn not allowing the heel pins to line up.
    I just ended up going over and holding her ski flat for her.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Was she on rotation bindings? If so, the trick is to lock the toes in walk mode and it should line the heel pins up.

The other trick is to remember to put the toes back into ski mode before you ski down.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Was she on rotation bindings? If so, the trick is to lock the toes in walk mode and it should line the heel pins up.

The other trick is to remember to put the toes back into ski mode before you ski down.
    Thanks, I'll tell her.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Fitting Tecton

Can anyone please point me to a fitting guide if one exists. I get how the brakes go together, and how they operate, but what about fitting them to boot length (I assume they have some BSL adjustment?) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mec26c View Post
    Can anyone please point me to a fitting guide if one exists. I get how the brakes go together, and how they operate, but what about fitting them to boot length (I assume they have some BSL adjustment?) Thanks.
    Took me 5 secs to Google Tecton length adjustment and got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2jf9DVL9-I