Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1319

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Tried the heatshrink idea, definitely didnt go. You'd need some pretty thin heatshrink.

Here's what I've done: Added teflon tape to the power screw interface, in order to increase rotation resistance.

Also added a small amount of hot melt glue between the hex screw head, and the binding body. I'll report back on how well it holds.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Just put the heatshrink on the screw head. You want thick heatshrink not thin. A few overlapped heashrinks work even better.

Teflon tape decreases friction. Vibratite or carbon assembly friction paste might work better.

I thought about Vibratite - that'll be the next move.

With the heatshrink, it was too thick and wouldnt stay in place after rotating the screw head.

www.experiencedgear.net

So I've had my tectons for almost a year now and have about 12 days on them (10 touring 2 inbounds). Do you guys have step in issues with the heelpiece? Mine skips up past ski mode to tour mode every time. This happens indoors, outdoors, jammed with snow, and with the toe in either walk or ski mode. If I let my pole rest on the lever for the heelpiece and slow its rise it works most of the time. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Piazzano View Post
    So I've had my tectons for almost a year now and have about 12 days on them (10 touring 2 inbounds). Do you guys have step in issues with the heelpiece? Mine skips up past ski mode to tour mode every time. This happens indoors, outdoors, jammed with snow, and with the toe in either walk or ski mode. If I let my pole rest on the lever for the heelpiece and slow its rise it works most of the time. Is this normal?
    Not at all normal. I step in and the heel engages

Never had any heel issues at all on any of my three setups.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Any chance the heel piece worked its way back on the adjustment plate? I think the only way it could click into tour mode with a boot in there is if the bsl wasn't set right. Or if there wasn't enough plastic on the boot heel to grab.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Any chance the heel piece worked its way back on the adjustment plate? I think the only way it could click into tour mode with a boot in there is if the bsl wasn't set right. Or if there wasn't enough plastic on the boot heel to grab.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Something to do with the BSL not being set correctly would be my thought as well. I have had this happen to me a few times in pretty specific snow/weather conditions that have lead to icing somewhere in the heel that essentially lengthens the BSL adjustment setting, making the heal snap down past ski mode and into quasi-tour when I tried to step in to ski. Usually remedied by cycling the heel back and forth between ski/tour by hand a number of times and occasionally having to turn the adjustment screw a turn or two to loosen up the ice/return things to normal. I have also had a few instances where the heel will not reset out of tour mode into the step in to ski position. Similar weather/snow conditions and the only cure I have found is to warm the binding enough to melt the ice. Either scenario happened less than five times in ~120 days touring.

Per my comment earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Yup, it happens if I stomp real hard and fast.

I then reset the dildo, place the heel of my boot down and step normally and I'm good to go.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Anybody got their hands on the new carbon version? Same clamp but a few grams lighter?

i've fondled a pair.

The new forward release mechanism seems nice, though I've never had any issues with any of the past two iterations of Tecton toes ( in spite of toe-gate).

The stated weight is identical to the last iteration too at 550gr, so I am unsure if they are all that much lighter - though hard to tell without actually weighing them.

Everything else seem identical from a functional side of things.

Color clips are still marketed as a feature

I planned on picking up some new ones, but I have since thought better of it - I will continue to run my first gen and evo pairs, though I might need a third pair depending on what I decide to run on a pair of BGs

have a lightly used, gen2 pair for sale. maybe 10 days

PM sent

Looking through this thread and trying to decide if it's OK to be a few mm past the "STOP" sticker on the heel. I have the heel all the way aft and it looks like it's fully engaged in the track.
    I'm also trying to set the forward pressure. I read to leave 1 mm between the boot and the heel. If I tighten it with the boot in place I see the ski flexing. Just looking for the latest wisdom on this.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’ve decided to go ahead with the regular heel plates, but disregard the stop marking and just make sure the track on the heel is fully engaged with the track on the plate. The stop marks don’t make any sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by jhyatt; 11-30-2021 at 09:35 PM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Just weighed last year's vs the newer carbon
    Carbon toe/heel with mounting track (no stomp pad brake thing), 281/270
    Last year's toe/ heel with mounting track (no stomp pad brake thing), 270/279

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Looking through this thread and trying to decide if it's OK to be a few mm past the "STOP" sticker on the heel. I have the heel all the way aft and it looks like it's fully engaged in the track.
    I'm also trying to set the forward pressure. I read to leave 1 mm between the boot and the heel. If I tighten it with the boot in place I see the ski flexing. Just looking for the latest wisdom on this.
    I can't recall this ever being debated wrt Tectons, but I do seem to remember there being some instances where the walk mode did not work optimally if worked outside of the range.

I would just remount the heels 1cm or 1.5cm back to be within the range. As you can use the existing holes as a guide the amount of work required is pretty marginal (provided you mount our own skis).

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    Just weighed last year's vs the newer carbon
    Carbon toe/heel with mounting track (no stomp pad brake thing), 281/270
    Last year's toe/ heel with mounting track (no stomp pad brake thing), 270/279
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I can't recall this ever being debated wrt Tectons, but I do seem to remember there being some instances where the walk mode did not work optimally if worked outside of the range.

I would just remount the heels 1cm or 1.5cm back to be within the range. As you can use the existing holes as a guide the amount of work required is pretty marginal (provided you mount our own skis).

thanks!
    Thanks. I guess I will assume the folks at fritschi know what theya re doing. I will remount the toes firther forward as I have been thinking about doing that anyway.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Total noob and forward pressure has baffled me a bit. There's no forward pressure but we're just trying to maximize the clamped area on the heel?

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    Total noob and forward pressure has baffled me a bit. There's no forward pressure but we're just trying to maximize the clamped area on the heel?
    https://cripplecreekbc.com/pages/fri...perating-guide

Excellent, thanks!

I can’t remember if the discussion about leash attachments was here or in the Vipec thread, but I bought some of these in 1.5mm and they fit really well in the slot under the toe screw. A little red loctite should keep them from coming apart. Since it was only like $1 difference between a few and a few thousand, I have extras to spare if anyone wants some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72B1C99D-6459-4AEC-AE31-AB1DA99703F9.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	264.7 KB 
ID:	396033  
    Last edited by RAB3; 12-10-2021 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo

Anyone in here holding a spare set or looking to get rid of one? Interested in finally getting on a pair of Tectons.

So lately I've been running into an issue: if I'm too aggressive (or sloppy) with my kick turns, I'll actually kick out of my binding while in walk mode (I'm assuming it's via the toe trigger) Anyone else running into this issue? Any advice?

On my MTN's, I do prefer to give my trailing leg a nice strong kick, when kick turning.

Side note: my Tecton's double-ejected smoothly on a failed kicker attempt last week.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    So lately I've been running into an issue: if I'm too aggressive (or sloppy) with my kick turns, I'll actually kick out of my binding while in walk mode (I'm assuming it's via the toe trigger) Anyone else running into this issue? Any advice?

On my MTN's, I do prefer to give my trailing leg a nice strong kick, when kick turning.

Side note: my Tecton's double-ejected smoothly on a failed kicker attempt last week.
    Have you inspected the tech fittings on your boot?

are you fully engaged in walk mode?

What DIN value are you running them at?

Have you pre-released out of the toe at all?

Toe piece in walk only increases the release value by about 30% or so, so if everything looks good on visual inspection I would look to see if your release value has drifted.

www.experiencedgear.net

Can you leave the toe on ski mode?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums