Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1319

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I actually have something like this happen semi frequently, minus the skiing away part. Sometimes when stepping in, the heel goes a bit past ski mode and doesn't engage my boot. It's usually when snow is a bit packy and my clearing efforts were insufficient. Cycle again and good to go but definitely something to pay attention to.
    Yup, it happens if I stomp real hard and fast.

I then reset the dildo, place the heel of my boot down and step normally and I'm good to go.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Ah, that could be it. The snow was super slushy and I was slamming the heel really hard thinking it would clear out ice better, in fact (being kinda gripped) I'd step in twice "just to make sure". Maybe I stomped it hard enough that the lever coasted into climb mode.

I thought this was more the characteristic of the Vipecs as the lever works in the opposite direction - down to go into tour mode.

The few times this has occurred, I always assumed I stomped on the lever inadvertently.

As I think about this however, I realize that it's always occurred shortly (immediately?) after a transition and not halfway down the hill.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Ah, that could be it. The snow was super slushy and I was slamming the heel really hard thinking it would clear out ice better, in fact (being kinda gripped) I'd step in twice "just to make sure". Maybe I stomped it hard enough that the lever coasted into climb mode.
    Yeah I remember on my old dynafits, in powder, I would pretty much have to jump on one foot with my entire body weight to get it the pins in my heel.

I gotta say that this is one great thing about the ATKs (easy step-in), although I can't speak to the "U" spring versions - just the Haute Route and the RT10.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I gotta say that this is one great thing about the ATKs (easy step-in), although I can't speak to the "U" spring versions - just the Haute Route and the RT10.
    Agree. I also heard people have difficulty w/ the Dynafit speed turn, and I witnessed it today. I was w/ some beginners, and it was still frozen, so we decided to stop skinning up and ski down to hit another line. She was sidehilling, and just couldn’t get the ski flat, so after she got her toes in, the binding would turn not allowing the heel pins to line up.
    I just ended up going over and holding her ski flat for her.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Was she on rotation bindings? If so, the trick is to lock the toes in walk mode and it should line the heel pins up.

The other trick is to remember to put the toes back into ski mode before you ski down.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Was she on rotation bindings? If so, the trick is to lock the toes in walk mode and it should line the heel pins up.

The other trick is to remember to put the toes back into ski mode before you ski down.
    Thanks, I'll tell her.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Fitting Tecton

Can anyone please point me to a fitting guide if one exists. I get how the brakes go together, and how they operate, but what about fitting them to boot length (I assume they have some BSL adjustment?) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mec26c View Post
    Can anyone please point me to a fitting guide if one exists. I get how the brakes go together, and how they operate, but what about fitting them to boot length (I assume they have some BSL adjustment?) Thanks.
    Took me 5 secs to Google Tecton length adjustment and got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2jf9DVL9-I

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I would not sweat it - it is just a small learning curve, then your good. They aren't as easy as some other tech bindings, but their performance more than makes up for it. I have more than 100 days on Vipecs and Tectons and stopped thinking about, until I rode MTNs and ATKs - then went back to Vipecs w/o brakes. Yeah, the Vipecs are a bit more fiddly to get into, but they also ski a lot smoother.
    I struggled with step in a bit a few years ago when I rented some skis with first gen Tectons for a day.

Last winter, I got my 12 year old daughter some AT skis with Vipec Evos. She never had any issues stepping in, even with minimal practice.
    They have also been very easy for her to use in general: switching modes and riser can all be done with skis on, and mostly with a pole.
    From day one she was ripping skins with skis on.

And for those coming from Dynafits, I think part of it is that the left to right roll method, doesn’t work so well, better to step straight down.

I'm planning to buy some of these tonight. I'm mounting them on a 108 width ski - do I go 100mm or 110mm? I was leaning towards 100mm but saw someone post a few pages back that they got the "L aka 100mm" and it's a perfect fit on a 112mm ski. But then I saw that the 100mm is actually the "M" size.

So anyone with the new Tectons comment on the brake width to go for?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I'm planning to buy some of these tonight. I'm mounting them on a 108 width ski - do I go 100mm or 110mm? I was leaning towards 100mm but saw someone post a few pages back that they got the "L aka 100mm" and it's a perfect fit on a 112mm ski. But then I saw that the 100mm is actually the "M" size.

So anyone with the new Tectons comment on the brake width to go for?
    Get the 100mm brakes. They do indeed clear up to right around 112mm with very minimal to no bending.

I have the 110mm on my 106’s. Fit perfect

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I have the 110mm on my 106’s. Fit perfect

Actually looking at them there is plenty of room for 100mm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606798533.983656.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	350588

Ok I got the 100's. Figured too that if I ever need to it's easier to make them wider than narrower! I skied Tectons for two days back when they first came out and loved em, but then sold that setup. Excited to get back on them again.

Just had two pre-releases this week due to the heel flipping up partially into walk mode while skiing. Once in moguls and a second time creek hopping out a skin track. Neither are good places to be free-heeling unexpectedly!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Visually there is nothing wrong with the bindings.

yeah, that sounds like something that would suck big time. Glad you are still in one piece (hopefully).

Is the forward pressure and din adjusted correctly for your bsl and weight?

As long as the bsl and din adjustment are correct what you describe shouldn't really be possible, unless there is something wrong with the horizonatal elasticity spring / mechanism in the rear.

The most likely culprit is the forward pressure - either that it is set for a slightly longer bsl or that there has been some migration - or/and that the din is off, though the din thing seems a bit more unlikely. Any rattling or weird sensations from the heel other than the obvious not retaining your heel?

I sometimes have it happen stepping in at transitions and it has invariably been caused by snow in the boot or binding causing the heel to shoot past the ledge of the boot. I have never had it happen when skiing except maybe 5 feet after the transition when I didn't pay enough attention.

Same, never had it happen or seen it happen mid run....doesn't seem physically possible

Fritschi Tecton

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    Just had two pre-releases this week due to the heel flipping up partially into walk mode while skiing. Once in moguls and a second time creek hopping out a skin track. Neither are good places to be free-heeling unexpectedly!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Visually there is nothing wrong with the bindings.
    I could see this happening if there’s ice/snow build up prior to clicking in and you didn’t click in all the way. I’ve never had prereleases with mine but I’ve noticed a couple times that my heel didn’t click in all the way on the first try.

I ski mine in the resort pretty frequently and charge, do drops, never had a pre release. Going into my second season with these bindings on 2 pairs of skis

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post

Do you have the newer 12’s with the power rail heel lock?

Not sure what you mean by power rail heel hooks but these were purchased last year and skied ~15 days.

I went over them in detail:
    - Forward pressure is spot on
    - DINs are set to my standard 9 (150lbs)
    - No unexpected clicks/movement in either binding

We tested pulling up the heel in a flexed ski position and there was movement towards walk mode but nothing that would allow the heel to eject like it has on snow. We think this is the most likely culprit: High flex + rapid extension = ejection.

Going to follow up with Fritschi on this because I’ve lost confidence in these as my 60/40 backcountry resort ski at this point.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  45.4 KB

I've noticed that there is a layer of snow that can build on the heel here. Maybe enough of a buildup there could cause the heel to not all the way engage leading to the unintentional tele-ing.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

This seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  45.4 KB

I've noticed that there is a layer of snow that can build on the heel here. Maybe enough of a buildup there could cause the heel to not all the way engage leading to the unintentional tele-ing.