Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Fritschi Tecton

Anyone know where spare Tecton, Vipec-Evo, or Vipec-black toe pieces can be had? I'd like to have a spare in my pack for multi-days.

Alternatively, are there any other bindings that have the same toe pattern? Skimo.co sells individual toe pieces, but I don't think any have the same mount pattern. https://skimo.co/binding-parts Obviously, this approach would be just for limping out of wherever, but using the same screw holes would make field swapping feasible.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Alternatively, are there any other bindings that have the same toe pattern?
    According to this, no: https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

A quick trip report on Tectons from a week in Iceland. I did put grease on the brake arms prior to the trip. No odd happenings or breakages during 6 days of touring in moderate temps and a consistent mix of hard and spring snow. No icing issues. I did take the time (when needed) to clean ice and snow out of the toe and scrape snow from where the brake pad meets the ski top. I had about 12 (shorter) days on them prior to going with no issues in colder (Vermont) temps. I have a set of EVO's from last year that I kept in anticipation of bringing to Iceland in case I needed to make a repair but forgot to bring them. Love the Tectons. They ski great (never had need for a release but I assume that they will do that when necessary) and tour very well. I'm using Scarpa F1's with them. Works for me. Still look brand new. No edge cuts or dings. I do not use them as everyday gear. Touring only. I'm sold on them as the best combination of lightweight, safety, downhill performance, touring performance, and user friendliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Choucas View Post
    A quick trip report on Tectons from a week in Iceland. I did put grease on the brake arms prior to the trip. No odd happenings or breakages during 6 days of touring in moderate temps and a consistent mix of hard and spring snow. No icing issues. I did take the time (when needed) to clean ice and snow out of the toe and scrape snow from where the brake pad meets the ski top. I had about 12 (shorter) days on them prior to going with no issues in colder (Vermont) temps. I have a set of EVO's from last year that I kept in anticipation of bringing to Iceland in case I needed to make a repair but forgot to bring them. Love the Tectons. They ski great (never had need for a release but I assume that they will do that when necessary) and tour very well. I'm using Scarpa F1's with them. Works for me. Still look brand new. No edge cuts or dings. I do not use them as everyday gear. Touring only. I'm sold on them as the best combination of lightweight, safety, downhill performance, touring performance, and user friendliness.
    I really like mine as well, but they are very far from being lightweight.

Quick Question

Hi Guys,

Just had a quick question (hopefully). I've been looking into these bindings, and a buddy of mine told me to be wary of them because of the amount of plastic in them. I'm a sort of bigger dude (6'5", 195ish), and was trying to find information on durability of these for larger folks. So far haven't been able to find anything, but was hoping someone would have some more info on this.

You know that acrylic plexiglas that's bullet proof and weighs half as much as bullet proof glass laminates? Yeah, it's plastic. Judging any product based on a vague material description is dumb. Look at Kingpins, its metal parts are breaking even more than its plastic parts. It's not 1985 anymore.

Some of the plastic parts break. Nothing in a way that renders the binding unuseable though; just inconvenience. Read the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by GareBear View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just had a quick question (hopefully). I've been looking into these bindings, and a buddy of mine told me to be wary of them because of the amount of plastic in them. I'm a sort of bigger dude (6'5", 195ish), and was trying to find information on durability of these for larger folks. So far haven't been able to find anything, but was hoping someone would have some more info on this.

OK, I'm making the switch to Tectons on a few set-ups for this winter. Was there any consensus from ya'll about the knee fall issues? Did the homebrew changes to the shape of the release trigger work out?
    Does anyone have a source for extra heel tracks? Pondering getting some extra for switching between skis....

Any other issues I should know about?
    Gravity always wins...

^^ I rarely had forward falls when skinning before, but just knowing that it might just be best to avoid the issue makes it a lot easier to not fall! Heh. Based on this thread, it doesn't appear to be a rampant problem.

By the end of last season I had them on two setups and I'm a huge fan so far. We'll see how the hold up over time but I'll take my chances over Kingpins.

Snowinn is selling Tecton's for $513 or $487 with a code. I bought 2 pair of Vert's there in the past with no problems but it's been a while. Anyone care to comment about recent purchases

I got a pair of Tectons from Snowinn last February and they came faster than I expected.

Keep in mind you don’t get a warranty with anything purchased from snowinn or any other unauthorized dealer as you’re not the technically the original purchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Keep in mind you don’t get a warranty with anything purchased from snowinn or any other unauthorized dealer as you’re not the technically the original purchaser.
    Huh. Do you have more info on this? They claim they are an authorized dealer of all brands they sell:

What is the Minimum Price Guarantee?
    As an official retailer of all our offered products, we must respect the given retail prices by the brand. If you find a better offer from another authorized web shop, please fill in completely the Minimum Price Guarantee form available at the product page. We will happily offer you the same price, if all following conditions are met:

The offer is from an official and authorized retailer of the mentioned brand. Any auction sites including eBay, amazon, Yahoo Auction, etc. cannot be considered.

The characteristics of the product must equal TOTALLY with the one offered by us, including the following: Brand, Model, Reference and Version, Options, Size, Colour, Availability etc., as well as any other conditions that could affect the final price like shipping costs, special offers, etc...

Maybe they are changing, but they also gernerally haven’t followed given retail products either.

Ordered Tectons from SnowInn one week ago. Showed up today. Seems legit.

My vipecs from snowing came pretty quick as well.
    I did punch in the toe of my Vulcan a bit.wasnt a fall. I just bent one knee to lean down to grab something out of my pack .put some weight on it but at the same time I was surprised how ez it deformed the boot. A lot of leverage. Curious how people’s release tab mods are working out. Vipec skied quite nice. I’d like to get some tectons next

I've made 6 or 7 buys from snowinn over the past 2 years. Never an issue. They are an authorized Fritschi dealer (see screenshot):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fritschi.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	244210

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Snowinn is selling Tecton's for $513 or $487 with a code. I bought 2 pair of Vert's there in the past with no problems but it's been a while. Anyone care to comment about recent purchases

Fritschi Tecton

Snowinn it is that is a big savings
    Any codes?
    Mounting on a pair of Zero G 108 from what I’ve read 100mm brake or is 110 safer

100mm brake should be fine for 108. They tend to run wide... if you do a thread search (since it's so long) there's a lot of discussion about this and someone even shared a chart, I believe.

I put 110s on BD Helio 116s and the just touch. Almost hang up, but not quite. I haven't bent them at all though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

More questions....
    I'm gazing at a fresh pair of Tectons waiting for a rainy day to be mounted(pics later) and I'm noticing that there's not much BSL adjustment. Maybe less than a centimeter. I was hoping to go all the way from 287 to just over 300, but I'm not sure it's possible if I respect the "Stop" marks on the heel track. Thoughts? I wrote BD about it and will post anything interesting that results.
    Gravity always wins...

i might misunderstand what you are trying to do - but i seem to recall that vipecs and tectons alike have 25mm adjustment within the standard rear mounting plate, so 12.5mm each way. As such, you should either be just outside of spec (but prob well within something you can run without issues) or have two options - buying the longer rear rental/demo plate for added adjustability (60mm or 30mm each way if my memory serves me right) or simply mount the rear mounting plate off set - meaning that the center is between the two "extremes" (mount the bindings at for instance 293mm bsl) giving you more than enough adjustability but still have the option to optimize the front for a specific boot and not go tweener with front, or go in between to minimize the front/rear bias. Obviously, the center point of the boot (if you are switching between boots) would also be off compared to where the bsl is supposed to be (unless you get demo binding fronts as well if there is such a thing, prob is), but i do not know how noticable that would be. Personally i would optimize the mounting for the boots you use the most or for the boots to be used on harder snow as a few mm off is less noticable in softer snow and a rear bias in softer snow seldomly is something overly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    100mm brake should be fine for 108. They tend to run wide... if you do a thread search (since it's so long) there's a lot of discussion about this and someone even shared a chart, I believe.
    I mounted 110 tecton brakes on 108 skis over the summer. Brakes were catching on each other skinning. Sounds like I should have bought narrower brakes and bent them out a little if needed. Anyone had issues doing that? I found the chart way far back, looks like I should be fine. I'm new to skinning though, so "suck less, they're fine" is a perfectly reasonable response too.

Also, anyone else had heavy snow buildup in the heelpiece prevent switching to walk mode? (I just engaged and released the heel 5-10x, but wasn't thrilled).

Finally, the fuck are the blue and yellow plastic things for? Didn't seem like I was missing any parts.

the orange accents that are on stock doesn't match perfectly with all skis/boots colorwise, so in case blue or yellow does and you are partial to color matching, Fritschi provides everything needed for color matching eh... yellow and blue gear accents with said yellow and blue bits. Thrilling i know.