Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Your pal Jesper makes some mighty fine looking steep turns, but judging by the amount of Salomon gear he's rocking, somebody has already noticed.
    Yeah, Jesper gets a fair bit of Salomon stuff to play with, Joel gets given the odd pair of skis too. And here I am buying gear like a schmuck, stealing my wife's skis occasionally. Ah well, c'est la vie. I have no great need for material wealth, when I have all of this spiritual and emotional wealth dripping from every pore.

Jesper actually made a possible first descent just the other day, with another rad skier called Tom Grant, of the west couloir on the Tour Noire, and the two dudes who opened this line, the Frigor, each made another first descent... Bruchez on the sunny side of the Argentiere basin, and Douds on the north face. So even though conditions are sub-optimal right now, there's still some pretty fucking exciting skiing to be done!

Really really cool

december's the new april.

Nice work dudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Amazing work, well done. Some serious puckering just watching that vid

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The place to be ?

Ducroz, Bruchez, Charlet and Grojean.

"Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Damn that looks gnarly. Looks steeper than 50 some of that. Maybe it's the shitty snow. This made me think of the "admit it you're getting older" thread. I think I prefer to just watch this stuff now. Sweet tr , thanks
    Yep, I was thinking that I would probably shit myself being in that couloir with boiler plate snow conditions. F- That!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Awesome video and pictures thank you for sharing. Also thanks for sharing the video of Wintergatan's Marble Machine that was very cool too!

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    The place to be ?

Ducroz, Bruchez, Charlet and Grojean.

Haha, yep, it seems our roundabout way of getting into the couloir is the new accepted approach for it!

Also worthy of note... they were still dicking about with ropes and headtorches and things to get down to the Mer de Glace when it got dark... whereas we, with our climb back up to the Grands Montets via the Drus approach couloir, were safely at home with a beer and sandwich by nightfall.

Sometimes it pays to suck it up and get some more exercise!
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too