NEWA/PANHANDLE ICE

AK transplant new to region, looking for some ice: pillars, waterfalls, roadside seeps, fkna!...... frozen moss 'n turf; any beta helpful......no passport so CAN is out for now, eh?
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Check in at cascadeclimbers.com
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

thanx, that GRINDER website wasnt working.....

I'm not an ice climber but I did live in spokane for a few years....

Seems like the falls below lower stevens lake on the ID/MT border were a very popular ice climbing destination. (it was also my favorite zone to backcountry ski)

I also had friends that ice climbed in the cabinets.

That's about all i know. I'd suggest quitting ice climbing as it looks miserable and wouldn't you rather ski anyways

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    .......wouldn't you rather ski anyways
    interesting point........................ive googled the webz far and wide, not much out there; after the tahoe-dirtpimps invaded CDA back in the late 80s, i think people are hesitant to rave about how fckna awesome it is up here, or else it sucks donkey ...............we'll know more later

The skiing is the best I've seen this time of year and you want to climb hard water? The fuck man.

12 thick inches this morn at 49N................... the steeper terrain enjoyable, more force than finesse and lots of bop-o-weasel with the shrubberies; not much open yet and light snow in the forecast, so, ya, looking to diversify my portfolio.....

Try heading west towards Banks Lake. Climbing on frozen seeps on the basalt cliffs. You can get an enhanced drivers license and go to Canada too.

thanx A-wri., im heading over to Stumptown and will take a look, promise i wont tell anybody ............. ask the women in your family to beware of skimo dentists driving chained-up prius, playing loud music in the back lot, it aint no good