Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I don't understand why manufacturers make 185+ women's skis. I'm sure there are a few women that are greatful but they often end up being closed out at Uber cheapè and bought by men. Nordica Wildfires have been floating around for similarly cheap and make a nice, lightweight bc ski.
    It seems like even 185cm+ men's skis are a hard sell.

Dark times we live in.

Im on the road and havent felt mine. How soft are they?

Going to flip mine. I'm in for $110 with tax so will sell for $110 + shipping. If no takers, I'll just take them back to Evo next week since I work in Seattle.

UPDATE: SKIS ARE SOLD.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 12-26-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by hhtele View Post
    I am looking for Adrenalines. I really don't see going up hill much on these, if ever. But I only have AT boots, and am thinking of inserting some skis for Adrenalines,
    Why not Wardens or Lords?

Yeah, I think I'm going to mount Wardens; seems like a decent fit for something that I'll usually ski inbounds/sidecountry.

Someone needs to measure out the mount line. If I remember correctly, Rossi put the recommended line at +1.5 ahead of the recommend line on the same ski on the mens version. That was a few seasons ago when I had the same ski in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Going to flip mine. I'm in for $110 with tax so will sell for $110 + shipping. If no takers, I'll just take them back to Evo next week since I work in Seattle.
    A little too soft for what you need?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    A little too soft for what you need?
    Yes and no. I owned a 188 Super 7 last year and these hand flex really close to those. They were an incredibly fun ski. Like a better S7. These would be a fun/finesse ski for me.

In reality, I won't ski these much, so someone else might as well enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Someone needs to measure out the mount line. If I remember correctly, Rossi put the recommended line at +1.5 ahead of the recommend line on the same ski on the mens version. That was a few seasons ago when I had the same ski in the shop.
    I just measured 87.7-cm from the tail to the zero line (straight pull of the tape).

I just measured 87.7-cm from the tail to the zero line (straight pull of the tape).
    I didn't measure my Star 7s, but they have 0 and -2 lines marked. Based on my past experience with Rossi's of this general design (orig Super 7, orig Squad 7), I'm mounting the Star 7s far back -- at least at the -2 mark.

If Dee Hubbs' comment about Rossi marking the women's skis at +1.5 ahead of the men's version, then I may be moving that even further back.

Anyone have a measurement for the current 188 Super 7 manufacturer mount point?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

If you only see 0 and -2 on the Stars, my guess would be those same marks are on the Men's Super 7 they would have the same marks in the same position just listed at +2 and 0.

If you only see 0 and -2 on the Stars, my guess would be those same marks are on the Men's Super 7 they would have the same marks in the same position just listed at +2 and 0.
    That makes sense. IIRC the 0 line had a molded-in indentation, in addition to the graphics marking it as 0.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

that's the junk in the trunk line

Just measured the mount line on the super and the Star 7 that just arrived, they are the same.
    yes measured both last years super 7 in 188 and my star 7.
    Last edited by mjp; 12-22-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Just measured the mount line on the super and the Star 7 that just arrived, they are the same.
    Same length on both, I assume?

PSA Rossi Super/Star 7s 188 $99 new

Hoping this is true for the 180/178 lengths as well.

Also for any who are interested I am putting a carbon fiber vinyl topsheet on the pair I got for my dad, will post results when I'm finished

Pfft, carbon fiber sticker...

Everyone must get this sticker for their new purchase.

$1.20/ea if we get a group buy.

Wearing high tops no less. No doubt the footwear of Eric The Great.

Hand flex is soft. Glue is drying tonight and will tele on these in the am.
    Must say softer that I was hoping for . But old tele skis were as soft. 104 bucks I will make them work for a while.

Mine arrived today. Have zero idears on what or where to mount. I gots no experience with this +1/-2 bullsheet. Guess I'll wait for the guineapig reports

I'll see your unicorn/viking sticker and raise.

My pair has officially been SOLD.

Dropped mine off to get mounted this morning (FKS 12's). Going on the -2 line after doing my "stand on em in socks and see what looks right" test, will report back. Hopefully I will get on them this weekend. I was going to paint them sweet, but now thinking I'll go duct tape over the Star and write Super in Sharpie haha!

That sticker is amazing TriU!
    Keep it unclipped

Skied the man stars today at Loveland. They opened a chair today, so uncut plus 6-8 last night. They skied great. I was a little nervous about the soft hand flex, but also flexed a pair of Super 7 today and they felt about the same. Great ski, skied them pretty wide open today in good powder, handled it well, stable and the tail held fine. They are much guicker and turnier than my normal powder ski(hokaido). I think these are going to make a great playful, turny powder ski. Lent them to a friend for 2 laps and he is 225+lbs and he liked them also also.
    Here is the blacked out version
    Best looking skis I have.
    I mounted them at -1 they handled everything great today, powder, rail soft groomers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4605.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	195813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4605.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	195813

Look good. How much do you weigh/ how tall are you?