Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    What did you use to cover the topsheets?
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Dig the blacked out look.

Mine showed up today and they're keepers. Or at least not flipping them straight off.

putting some dynafidds on there and gonna make the a toury pow ski.

So a little about me 6ft 175, ex ncaa 1 ski racer, 45years old. ski 40-60 days per year, 60% bc 40% area.
    Use to like stiff ski, big side cut skis. Now mostly ski LL and tour becuase of trafic, don't mind some what softer skis. Don;t like noodles or hooky skis
    Current Quiver is quite diverse
    183 Sally QLabs, 104 stiffest ski
    188 Soul 7
    189 Dynafit Hokaido mounted alpine
    188 Man 7s
    186 Voile v8 touring

The Souls, the Mans & and the Voile ski similar

Krylon SuperMax all in one spary paint, light sand with 220 and 400, 2 coats only. After 4hrs still look great

Pfft, black Krylon??!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

Everyone must get this sticker for their new purchase.

$1.20/ea if we get a group buy.
    Hokay I'ma gonna buy a dozen of these muthafuckas for myself and anyone else who wants to make their Rossi Stars all manly, cuz' ya know what?

There's nothin' more manly than a muthafuckin' VIKING shooting muthafuckin' LIGHTNING outta his muthafuckin' AK47 while wearing muthafuckin' RED HIGHTOPS carrying a muthafuckin' WOODEN SHIELD FULLA ARROWS FROM HIS VANQUISHED ENEMIES...

while riding a muthafuckin' UNICORN shitting muthafuckin' RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!1111111!1!

...PM me with your addy if you want me to send you one.

So I mounted these with G3 tele and skied them today.
    If some one wants to sell these let me known. Mostly fast groomers and wind blown and they did not have a speed limit.
    bEST 100 bones for a ski I ever spent !

Ps love the sticker tri

That sticker is awesome!

Damn, shoulda jumped on this, those blacked look pimp! I want that sticker. How do you get?!?!

Good to go

PSA Rossi Super/Star 7s 188 $99 new

Turned out really good, very pleased with the results. Used some vvivid 3D carbon fiber vinyl from amazon. Prepped the topsheet and sidewalls by rubbing with a microfiber cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Then applied the vinyl. Used a hot hair dryer for the edges, definitely need heat. Didn't figure out till the end that it works really well if you give enough overlap to pull on the edges and really stretch it at the curves for the tips and tails. Went through 5 xacto hobby knife blades to trim excess (needed the super sharp edge to cut easily and precisely). Touched up imperfections on the white tip and tail sidewalls with a black sharpie.

All in all took about 6 hours, but I'm a perfectionist. Time will tell how they hold up to use, also interested to see how they collect snow or not. Pops is stoked to get on them, old MSU alum. These are 180s (Got them for $230 over the summer), mounted them at -.5. Line on these is at 100.5cm from the tip, which is decently further back comparatively (scaled) to my other skis (GPO, BG, Concepts). Doing some research, it seems the 188s also have their line 100 cm back from the tip of the skis, which is why it'd make sense to mount that length at -2 or so.

Carbon fiber doesn't photograph well, but looks fantastic in person. Honestly one of my favorite looking pairs of skis, simple but I like it.

Those look awesome man! I wish I would've got in on this deal.

The black krylon and the carbon fibre libre both look fantastic, but the sticker wins it all

anyone willing to flip a pair? man this WAS a kick ss deal!

I'm kind of on the fence about mine; I'm 5'9", 180, and my everyday inbounds ski is a 180 Sin 7. I'm starting to think 188 would be too much to push around in the trees, where I tend to spend a lot of time. I'm not that interested in flipping for cash, but if someone had a similar setup in the 180-185 range I'd be interested. I also have a set of Guardian 16s I could throw in if you have a powder ski/binder combo on offer. If I can't find a swap I'll probably mount 'em and see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Pfft, black Krylon??!?!?!

Hokay I'ma gonna buy a dozen of these muthafuckas for myself and anyone else who wants to make their Rossi Stars all manly, cuz' ya know what?

There's nothin' more manly than a muthafuckin' VIKING shooting muthafuckin' LIGHTNING outta his muthafuckin' AK47 while wearing muthafuckin' RED HIGHTOPS carrying a muthafuckin' WOODEN SHIELD FULLA ARROWS FROM HIS VANQUISHED ENEMIES...

while riding a muthafuckin' UNICORN shitting muthafuckin' RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!1111111!1!

...PM me with your addy if you want me to send you one.
    Pm sent for a rainbow Viking unicorn warrior sticky thing. Thanks mang.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

If anyone wants to flip I am interested

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence about mine; I'm 5'9", 180, and my everyday inbounds ski is a 180 Sin 7. I'm starting to think 188 would be too much to push around in the trees, where I tend to spend a lot of time. I'm not that interested in flipping for cash, but if someone had a similar setup in the 180-185 range I'd be interested. I also have a set of Guardian 16s I could throw in if you have a powder ski/binder combo on offer. If I can't find a swap I'll probably mount 'em and see how they do.
    They be fine as a pow ski, in the woods. I'm 6'1 and 225, passed on this deal because this is not enough ski for me inbounds in the East, and too heavy to be light touring ski. Really easy to ski on, should be fine in the woods, especially with only a 12 or 13 din light binding.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 12-27-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It seems like even 185cm+ men's skis are a hard sell.

Dark times we live in.
    I was just at a big demo, had to go around asking for 190's, they had nothing. Took out some 187 armada 99ti's and they were toys. Just mounted up some 193 enforcers -2cm with sth2 16's, they are light and a bit too easy to ski on so far, heh.

Anyone have buyers remorse?

Really want a pair of Soul 7's but can't find any left in a long length.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

My brother picked up a pair and improved their look substantially.

Those actually look pretty good

Those looking for a ski flipper, I think I am going to let go of my pair. Skied them a couple times, just not my type of ski. Here are the details:

Drilled at 0 mark for Dynafit Vertical 287mm. These should DEF be mounted at -2. If you plan on mounting any alpine-ish binding on here at -2 you will have nothing close to a hole conflict what with the narrow pattern of the Dynafit, my short BSL, and the 0 mount.

I also got these at the tail end of their availability. They weren't $99 for me, but $159 after tax. I will put these out there for $140 shipped CONUS.

I also have a set of Alpinist LT skins trimmed for these, but have a new ski of about the same dimension that I will be using. So if you really want some trimmed to fit skins, I could throw these in for their sticker price. PM for deets.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    Those looking for a ski flipper, I think I am going to let go of my pair. Skied them a couple times, just not my type of ski. Here are the details:

Drilled at 0 mark for Dynafit Vertical 287mm. These should DEF be mounted at -2. If you plan on mounting any alpine-ish binding on here at -2 you will have nothing close to a hole conflict what with the narrow pattern of the Dynafit, my short BSL, and the 0 mount.

I also got these at the tail end of their availability. They weren't $99 for me, but $159 after tax. I will put these out there for $140 shipped CONUS.

I also have a set of Alpinist LT skins trimmed for these, but have a new ski of about the same dimension that I will be using. So if you really want some trimmed to fit skins, I could throw these in for their sticker price. PM for deets.
    Pm sent

Whelp, I mounted them up with Guardians at -2 and after a couple of shakedown runs this weekend I'm happy with them. I'm 5'9" and 180; these are longer than I'd usually ski but the low swing weight and rocker in the tip/tail made them pretty easy to throw around.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Turned out really good, very pleased with the results. Used some vvivid 3D carbon fiber vinyl from amazon. Prepped the topsheet and sidewalls by rubbing with a microfiber cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Then applied the vinyl. Used a hot hair dryer for the edges, definitely need heat. Didn't figure out till the end that it works really well if you give enough overlap to pull on the edges and really stretch it at the curves for the tips and tails. Went through 5 xacto hobby knife blades to trim excess (needed the super sharp edge to cut easily and precisely). Touched up imperfections on the white tip and tail sidewalls with a black sharpie.

All in all took about 6 hours, but I'm a perfectionist. Time will tell how they hold up to use, also interested to see how they collect snow or not. Pops is stoked to get on them, old MSU alum. These are 180s (Got them for $230 over the summer), mounted them at -.5. Line on these is at 100.5cm from the tip, which is decently further back comparatively (scaled) to my other skis (GPO, BG, Concepts). Doing some research, it seems the 188s also have their line 100 cm back from the tip of the skis, which is why it'd make sense to mount that length at -2 or so.

Carbon fiber doesn't photograph well, but looks fantastic in person. Honestly one of my favorite looking pairs of skis, simple but I like it.

Hey man these things came out great. How much material did you buy? And in what length?
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

PSA Rossi Super/Star 7s 188 $99 new

I bought two 1.5x5 foot rolls. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L9...TF8&psc=1&th=1

You only need two 1x5ft rolls, but I wanted extra in case I screwed up.

Cut the rolls into 6 inch wide strips, for one ski two strips 42 inches or so. Overlapped them an inch near the boot center mark.

I ended up spreading some automotive goop on the tips and tails to try and Prevent them from peeling. Not sure if that was the right material choice, slow set epoxy would be better probably