Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winecabin View Post
    I guess some people like the attention?
    I believe this is it. Look at me. Look at me.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Jesus there are some old crumugidy farts on this board... I play music (so only I can hear it) so I dont have to talk to some race DBag or most resort skiers about my water skis on the chair... The only real part about skiing I dislike is someone wanting to chit chat on the chair that I dont know...

Its always the same remarks - What type fo skis are those...? Can you ski those on groomers...? Arent those powder skis...? Where are you from...? Blah... Blah... Blah...

On 3 P. What? O N 3 P. What's that? Then you try to explain the name ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    It's almost as bad as loud motorcycles.

I lived right on Broadway in Saratoga Springs for three years, balcony over the main drag. This was pre recession, 04-07, so the white working class Trump voter was still rolling in fictional dough from loans off there shitty little houses, and riding Harleys en mass. And they had jobs. A favorite destination was along Broadway all summer weekends, where they stood around and said, nice bike, nice bike, and not much else, because they couldn't drink too much - they had to ride an hour or two home in the dark. Right under my window.

Anyway, one real nice Sunday evening I hear one of those things start up across the street, sounding like a small war, and it continues for over a minute, which is a long time. I look out, and there's asshole rider perched on the thing carrying on a conversation with his asshole buddy, both SHOUTING AS LOUDLY AS THEY CAN because he was making war noises with his Harley. I was stunned. It went on for five minutes. Still, to this day, the most obnoxious public noise thing I've had to endure, and I remember warring boom boxes in Central Park in the early eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's a hell of a song.
    Agreed.

Just say no to lamé
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Headphones or helmet tunes? If not, how do you play music so you can hear it but others can't? I don't know if you're and asshole but you sound like one.
    So does this mean we wont be ski buddies...? And like i said if you think I am an asshole than that is def cool with me... Enjoy your season and will def be thinking of you on the chair tomorrow kicking it to Led Zepplin...

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    On 3 P. What? O N 3 P. What's that? Then you try to explain the name ad infinitum.

Yep... And it goes on to never heard of them and than goes to - "is that like a garage ski..."?

Garageski was a punchline to an old Polish joke.

So does this mean we wont be ski buddies...? And like i said if you think I am an asshole than that is def cool with me... Enjoy your season and will def be thinking of you on the chair tomorrow kicking it to Led Zepplin...
    I'll be skiing cold smoke tomorrow with my friends and definitely won't be thinking of you.

I'll be skiing cold smoke tomorrow with my friends and definitely won't be thinking of you.
    Well that makes me sad...! Enjoy your cold smoke and friends...
    Garageski was a punchline to an old Polish joke.
    Sorry I am not Polish, but an asshole...!

This is my current solution for music. Most comfortable I could find. Hate earbuds.

http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/...-communication

I don't know about music but the best lift conversations are the ones had after the first few runs on a deep day. Happiness, giggles and shit eating grins all around. Foreign diplomacy should happen then.

...both SHOUTING AS LOUDLY AS THEY CAN because he was making war noises with his Harley. I was stunned. It went on for five minutes...
    Like all those peeps that get to the front at a gig, and then start chatting...???
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I don't know about music...
    It's this rhythmic vibration that we can perceive with our ear holes.
    I don't know about cars...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

aw dang! i really like blasting Beastie Boys and Rolling Stones in the back lot after chairs closed and the sun going down: rippin' down a little rainier and KGB; all those girls that like to party stoppin by to take a look........you sayin' that aint cool no more?! fkna
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Parking lot music is fine if it's shared taste, if not, then not so much.

I've applied the South Park death metal theory and cleared out the Loveland lot when surrounded by half dozen hippies and wiggers playing their shit. Little 8 Foot Sativa did the trick.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf63lPwiUjY

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    aw dang! i really like blasting Beastie Boys and Rolling Stones in the back lot after chairs closed and the sun going down: rippin' down a little rainier and KGB; all those girls that like to party stoppin by to take a look........you sayin' that aint cool no more?! fkna
    No that sounds fucking cool. Can I come?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Try asking "Could you turn that off please? It's really annoying." 100% success rate in my experience. Works for kids on the bus too. You sometimes get a "thank you" from other passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Jesus, thats been a while. FKNA

I think I did have that song (the original) in my playlist like 5 times over.

Oh high school! Chainz and dorags, white Ts and 59fiftys, rap battles in the parking lot and friends who called their braces grillz. No wonder my parents just shook their head and laughed.
    Last edited by Phill; 12-16-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

See skis like these here in the NC Mountains all the time. on a 50 degree feb day on a thin ribbon of manmade. On the lift I'll ask the guy " hey you gettin good float outta those today?"
    "Can't you see..."

Starting to see it at Bridger now. Mostly park rats with shitty rap (and I like rap, well hip hop). As far as parking lot music, old fucks need to go to sleep! I ride solo a lot and always at least try to have a nice conversation although it was hard the other day with snap chat this and Instagram that. Whatever I'm going to freeze my balls off now

I can't see shit.
    It's invisible ink made from lemon juice. If you heat your screen with a lighter you'll be able to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    See skis like these here in the NC Mountains all the time. on a 50 degree feb day on a thin ribbon of manmade. On the lift I'll ask the guy " hey you gettin good float outta those today?"

Damien Sanders would consider it an excellent eastern tree ski in its longest length.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    No that sounds fucking cool. Can I come?

bring beer, we're running low.......
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

"Gang motto"

Every day, without fail.

Yesterday, a pair of old guys with matching soul 7s asked my gf and I, "Are those Armada skis?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Jesus, thats been a while. FKNA

I think I did have that song (the original) in my playlist like 5 times over.

Oh high school! Chainz and dorags, white Ts and 59fiftys, rap battles in the parking lot and friends who called their braces grillz. No wonder my parents just shook their head and laughed.
    I'm a marginal rider with pape's and a lighter, but my friend's a pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point