Keerist people, use your fucking heads.

JACKSON, Wyo. (AP) — The Bridger-Teton Avalanche Center says outdoor recreationists reported triggering 10 avalanches over the weekend.

Avalanche forecaster Bob Comey tells the Jackson Hole News and Guide (bit.ly/2hJoTNP) that five people were caught in snow slides but none were injured.

Up to 30 inches of snow fell in some places on Saturday and accompanying winds created dangerous conditions.

Skiers triggered seven of the slides. A group of three skiers were caught in an avalanche near Togwotee Pass. Two were able to dig themselves out and they were able to dig out the third person, who was buried up to his neck.

Comey says two snowboarders were caught in a slide on the south side of Teton Pass. One was completely buried.

Jackson Hole Mountain Resort reported three skier-caused avalanches. The resort intentionally set off nearly 60 slides over the weekend.
    http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...bb07483c4.html
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Jeebus
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just how we roll.

good one

But no one died! That means we're all making good decisions, right? And all our beacon/probe/shovel/airbag/avalung/spot gadgets worked to make us safe! Bring on another 30", and a bunch more wind, woohoo!

Keep tickling that dragon. Soon enough he'll wake up.

Here, let me ski cut this real quick.
    http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/c...909c190b8.html
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Another foot plus this week through weekend in Colorado. Things will be spicy again this weekend in the BC. I think last week's numbers were 12 skier triggered avalanches and 5 people got caught. Not sure what it takes to make people rethink their decisions.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by wyosam View Post
    But no one died! That means we're all making good decisions, right? And all our beacon/probe/shovel/airbag/avalung/spot gadgets worked to make us safe! Bring on another 30", and a bunch more wind, woohoo!

One the most famous skiers ,who died in Avalanche ,told me 1st person>he does the Human Bomb test,to check fresh side-country and slopes....he was crushed in a collier ,on a super Red Flag day.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I'm getting worried that Darwin maybe right....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I'm getting worried that Darwin maybe right....
    He may well be...which means only a few more millennia before we weed out the idiots.

7/10 were skier triggered.

excellent work. shifting the stats away from sledders.

the 2 stroke community thanks you for your service.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    7/10 were skier triggered.
    excellent work. shifting the stats away from sledders.
    the 2 stroke community thanks you for your service.
    Sledders just don't possess the elite athleticism and years of riding at the resort to know how to ride risky slopes on high danger days. Sadly, they will never get a coveted Red Bull sponsorships and have to make do a Monster sponsorship.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.