Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Watch these ladies hop!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Is it really so important to find this particular channel?

I miss the 20 minute work out show.
    watch out for snakes

I miss turning the channel to a movie and just watching. I'm much less discerning in that scenario. Now, I go on Netflix, spend an hour going through the options and watching trailers and end up not watching anything.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I miss turning the channel to a movie and just watching. I'm much less discerning in that scenario. Now, I go on Netflix, spend an hour going through the options and watching trailers and end up not watching anything.
    Heh. John Oliver came back last week and at some point in the episode he said that America's most popular form of entertainment right now is spending 45 minutes scrolling through Netflix before deciding not to watch anything.

I do like the digital antenna and the free TV it offers. Some good old programing out there.
    watch out for snakes

^ the cowboys on grit monday night FTMFW. Dial stopped there.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by WooodSI View Post
    If he hadn't asked I wouldn't have just spent an hour watching chicks in leotards.

BTW, got any naked pictures of your wife? If not, GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I do like the digital antenna and the free TV it offers. Some good old programing out there.
    Ya, I wish VT terrain was more friendly to digital OTA. We would need a repeater on every single little mole hill and pimple to get coverage.

Is it really so important to find this particular channel? It's just so easy to get access to the Internet now where you can find almost everything. There are a huge number of alternatives to cable TV that are much better. Six months ago, I connected my parents to tv streaming services and they are happy. Now they can watch what they want and when they want. They don't have to pay a lot of money on cable TV. This is the future, and simple television is the last century

Reading is to the mind what Calvin's are to the body

nothing gets between me and my calvin's

I love me some Brooke
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^ "If my ass could talk it would scream "GET ME OUTTA HERE"
    "Can't you see..."

Back in the day, before cable became widespread there were a bunch of pay services that sprung up. They broadcasted a scrambled signal over the old UHF band and you needed a box to unscramble the signal. I was in Chicago at the time and the one I remember was ONTV which became famous as the first pay tv service to air Star Wars Episode 4. The one the OP is describing sounds familiar but I can't be sure, I think many of these were local/regional.

And now back to the exercise videos.

FWIW, one of the stars of those was in the first Terminator movie. Things didn't go very well for her though.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    My ex GF was in one of those Aerobicize thingys. The second one, I seem to recall.
    I had forgotten this thread. Anywho, here's a sequence the bitch I wrote of previously was in, beginning at 1:42 minutes- she'll be the one on the left initially, until they start rotating the camera angles. She was, maybe, seventeen at the time that this was filmed. I met her a couple of years later.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

You must have been having good sex...at least for a while.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by WooodSI View Post

Way to not answer the question after four years of silence
    . . .

Ha! Bunion posted the same fucking link four years earlier. I guess I didn't re-visit this after I posted until today.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Back in the day, before cable became widespread there were a bunch of pay services that sprung up. They broadcasted a scrambled signal over the old UHF band and you needed a box to unscramble the signal. I was in Chicago at the time and the one I remember was ONTV which became famous as the first pay tv service to air Star Wars Episode 4. The one the OP is describing sounds familiar but I can't be sure, I think many of these were local/regional.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that must be the case.

I remember spending huge amounts of time finding the sweet spot between 53 and 54 on the cable dial where the signal of Playboy channel would unscramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    a scrambled signal over the old UHF band and you needed a box to unscramble
    That was a joke. 2ft of antenna wire and a iittle bit of tin foil and you got it just fine. Alligator clips so you could migrate from one TV to another.

Ironies of Ironies for many years I did the tax work for the entities that (still) own that technology. Well, invented it anyway.
    "Can't you see..."

I remember when Cablevision first started in NY they had a wired 30 or 45 channel box, it didn't take me long to figure out that each button was tune able and the channels you didn't pay for were just not tuned in. I set up both boxes in the house with all channels available at the time and as channels were added tuned them in too. Eventually they put filters on the line, I'd climb the pole and remove the filters, when they went to tamper proof connections I made a tool to remove them. When they went to wireless remote scrambled boxes I found a guy that sold descramblers for less than $100 that would unscramble everything including Pay per view. I think that box lasted 15 years before I sold it when I moved. I sold a few descramblers and could sold many more but didn't.

Now that’s impressive.

Ivy parents had one of these:

Name:  il_570xN.568007296_2kya.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  18.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Ivy parents had one of these:

Name:  il_570xN.568007296_2kya.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  18.2 KB
    We had that and the one with the slide across. And long ass cords. Like the kitchen telephone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

that's the box, Jerrold 400? I fixed them for all my friends too