Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Six non stops a day LAX to ASE, which is only three miles from Aspen.
    this is a good thought. ASE is a pain and a fortune to get to from most places, but apparently not from LA.

In general though, Whistler or any of the high resorts in Utah or Colorado could have great conditions or shitty conditions in April. Either way until much later to make definitive plans, or just pick it based on flights (combination of easy access, i.e., Aspen recommendation above, and low cost) and then hope for the best. At Aspen, you are minutes to the hill. SLC airport to Little Cotton Canyon isn't that easy, but pretty easy. It's a bit more work still to get from Vancouver to Whistler (Van is a helluva city though if you can fit 24-48 hours in there, however).

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    you remind me of a crusty old man.....weather is weather and it could be hit or miss at alta or whistler
    Lol weather is not weather. I don't know if you know this but different places around the world have different weather from each other. Whistler weather is NOT the same as Alta weather, and vice versa. One is known for year round rain and fog, and the other is known only for powder and sun..... "Weather is weather" ump, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I've lived in Whistler for 15 years and I'm a little confused about the 30 miles to the sea comment? I also opened google maps and drew a 60mile radius around Whistler looking for the sea?
    There I helped you. You need anymore help using the interwebz you let me know. It can be tricky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picfordumbass.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	195031

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyLilKitten View Post
    Lol weather is not weather. I don't know if you know this but different places around the world have different weather from each other. Whistler weather is NOT the same as Alta weather, and vice versa. One is know for year round rain and fog, and the other is known only for powder and sun..... "Weather is weather" ump, idiot.
    did a dirty aussie in whistler steal your girl? you're pretty fired up about this.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't matter. Unless you're a beginner you're not going to be doing much skiing on the bottom of the mountain.
    Beginner runs from the top of both peaks all the way to the valley floor.

I've been to Whistler twice in spring. Early April and late March I think. We got a 30cm storm both trips. The one that started with snow was awesome, with cold temps mid mountain an up. Wintery powder transitioning to corn mid mountain. Downloading only that year.

The other year it was groomer city except the very top 700' of Blackcomb and in the glacier. We got an inch here and there that improved things down to the base of the mid mountain lifts by mid week, but still mostly piste and bump style skiing. Then we got a dump on the last day. That year there was enough snow to ski down to the base, but on the way in at the end of the day it was like water skiing. The snow was so slushy, you could see a foot down into and see the grass below. Those type of slush bumps were super fun.

I've only been in LCC in winter and it was awesome.

Not sure how Alta spring skis, but with all the aspect and elevation at Whistler, it is hard not to find fun snow some where on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    did a dirty aussie in whistler steal your girl? you're pretty fired up about this.
    Likely this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    this is a good thought. ASE is a pain and a fortune to get to from most places, but apparently not from LA.
    During the peak season, sure, but most of the seasonal flights end around the end of March. Still, if you can fly right into ASE it's pretty damned convenient even if there are only a couple flights per day. Whether the flights are affordable is another story.

They still have directs on the 2nd out bound, but the return on the 10th would have to connect.
    I've seen them as low as $220rt from LAX and $328 from ORD.

Are you going on this trip to ski hard all day, have some food and a couple beers and get to bed (probably alone) reasonably early or are you going to ski, party, chase strange, oversleep and overpay to be part of a "scene".

I'll let you guess which is which, and make your decision depending on what kind of trip you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

if you surveyed 100 trips in April of both, you'd have far more positive SKIING EXPERIENCES at Alta for that time of year. The chances of it being "bad" are pretty low in LCC for then.

There I helped you. You need anymore help using the interwebz you let me know. It can be tricky.

Name:	picfordumbass.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	195031
    let me help you, do you know the difference between an inlet, a sound, a straight and an ocean? no, no you don't...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    let me help you, do you know the difference between an inlet, a sound, a straight and an ocean? no, no you don't...
    Let me help you, do you? As I stated Whistler is less than 30 miles from the sea. As you can see Squamish sits on Howe Sound on the SEA-To-Sky Highway. Howe Sound is part of the Straight of Georgia which is part of the Salish SEA.... Are you starting to pick up on the keywords here? Learn how to internetz idiot.

What's the matter porky, you have a tough nite at the black jack table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Been to both in April. Could be great, could be not so great. Prolly better chance of being great in Whistler.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I've skied SLC probably 6 trips in the last 10 years, all the end of march-beginning of april. Only had 1 year with no powder, and we had spring skiing that year (snowed 17" the day we left). Don't know if its still the case, but some of the areas reduced ticket prices after 4/1

Alta hands down for powder. Whistler will likely be raining to the top by early April.

Lol weather is not weather. I don't know if you know this but different places around the world have different weather from each other. Whistler weather is NOT the same as Alta weather, and vice versa. One is known for year round rain and fog, and the other is known only for powder and sun..... "Weather is weather" ump, idiot.
    Is it too early to post this weeks weather forecasts yet? Or how about the historical snow fall for March leading up to this week?
    Here is Alta in March:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.50.29 AM.png
Views: 502
Size:  43.8 KB
    OR Whistler in March:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.50.18 AM.png
Views: 493
Size:  54.1 KB
    Alta's forecast for the week in question:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.41.21 AM.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	969.8 KB 
ID:	203684
    Whistler's forecast for the week in question:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.39.44 AM.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	203685

Yeah, but there might be some light rain down in the village, so... looks like Whistler won this one. That March snow fall looks nice.

The year I was there that is snowed lightly ever day from mid mountain and up, it was dry down in the village. Which was good, because it was warm down there. There was a shitty icy fog layer down low in the mornings, but we would lift above that and into light snow about 2K up.

Better than what Squaw or Mammy looks this week as well. Not quite spring skiing inbounds. Touring looks excellent tho.

Fast & Firm in LCC at the moment. Maybe good corn skiing on S facing stuff by Friday. Potential for a big weekend storm.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I checked the weather for that exact date.

It's going to nuke pow in Whistler, but you're going to be at Alta.

Sorry about your luck bro.
    So good 10/10
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Whistler in April for best snow conditions? HAHAHAHAHA!! What these people aren't telling you is it can rain from bottom to top at Whistler in FEBRUARY. In April it is a down right slush fest.... The best powder conditions I have ever had were at LCC in April. Skiing is done for the season for most people so no one is on the mountain yet the storms dump then in LCC. Every year April is awesome powder skiing in LCC.... I would also take Mammoth or Squaw over Whistler in April but at those two it is usually less about good powder conditions and more about really awesome fun spring skiing conditions (corn, sun, ect). Whistler is probably one of the last places on the continent I would ski in April (and if I did it certainly wouldn't be for powder).

... Oh and if you are flying from Europe then another thing to consider is that LCC is much more convenient.
    I bet you've never even been to whistler
    You sound like a Jong fool.

Alta isn't that fucking great.
    Zone Controller

Still smarting about that $37?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Let the record show the fluffy douchemonster is a butthurt jong fool.

Alta is for people like him.

Whistler ftw in spring.

Well i hope the pick was Alta. Its going to dump in Epic proportions this weekend. Sat-mon should be as good as it gets..cold air, tons of moisture.... yeah buddy

he better have chosen whistler or he is a fool
    Zone Controller