Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCentralShralper View Post
    Attachment 197621
    Boom

BTW- when I ordered they said the boots just arrived from Dynafit...
    That's just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over! I too was worried about trying to find an older pair as a backup, now I don't have to, awesomeness
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Dynafit had to backfill their NA inventory from their Europe inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-322/Vulcan-Ski-Boots

looks like this^^ pict of to me with the latest Vulcan with the FG cuff
    But an all black, not green, cuff, which is the point.

Seems totally weird that all of a sudden, without any other info, new carbon Vulcans with the yellow buckles would just start showing up. I hope this isn't some one-time anomaly

Ok you got a point there, so while the green is a different shade the back of the cuff is the black carbon weave which should carry on for the inside of the cuff

maybe they ran out of parts or wanted to use up old parts OR ... who the fuck nose with Dynafit?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quotes from a December 2015 article in Mountain Life magazine about Hoji (just was reading it today):

“I didn’t design the Vulcan, but I feel like they listened to me,”

“This next boot I’m working on is where everything clicked for me,”

After two years of his own hard passion and hundreds of hours in The Cage, Hoji’s boot works perfectly. Dynafit has already signed on and the unnamed, top secret touring boot will one day be a game changer for hard charging, backcountry skiers around the globe.

http://www.mountainlifemedia.ca/2015...c-hjorleifson/

Wouldn't that be the Khion?

^^Hoji posted on here that he didn't have any real involvement with the Khion.

Can't wait for the new Vulcan!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

which means he wouldn't have had any involvement in the Beast either

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    Wouldn't that be the Khion?
    The Khion was on the market well before this article came out

Great article on Hoji. What an inspiration he is. We're so lucky to be alive and skiing during a time when all these gear advancements are happening.

What's interesting about me getting a pair of Carbon Vulcans is that even though they said they came straight from Dynafit, Dynafit website still shows the FG model.
    I wonder if they carbons are new replacements or old...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    "the vulcan was acompromise" I am not really understanding what you are trying to say ??
    Compromise between what Hoji was passing along and what Dynafit ended up delivering on. He basically says as much in the Mountain Life article.

And yah the Beast might be a good boot for some but still ramp me forwards like ballet shoes. Plus like the Titan it suffers from buckle/shell rub when flexing forward in tour mode. In fact to me it feels exactly like the Titan: stiff and without progressive flex. Good if you're 200lbs+ I guess. Me, I got myself a nice pair of Mtn Labs and have never felt so good in a pair of touring boots. I also finally put shims under my Radical toes. Still not neutral but my knees sure feel a lot better.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCentralShralper View Post
    Attachment 197621
    Boom

BTW- when I ordered they said the boots just arrived from Dynafit...
    Wher did you buy those from? I just pulled the trigger on a pair from Snowinn, the picture shows the green fiberglass cuff. Curious what to expect. Time will tell, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by thewestisthefuture View Post
    Wher did you buy those from? I just pulled the trigger on a pair from Snowinn, the picture shows the green fiberglass cuff. Curious what to expect. Time will tell, I guess...
    Hey let us known how long it takes to get those?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Sure thing. Stated delivery date is mid-February.

Cripple Creek has them at full price. SnowInn has them at half price. Not which ones the SnowInn ones are: FG or Carbon

Just spoke to my Dynafit rep who says that the Vulcan is being continued for 17/18 (well at least in Yurp) but it will have a carbon cuff as per the original but with the liner & the removeable stops as on the FG version.

Just confirmed that SnowInn's Vulcans are carbon. They have a great price on them if you don't mind the wait shipping from Europe.

I wonder if dynafit got a clue and realized that they can probably sell every Vulcan they can make ?
    the Snowinn price of 682 can is not too bad ... down from the ridiculous price of 1069
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-30-2017 at 10:19 PM.

our local shop (NorCal) just received a run of the new/old Vulcan with carbon cuff priced at $995. I'm still confused, is the new Hoji designed boot replacing this for next season?? Debating getting a pair now or waiting until next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    .......I'm still confused, is the new Hoji designed boot replacing this for next season?? Debating getting a pair now or waiting until next year...
    Spoke to my Dynafit rep yesterday re this & there's no new Hoji boot for 17/18.

Just got my warranty replacement Vulcans - they are the new model with a carbon cuff. Will post any difference in feel after this storm rolls through.

And a big shout out to Salewa/Dynafit on the service for replacement of my boots. Top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by thewestisthefuture View Post
    Did you get your Vulcans from snowinn? Carbon or FG cuff? I am wanting to pull the trigger on a pair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pjh View Post
    Did you get your Vulcans from snowinn? Carbon or FG cuff? I am wanting to pull the trigger on a pair as well.
    Just got my Vulcan's from Snowinn. Carbon cuff and they look amazing. I'm coming from neoPX boots so no surprises with sizing or fit. They're STIFF. Ordered 1/24 recieved 2/21. "If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time."

Also received boots from snowinn. received in 3 weeks after order and black carbon cuffs!

Do any of y'all know if there are still deals to be had on Vulcans? Not too happy with the dynafit offerings going into this season