Sidas Pro vs Therm-ic (1600?)

Hey Maggots with cold feet no more... I'm going to get some insole heaters this year. I was all set to buy the Sidas Pro, but their manuals are pretty much lacking in info: no battery capacity (guessing 1200 mAh from the charging times), no info on temp, vague info on duration ("up to" 8 hours on low, 6 on medium, 4 on high). Therm-ic, on the other hand, has plenty of info in their manuals, and a bigger battery pack (1600 mAh) that seems like it will run all day on medium. And remote, which seems good given how tiny the buttons on their battery packs are.

Any experience with either? I'd love to know if the Sidas lasts all day, or at least 6 hours comfortably in, say 0F or lower temps. If so I'd go for the smaller sized battery and the French design (though they do own Therm-ic too...).

I considered, and even tried, heated socks (the Therm-ic ones), but they are pretty thick, and my boots are hell tight. Until I fix that (which may never happen, every time I go bigger I hate it) or they make race-style socks with batteries , custom insoles it will be, even though the socks are a promising idea (and would work for climbing, après, etc. etc.)

Lenz heated socks. Not bulky and can work all your footwear.

Second the Lenz sock. I've put about 30 days on mine now. Thickness is similar to a Smartwool light cushion/thin sock.

The new Lenz socks with heating elements under and over the toes are intriguing to me. I have the older ones with elements just under the ball of the foot and toes, and occasionally the top of the toes are still cold.

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Second the Lenz sock. I've put about 30 days on mine now. Thickness is similar to a Smartwool light cushion/thin sock.

The new Lenz socks with heating elements under and over the toes are intriguing to me. I have the older ones with elements just under the ball of the foot and toes, and occasionally the top of the toes are still cold.
    Sounds good unless you ski a lot....either $$$$ or smelly as fuck socks?

sida and thermic are the same I think?

we have seen VERY good results with hottronic. I would suggest that route. (or socks)

Socks won't work. I ski with totally not cushioned socks. Like you can nearly see through them. As I said, until I get bigger boots (not soon): no room in my boot.

DGamms, I tried the Lenz "toecap" in a store. Felt weird. You can totally feel the cap.

mntlion, Sidas bought Therm-ic but AFAIK their sole systems are still independent as they have been designed separately over time. The Sidas heated socks, though, are an obvious rebrand/recolored Therm-ic sock.