la sals
    Name:  084.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  377.2 KB

jeff davis peak
    Name:  102.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  286.4 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Got minis to fill my flask.
    I'll sip here and there when I need some warmth.

I toss a couple in whether headed for lifts or backcountry. Often share 1 with a new friend apre. For the lift a I prefer a small flask of Hirams Cherry Brandy. All natural great straight up, the ladies seem to like it and if I'm dragging goes well in hot chocolate or a coke.

I drink quite a bit, but never ski tipsy or blazed for that matter. I ski just hard enough that I'd be asking to get hurt. I'll have a beer at lunch and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    ah New Mexico! I love Taos-dyin get there again some day -and enjoy a beer up on Kachina Ridge!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taos 3-3-2016 b.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	195049
    Bringing a little of Vermont's finest to Taos last year...

I don't always drink beer when I ski, but when I do, I sure as shit don't drink Dos Eques.

Sty thirsty my friends.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Beer, weed & skiing. 3 things I love.....best when all mixed together.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

Name:	Taos 3-3-2016 b.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	195049
    Bringing a little of Vermont's finest to Taos last year...
    I had my first one of those beers this year and by far some of the best i have had... If someone brought those for a ski day you can bet your ass someone would have to drive me home...

And I def need to chill on my alchol intake when skiing this year... The biggest issue is when I am with my friends I def throwback more than I should... If I am with my wife I am not as worried as the terrain is totally chill... When skiing with my buddies we are usually in some some shit... Being buzzed in some of that type of terrain is only asking for problems...

Turns out skiers are a bunch of drunks, big surprise. Not judging... just enjoying the company. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Turns out skiers are a bunch of drunks, big surprise. Not judging... just enjoying the company. ;-)
    Ah ,yesss 1st drink ,and AA labeled us into a category

glad I didn't ski, when I used to chug jack daniels bottles...is sweet enjoying 1-2 now a days

Nice to c ya still rippin turns J... I went solitude instead alta this yr..what a treat so far...lots nooks crannies to explore there, highly recommend maggots try a day there.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

New Years Eve 2002: we ride up the first tram at Argentiere with a magnum of cheap champagne and a case of beer in my pack. We ski down to a small brown bag lodge at mid mountain and put an avy beacon in the bag, then bury it behind the lodge about 3 ft deep. Ski bell to bell. Retrieve pack with avy beacon at about 3 pm. Get completely shitfaced. Proceed to navigate the hyper-crowded, skied-off groomer back down to Argentiere in the fading twilight, drunk off our collective trolley. Absolutely terrifying. Fond memory though.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Well... I'll update, went out today, skied hard sober most of the day, fought through some early season issues and really started to feel great, got some rebates, and was skiing really well (for me). Still a bit hesitant skiin switch... couple cocktails, fuckin money, lost all reservations riding backwards and overall felt stoopid solid! I'm not sayin drinkin and skiin is a good idea, but I really feel like a few does the mind good!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Well... I'll update, went out today, skied hard sober most of the day, fought through some early season issues and really started to feel great, got some rebates, and was skiing really well (for me). Still a bit hesitant skiin switch... couple cocktails, fuckin money, lost all reservations riding backwards and overall felt stoopid solid! I'm not sayin drinkin and skiin is a good idea, but I really feel like a few does the mind good!
    I am definitely a bit more ballsy in the park after I have had a couple of beers. The large jumps are definitely less intimidating

Uphill uphill whiskey pull whiskey pull

Name:	1481777788259.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	195165

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    At taos ski valley employee orientation back in 2010 they wheeled out a tv cart and pressed play on the VCR to show a video of ernie Blake telling a story about his cousin coming out to ski, being timid and reserved on the slopes, so he sent his wife rhoda downhill to get said cousin a martini STAT. After the martini she "floated down the hill like an Angel." Hence the presence of multiple martini trees at TSV.

Quote Originally Posted by DARvidBlaineMAGICK View Post
    At taos ski valley employee orientation back in 2010 they wheeled out a tv cart and pressed play on the VCR to show a video of ernie Blake telling a story about his cousin coming out to ski, being timid and reserved on the slopes, so he sent his wife rhoda downhill to get said cousin a martini STAT. After the martini she "floated down the hill like an Angel." Hence the presence of multiple martini trees at TSV.
    Great minds...
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I never ski and drink. Or do anything athletic and drink for that matter. I honestly don't understand how anyone can.

But weed...

... Now THAT'S an entirely different story!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Tolerance
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I usually don't, although occasionally I will have a beer with lunch. I wait until I get home, or to an apres spot. I tend to use the bus system when I'm in Mammoth so that I can have a couple after the hill and not have to worry about driving.

The OP might want to buy a breathalyzer. BAC tends to be a whole lot higher than most people think. I've seen a guy blow a .07 after one beer. Granted, it was a natty ice and he had not eaten anything all day, but still that is pretty scary. He was not small either, about 190 lbs. Personally, I will only drive after even one beer if I am also having some food.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yep, a good quality breathalyzer is about $125 on Amazon. Buy one and just keep it in your car.

Name:  3stoog.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  50.9 KB
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Ehh-wizeguy

Rarely, if ever if I'm actually skiing. Watching a comp or goofing off maybe, or if JT Goat happens to be in the hood I'll have a sip or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I really like to get my boots on before I start doing shots