Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Who the hell still lives in Boston?

After a 10 year absence, I will be returning to Boston to start fellowship training in 2017. Who the hell is still left in town? When I left it was basom, mildbill., et al.

And can I still rent a 2 bedroom for 1200$ a month?

PM Rontele

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    As long as you're cool with living in someone's East Boston basement apartment.

Chris Sale might be looking for a roommate

This guy does

Paging droc...
    Last edited by Skirotica; 12-07-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added names
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Advres.. rontele.. iceman... old skool Boston mags run deep.

Welcome home!

After a 10 year absence, I will be returning to Boston to start fellowship training in 2017. Who the hell is still left in town? When I left it was basom, mildbill., et al.

Lol maybe a studio for $1200... Even areas like Dorchester (Stabbin' Hill), Somerville, Chelsea, etc. have gotten infiltrated with gentrification.

GF's family is from the Boston area and she may be returning there for school in the near future. I've spent quite a bit of time around Boston off and on the past few years, and anticipate ending up there in the long haul.

Enjoy!

Never again will I live in Boston. Was just there last week (flying in to Logon en route to Maine), and decided to pick up some cannolis at Modern Pastry in the North End before heading up Route 1. Bad mistake. It was rush hour and I was relying on Google Maps, which (I probably should have realized) doesn't work while I'm in a tunnel. Specifically the Sumner Tunnel, which splits several times while underground. Without the map to guide me I made a wrong turn, and a quick 15 minute side-trip turned into an hour long epic in stopped traffic. Then at a traffic circle a cop was standing in the middle of the road not letting traffic take the exit that I needed, for no apparent reason. Was pretty pissed by the time I finally got to Modern.

But a lobster tail later I was doing OK again (the pastry, not the crustacean). So I guess Mass has its redeeming qualities too.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Yeah I don't think you were in the Sumner tunnel, sounds like you got into the Ted Williams tunnel. But hey you got there.

I'm in Mass. a lot but not in Boston much, we're about an hour+ away to the south

I am here. Welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

So PM rontele isn't a joke? Shit.

Hey iceman, you still have a boat?

So PM rontele isn't a joke? Shit.

For once, not a joke. Been here full time 15 mos and really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I don't think you were in the Sumner tunnel, sounds like you got into the Ted Williams tunnel. But hey you got there.
    Nope, it was Sumner. 1A south from the airport straight to the North End, unless you fuck up and take the wrong exit.

Another Boston lesson learned from several fuckups: just pay for the damn toll transponder when you rent a car. Tobin Bridge doesn't take cash for the toll and if you don't have the transponder the rental agencies will charge you $50 for incurring a license-plate toll. Twice now I've decided to save the $15 that the transponder would've charged me, and had to suddenly exit Route 1 into east Boston with no idea where I was when I realized that I was about to be routed onto the bridge.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Nope, it was Sumner. 1A south from the airport straight to the North End, unless you fuck up and take the wrong exit.

Another Boston lesson learned from several fuckups: just pay for the damn toll transponder when you rent a car. Tobin Bridge doesn't take cash for the toll and if you don't have the transponder the rental agencies will charge you $50 for incurring a license-plate toll. Twice now I've decided to save the $15 that the transponder would've charged me, and had to suddenly exit Route 1 into east Boston with no idea where I was when I realized that I was about to be routed onto the bridge.
    Yeah, you gotta pay for the ez pass or whatever the fuck they call it now. It's too much of a headache not to.

I almost moved back after a 15 year absence last year. Unless my in-laws pull their shit together for retirement, I'm sure I'll feel the pressure again eventually.

I do, just a little fishing boat with an outboard but it's fun. It's out of the water for the winter but it'll be back in by about Memorial Day if you're around then.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large

where is your fellowship? The wife and I are in the winter hill area of somerville and use to rent in east cambridge before that. Went to BU back in the day so I've got a fairly decent handle on the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    where is your fellowship? The wife and I are in the winter hill area of somerville and use to rent in east cambridge before that. Went to BU back in the day so I've got a fairly decent handle on the city.
    Used to live in Ten Hills part of Somerville, and then near Fresh Pond. I'll be split between Beth Israel Deaconess and down at the VA in JP.

^ I worked at the JP campus for several years. Have you ever seen Joe Versus the Volcano?

Welcome back! I'm back in Seacoast NH, if you're ever up that way.

What happened to Ardves then? Is he still here, or did he disappear into the sunset with Hugh Conway. And where's Jer ? In a home made nuclear bunker, home loading ammo in ridiculous quantities, whilst listening to Norwegian death metal I bet.
    Gone fishing

^^^ I just assumed he was dd
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

sadvres

You gotta figure they could hide for a while here under an alias, but eventually the real identity would slip out, a la Rog.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm in Boston at least once a month. If you're in oncology we should talk (I seem to remember ER though?).