Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Anyone try the Travers with some Pro Tour liners? Just curious. Have a line on some Travers, but I've got a really low-volume foot and low ankle and a little concerned about getting the Boa tight enough. I guess I could just stack spacers per normal...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... and how bout going back to leather ?
    My new two boot quiver. Just gotta suss out how to 'dynafit' the soles of the cow boots. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to start a new thread for all those chompin' at the bit to 2.0 old school o.g. leather d/h boots. Note, haven't skied either boots yet so A/B comparo thread coming soon....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070450.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	323.0 KB 
ID:	207745
    Master of mediocrity.

yeah but them green boots are just the Mercury which you already know (just stiffer) OR you can geek out with removing the stops

you got some old Intuitions in there already?

you better hide that other boot or Rose will plant some flowers in them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

yeah but them green boots are just the Mercury which you already know (just stiffer) OR you can geek out with removing the stops

you got some old Intuitions in there already?

you better hide that other boot or Rose will plant some flowers in them
    Going skiing with the greens tomorrow to dial in the stance angles, flex stop with/without and stock liner vs. intuition.

I'll do the same with the cow boots after the dynafit heel/toe insert project.
    Master of mediocrity.

thats what I wanted to ask you, do the stock liners still suck dead goats or do they look a little better than the previous offering in the mercury?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

thats what I wanted to ask you, do the stock liners still suck dead goats or do they look a little better than the previous offering in the mercury?
    I had pretty good success with the stock mercury liner other than it was cold and wasn't all that durable compared to Intuition. But yeah, the Vulcan liner seems similar, perhaps with a bit thicker and pretty good density uncooked foam in cuff/tongue? They actually seem to fit good enough stock that I can probably ski them uncooked, time will tell. Some pretty good heel hold and ankle wrap...but that's just carpet testing which in my experience with boots AND liners, doesn't say much.
    Master of mediocrity.

Anyone here have any time on the 17/18 Sportiva Sytron? (replacing the Syborg)

Curious for any firsthand reviews particularly with respect to stiffness/flex

I tried a pair on last season. Nice fit, great walk mode. Forward flex felt very soft to me compared to a Alien 1.0 (which I had on my other foot at the time) or especially Alien RS. Raceborg should ski closer to a 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    I tried a pair on last season. Nice fit, great walk mode. Forward flex felt very soft to me compared to a Alien 1.0 (which I had on my other foot at the time) or especially Alien RS. Raceborg should ski closer to a 1.0.
    ah bummer, thanks! guessing it won't be a drop-in replacement for my TLT6Ps then...