WTB: Pieps Dog Beacon

Not looking to kill any strangers out there, so switching my request to a Pieps dog beacon... Anyone got one?

Looking for a retired beacon that my pup can wear (gotta keep my only son safe out there). It can be a one-antenna model, but obviously has to transmit on 457 kHz (not the older 2.275 frequency). I'm in no rush to buy this and am willing to hold out to get something cheap.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mrkbrnblm; 12-02-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Are you only ever skiing in areas where you will absolutely not run into someone else? Are you okay with your dogs life being saved and not yours?

No fucking 457 beacons on dogs. Buy a dog-specific beacon if he means that much to you.

Do you only tour with your dog? If you and him are both buried, you cool with him being dug out first? Theres no way to distinguish between a dog and people once they are under the snow with beacons on.

doebedoe - your impassioned message raises a very good point. I'm probably okay with my dog's life being saved and not mine, but guess I can't really submit skiers in other parties to that logic. So... anyone got a dog beacon?

Edit: I have a Pieps DSP Pro, so the Pieps dog beacon would work for me.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    The Pieps dog beacon is the only responsible option for this, thankfully I already have a Pieps DSP Pro
    Fixed for you.

Sounds like you already got the message, but to reiterate for anyone else reading - 457 MHZ BEACONS MUST NEVER BE USED ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN HUMANS! PERIOD!
    Dogs, snowmobiles, whatever get the Pieps dog beacon only.

Here you go, it's $85 here: http://www.usoutdoor.com/pieps/pieps...IWShoC3UDw_wcB

Name:  fa1fb018683610cb915bdf4753438eb3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  54.2 KB
    Dog is bacon trained to prerun all suspect slopes. Bacon is electronically dispensed from pouches. Master carries bacon and dog is trained to run back up the slope and dig master out if he does not appear 10 minutes after bacon is dispensed. More bacon is awarded. Poodles are wicked smart.

cat in january - Interested in a trade for a lab mix? He's very affectionate and has recently developed an incontinence issue.

adrenalated - that's cheaper than pro-form. thanks.

Unless anyone has a dog beacon for less than that, consider the case closed.