Sling pack recommendations

Hey all,

The wife is wanting suggestions for a Christmas gift. Thought I might add a new sling pack. I've got an orvis sling, which I like ok, but was looking at options with a little more room but not being too big.

Looking at the Patagonia Stealth Atom and Vedavoo. Haven't looked at the Simms or Fishpond stuff.
    Any thoughts?

I have the Simms waypoint sling and like it a lot. I can put two C&F large boxes, rain jacket, lunch and a couple beers in it no problem. The fold down work bench is great as well.

That said I will probably get the new G4 pro sling this year.

I have an Umpqua Steamboat Sling. The thing is a beast and holds tons of gear. It is comfortable and convenient. Definitely check it out
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    I have an Umpqua Steamboat Sling. The thing is a beast and holds tons of gear. It is comfortable and convenient. Definitely check it out
    The Steamboat is def well thought out and holds a ton without being too large. I'm slightly biased though.

I've had my Patagonia storm front sling for a year and really like it. Can fit a couple boxes, beers, and a jacket easily. Stays dry and has minimal shit hanging off the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Hey, already had after my OP. Definitely a contender.

I haven't tried the Umpqua yet but maybe someone could send me one to test out.

I do have the Fishpond Thunderhead and it's been the best pack I've owned. Only downside is little interior organization but that seems to be a common denominator with packs. Waterproof'ness has been tested several times and the interior has always been dry. A must for me because I sometimes carry a DSLR in there.

These are great. Will take jacket, small flask, lunch and net on the back. Cheap, but well constructed.
    http://www.airflofishing.com/buy.cfm...ck/75/no/50318
    Gone fishing

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    This may be too late. But check out the Vedavoo Beast Sling. Super bomber and holds a bugger barn jr in the main pocket. Pretty well thought out pack, not too many little pockets which is my beef with a bunch of the other brands. My second fave would be the Fishpond Buckhorn. I like the little workbench they have on it, but I'm lazy and usually use it for an onstream garbage can and non working fly depository. Seriously though, the Vedavoo is better construction simple, and just a sweet sling, over all the rest. Made in US too.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations