Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    What could go wrong?

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Seems he shoots a bad round in round one, and drops out if he doesn't think he will make the cut.
    How many times has TW dropped out after one round? Once or twice?

faldo is almost intolerable

I never thought much about Faldo until I saw his episode of Feherty. Came off as a prick.

Also, good on Speith for calling out the professional signature seekers who were acting like asses in front of kids. I can't stand seeing these clowns at tournaments or events pushing kids aside so they and their comic book store friends can sell shit on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Also, good on Speith for calling out the professional signature seekers who were acting like asses in front of kids. I can't stand seeing these clowns at tournaments or events pushing kids aside so they and their comic book store friends can sell shit on ebay.
    Every eBay picture he signs with his UA logo apparel ends up on someones wall. Sign or don't sign. It's a celebrity event not a PGA tour event.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Every eBay picture he signs with his UA logo apparel ends up on someones wall. Sign or don't sign. It's a celebrity event not a PGA tour event.
    His issue was the grown men pushing children aside and swearing at him because he would only sign the kid's stuff and not theirs. That's just classless. These kind of people are no different than a Kardazian-chasing TMZ papparazzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Paid a high appearance fee, plays one round, sucks, and drops out due to back spasms he says aren't anything to do with the surgery. I'm a tiger fan, but this shits old. Seems he shoots a bad round in round one, and drops out if he doesn't think he will make the cut.
    How does that exactly affect your life? He is Tiger Woods, get over it.

The outrage in the USA is intolerable these days....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    How does that exactly affect your life? He is Tiger Woods, get over it.

The outrage in the USA is intolerable these days....
    But...but, I clicked "record" on Golf Channel expecting to watch Tiger play in Dubai and all I got was a young woman in a sleeveless top tossing it to some old guys to talk about how Tiger wasn't playing...

it is amazing how much they talk about tiger. obviously he sells, but it also seems to reflect golf fans trying to deal with the end. it's too bad for many reasons that his personal life imploded. he didn't deserve everything he endured as a result, even if it would be expected.

the most glaring admission tiger has made is that his only swing thought is playing away from pain. if that's true, he should hang it up because it's only a matter of time before he makes an irreparable mistake.

"Didn't deserve everything he endured"?

Look, I'm not trying to judge the guy but I'm pretty sure when you bang truckloads of skanks when you've got two little kids and a wife at home, whatever comes your way you "deserve".

he deserved what he got at home and in business. he didn't deserve getting nuked in the media. many other high profile athletes have done far worse without the relentless judgment.

fuck weisberger 9 birdies in a row at maybank

tiger won't play genesis or honda

Holding out hope for Augusta probably.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holding out hope for Augusta probably.
    Ugh Augusta coming off your first couple rounds back and those were questionable at best, then like 6+weeks off again from tourney play?.....Good friggin luck...that course is going to EAT HIM.

I long for the old Tiger days, and hope he can get his game to a place where he uses finesse and his brain to win instead of sheer power (which he will never have again). Drive for show, but you putt (and chip) for dough....

Well it's a little early in the year to sneak a club championship or two in before the Masters but I think he'll give it a go.

i have been holding out hope for tiger but given how good he looked physically in the bahamas and that he thought he was stable enough to play 4 times in 5 weeks and made it through 3? "competitive" rounds before breaking down?

can't see how this isn't the end. maybe try to play augusta for old times' sake and hang it up. mind over matter only works until the matter falls apart.

the dubai trip was stupid. i hope the money was worth it. if his first and only concern was staying healthy to play he wouldn't have spent 17 hours on a plane so soon with his back.

Without googling I have a hard time Tiger spent 17 hours on a plane that wasn't:

A) His own

or

B) A jacked up business class liner with beds and a bar like on Emirates.

Good to see Spieth and DJ back on their games. Ups the TV interest a bit.

the boy and i were standardbearers for the group including diaz at the web.com tournament. he would have won if not for this hole-out from 100y.

Golfer hits incredible shot to force playoff http://es.pn/2lzl9V9
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How many times has TW dropped out after one round? Once or twice?
    What gets me at that is his spot could have been some other guys big chance.
    I was also taught to never walk off a golf course mid round

Following his opening round on Thursday, Mickelson was asked about the disparity between the current state of his career and that of Woods.

"That's hard," he said. "It's not a fair comparison."

He then paused. At this point, we might have expected Mickelson to point out it's not fair because he never worked out as strenuously as Woods, or because his swing never placed as much pressure on his body.

Instead, he offered just a brief rationale behind his contention.

"Because I'm five years older."

Then he just smiled.

That's pretty good.

tringale holed out on the fly from the fairway on 18 to get within 1 of the lead and destroyed the edge of the cup