Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Pros are pros. They don't need to like each other.

Same as any other MB blade:

been playing those a couple years, it's the indian, not the arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post

Chambers Bay, eh, all Dye courses are hard and kind of crazy. I met Pete Dye and he is one cool evil old dude.....sadistic more like, but ultra cool and lots of great stories.
    -20 at Whistling Straits?

Right, a country club golfer like me and you want memories....."remember that shot, on that great hole." You mentioned "memorable" before and "like".

Pro golfers are competing for money, against other pros.

Tournament golf is not yours/mine opinion of what golf is, they create a track to make the field competitive and challenge the top 100, and then try to narrow the top 10 for the week and then further narrow that field for the winner. It is pretty simple.

Chambers Bay, eh, all Dye courses are hard and kind of crazy. I met Pete Dye and he is one cool evil old dude.....sadistic more like, but ultra cool and lots of great stories.
    -20 at Whistling Straits?
    you said yourself score does not matter.....so what is your point?
    Last edited by DasBlunt; 01-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

you said yourself score does to matter.....so what is your point?
    Nothing to do with Pete Dye. It's the USGA.

Nothing to do with Pete Dye. It's the USGA.
    Right, but I still don't get your issue with making the courses harder. If we played only the awesome Donny Ross courses because they are memorable, I don't think that would be very fun for anyone, pro's included.

If score does not matter, then making the course harder so the best player rises that week seems the most logical. Chambers Bay was a mistake, but that was half mother nature.....I played some WA area courses that week.....it was a hardpan nightmare everywhere, even deep in the forest. Besides, the hottest player on tour at that time won at Chambers Bay, Speith, so in reality their formula worked.
    Terje was right.

Every year it's something else with the USGA. They're losing the greens and have to spot water etc. Pace of play is horrific.

The only thing that kept oakmont from being a junk show was the heavy rain prior

Fox mics on Spieth after ball spins back into trap on 17th: "You've got to be kidding me. How is that in the bunker? That is such crap."

Not to mention penalties because a ball moves on greens that are like wood floors.

Maybe you would prefer a round of golden tee.
    Spolied golf pros complaining about the rub of the green.
    Boo fucking hooo.

Someday some Mexican cart boy will win that tournament.
    That will show those nasty usga guys the error of their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Wait wait, that was the Argentine Angel Cabrera, right? hahahaha, I think he was a lowly caddie, same class level as bag drop boy!
    Terje was right.

golf channel interview discusses someone who played in dubai pro-am with tiger today and said his iron play was exquisite but he was walking like he not sure what would happen with each step.

i thought his swing looked less fluid and his back looked stiffer at torrey pines than he did in the bahamas. i realize it's different pressure but physically he looked great in december, more ginger in january.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    I took lessons from Javier Sanchez. He wore waist boots and drove a tractor to the back of the range. Best golfer I've ever played with. He asked me for $25k to sponsor him but I didn't have that much cash. 10 lessons and a set of Ping Eye 2 irons for $300:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/g...s-senior-open/

Sanchez moved to the United States at age 17, getting into the country by paying $50 to borrow a green card. He moved to Redwood City, Calif., where he worked two jobs, cleaning rooms at a hotel and washing dishes at a restaurant. He didn’t speak a word of English, and walked home more than 6 miles each night after 1 a.m. because he didn’t understand how to use the bus.

Sanchez, who rode horseback an hour and a half each way to a one-room school while growing up, said he was caught twice by immigration officials and was sent back to Mexico.

He has qualified for five U.S. Opens, making the cut once (tied for 90th) and missed the cut last year at his first Senior Open.

tiger +5 tied for second to last, no birdies.

Looking more and more like it's the end of the road for El Tigre.

Reports are that he's looking like he's in pain on the course.

he said he wasn't in pain but from what i saw, if he is not in pain, he is physically restricted. he looked completely uncomfortable.

commercial to dubai would murder the back

Any mags hit up the Phoenix Open? Seems like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    he said he wasn't in pain but from what i saw, if he is not in pain, he is physically restricted. he looked completely uncomfortable.
    You know what would loosen that back up right quick?

Rapid hip thrusting workout with a Perkins hostess.
    I still call it The Jake.

woods wd

supposedly he flew his first commercial flight in 10 years to dubai. why take a 17 hour commercial flight with a back like that?

Paid a high appearance fee, plays one round, sucks, and drops out due to back spasms he says aren't anything to do with the surgery. I'm a tiger fan, but this shits old. Seems he shoots a bad round in round one, and drops out if he doesn't think he will make the cut.

Too bad Tiger's bad back is back

I love Ricky and Duf as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure they're trolling us (and a few others) with their creepy 'stashes in these Titlesist commercials.
    I still call it The Jake.

wow heavy winds and rain at pebble beach. cink and somebody asking for the officials because the balls are oscillating on the green apparently. tv announcers don't seem too sympathetic. plus, if they call it on one course they have to call it on all even if the others are playable.