Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    chris dimarco on morning drive in a white sweater and pink pants towered over by the female cohost.

For some reason I can never get into Kapalua. Which is weird because I've played it and even been to the tournament, nevermind that it's all the best players.

I'll tune in once the west coast swing hits, and I love that I'm already seen my first Masters commercial of the year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Kapalua is not a memorable course. The scenery is nice enough but the course is forgettable.

The venue for this year's Open looks pretty damn sweet: http://erinhills.com/2017-us-open/

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The venue for this year's Open looks pretty damn sweet: http://erinhills.com/2017-us-open/
    I played it. Not a big fan. If they want the USGA can make the winner +10 in this course. I didn't like whistling Straights that well fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I played it. Not a big fan. If they want the USGA can make the winner +10 in this course. I didn't like whistling Straights that well fwiw.
    I would love a US Open where nobody reaches Par. Sometimes the bull needs to win to make you a better matador.

I would love a US Open where nobody reaches Par. Sometimes the bull needs to win to make you a better matador.
    Why does the number matter? Protecting par has made the US Open a chore. A parody. The 2016 Open Championship as its alter ego for example.

Eh, then you have your Pebble Beach Opens where it's like the Phoenix Open.

Figuratively speaking.

At least at Pebble Beach you won't have some farmer firing weapons during play like Erin Hills. EH is a modern target course carved out of a hay field.

Why does the number matter? Protecting par has made the US Open a chore. A parody. The 2016 Open Championship as its alter ego for example.
    On one hand you say the number doesn't matter and then besmirch the USGA for making the course hard.
    Only four guy finished under par for the first 50 years of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    On one hand you say the number doesn't matter and then besmirch the USGA for making the course hard.
    Only four guy finished under par for the first 50 years of the tournament.
    Exactly. The USGA wants it just like it was 75 years ago so we have courses that are 8000 yards, balls that go a mile and greens on the edge of death.

It's like when Indy and Daytona started restricting speeds.

Personally, I think it's a better test of golf skill, to accept that a perfect wedge is 25 feet below the hole as opposed to 8 feet above the hole.
    You get bomb and gouge all year. What's wrong with making guys reign the make birdie attitude once a year. You seem like a tactical golfer. I'm surprised you don't think that it requires more discipline to win that type of tournament.
    Let's face it, the weather has as much or more to do with the winning score, than the course set up.

justin thomas drops an 8' par putt to stay at -9 heading to 18.

200 yards to the green from fairway bunker and he puts it on the green and will have a makeable putt for eagle to finish at -11

dropped 15' eagle putt to shoot 59

amazing that bones mackay had double knee replacement 3 days after me and is already on the bag. i would be in a ton of pain walking 18 with a 40 or whatever pound bag. practice rounds and four tournament rounds in a row would be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    amazing that bones mackay had double knee replacement 3 days after me and is already on the bag. i would be in a ton of pain walking 18 with a 40 or whatever pound bag. practice rounds and four tournament rounds in a row would be brutal.
    Yeah, Bones is a multi-millionaire and has access to really good steroids and other Pharma stuff to assist in recovery....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Kapalua is not a memorable course. The scenery is nice enough but the course is forgettable.
    At least at Pebble Beach you won't have some farmer firing weapons during play like Erin Hills. EH is a modern target course carved out of a hay field.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Personally, I think it's a better test of golf skill, to accept that a perfect wedge is 25 feet below the hole as opposed to 8 feet above the hole.
    You get bomb and gouge all year. What's wrong with making guys reign the make birdie attitude once a year. You seem like a tactical golfer. I'm surprised you don't think that it requires more discipline to win that type of tournament.
    Let's face it, the weather has as much or more to do with the winning score, than the course set up.
    Dude, 4matic lives in the Bay Area. His opinions are obviously as limited as his choices up there....

fine 4maitc, you travel and play, but most of the pros hit it way past you every. single. time. and their opinions are very different than a guy who is just trying/struggling to break par every time he goes out.
    These guys are trying to break 60, at a length of a course you would most likely NEVER break 90.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Yeah, Bones is a multi-millionaire and has access to really good steroids and other Pharma stuff to assist in recovery....
    i know but it's still impressive and a little demoralizing.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Dude, 4matic lives in the Bay Area. His opinions are obviously as limited as his choices up there....

fine 4maitc, you travel and play, but most of the pros hit it way past you every. single. time. and their opinions are very different than a guy who is just trying/struggling to break par every time he goes out.
    These guys are trying to break 60, at a length of a course you would most likely NEVER break 90.
    What's your point? The pros hated Chambers Bay and Erin Hills can be set up to be just as ridiculous. The US Open golf has become a farce. No one will have any chance of breaking 60 on that course so do you see your irony? I shot 76 at Erin Hills fwiw although we were playing from 6600 yards.

I get no pleasure watching pros play tricked up clowns mouth playing safe.

Tiger announces he's officially going with Taylor Made woods and irons.

I couldn't tell you shit about their blades these days.

Does this mean that he and Sergio are stable-mates now? Those will be some uncomfortable promo shoots.

Pros are pros. They don't need to like each other.

Same as any other MB blade:

TM has a prototype for everybody.....hahahaha
    Terje was right.

What's your point? The pros hated Chambers Bay and Erin Hills can be set up to be just as ridiculous. The US Open golf has become a farce. No one will have any chance of breaking 60 on that course so do you see your irony? I shot 76 at Erin Hills fwiw although we were playing from 6600 yards.

I get no pleasure watching pros play tricked up clowns mouth playing safe.
    Right, a country club golfer like me and you want memories....."remember that shot, on that great hole." You mentioned "memorable" before and "like".

Pro golfers are competing for money, against other pros.

Tournament golf is not yours/mine opinion of what golf is, they create a track to make the field competitive and challenge the top 100, and then try to narrow the top 10 for the week and then further narrow that field for the winner. It is pretty simple.

Chambers Bay, eh, all Dye courses are hard and kind of crazy. I met Pete Dye and he is one cool evil old dude.....sadistic more like, but ultra cool and lots of great stories.
    Terje was right.