Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    amazing run for the ducks comes up short.

deflected
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

and now the dashcam footage.

and then the sponsors again.

and then tiger disappearing again for at least the rest of the year, maybe never to play competitively between his back and realizing the shame his kids are old enough to feel after they see and hear about all of it.

John Daly has never tried to be anything other than what he is. That's the difference between any media attention he got for his fuck ups and anyone else.

As mentioned, to blame Tiger's treatment by the media during his infidelity scandal on race is intellectually shallow - and frankly offensive to paint anyone with interest in his colossal fuck up as a probable racist. He was one of the biggest athletes and celebrities in the world at the time, certainly in golf; the scandal was so outrageous and in such direct opposition to what he portrayed to the world as his image that it fueled clicks faster than his whores could come out of the woodwork. To blame anything else is to be completely ignorant of what drives a news story in the 24/7 media world. (nothing personal wyeaster)

On topic: he thrased the rims on that AMG. Someone page Beer Drinker and see if he knows of a 2015 V12 AMG Benz hitting the market soon: FL car, one owner, new tires!
    I still call it The Jake.

i am not blaming the entirety of tiger's problems on race by any means. much of it is self-inflicted. but to deny race played any part in the vicious tearing down of a promiscuous, historically successful poc (married to a white woman, of course) in one of the universe's richest, whitest sports after he crashed the first time is just as intellectually dishonest.

nothing personal, if course. looked like his rims took a decent impact. lucky he didnt hit a tree or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    the shame his kids are old enough to feel after they see and hear about all of it.
    Bullshit. Maybe your kid is that way.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Lucky an alpha predator didn't hop in the passenger seat.
    Like a Perkins Hostess?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Wow, now I know you are an actual and real troll. What luck!, to experience both you and Benny all in one place....the kings of assholes.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    ooooooh, old man 4matic lunges from the bushes with a flailing, bitter, parenting haymaker that knocks himself off balance, crashing him into a tree, incoherent as usual.

welcome back, cutie!
    Last edited by wyeaster; 06-01-2017 at 04:00 AM.

awesome! golf channel submitted a foia to get breathalyzer video!!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    John Daly has never tried to be anything other than what he is. That's the difference between any media attention he got for his fuck ups and anyone else.
    ires!
    Very true, he's still that red shirt freshman I use to smoke shitty weed and drink Milwaukee's best with.

Tiger's story would have blown up huge regardless of his background. Having said that, there were some elements that seemed to have extra vitriol that I don't believe would have existed if he was white. There's a number of good old boy golf writers / analysts out there who were perfectly happy with the old ways of the country club life. Hootie Johnson and some others at Augusta speaking out on the matter, for example, really rubbed me the wrong way.

Argentine golfing legend Roberto De Vicenzo dies at age 94

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...onship-dies-94

jack said he wore white shoes or saddles because they were easier for him to line up compared to black shoes.

gawd nobody can be worse than faldo for anything requiring any amount of gravity or sensitivity.

That's because Sir Nick did it better, and first.

jesus christ faldo is horrible. he can't poke fun without being a dick. he can't ignore any perceived slight. i missed the beginning but he said jack forgot faldo beat jack as a 20 year old and either jack didn't know what he was talking about it or was feigning ignorance, so jack's like what are you talking about. faldo says it was the ryder cup and he and oosty beat jack and ? and it was quite a feather in faldo's cap and honestly, he was being a borderline dick i thought. jack says, who won the ryder cup? faldo: you did. jack: then why are you bothering with me? first you said you beat me, and now you have a teammate and it was the ryder cup and you lost.

the dude in the middle was getting a little uncomfortable. they were trying to joke it off but faldo was making it uncomfortable. honestly, anybody but faldo. they must receive an enormous number of complaints about him compared to the rest.

Wonder if Dufner's putter holds up this weekend?

I hope, I'm a big fan of the Duf. (Maybe it's being back on his native Ohio soil? )

Fun leaderboard for sure.

I say it every year, Muirfield is far and away one of the most beautiful and challenging/entertaining courses we see all year. TV does not do it justice.

2017 PGA TOUR THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Even taking his statement at face value the fact that it was 3am just isn't a good look.

Come on, he lives and operates on a level so far removed from all of our lives it's probably unfathomable and what he does with his time is his business. But the thing that's the same no matter who you are or what station you're in is how kids look at their parents.

Those poor kids are going to have a lifetime of tabloid covers thrown in their face by jerks from their dad's Perkins hostess phase which is bad enough. But now they're old enough to get what they see on the front page of the New York Post, and that can't sit well at all.

In related news, I'm a huge John Daly fan.
    John Daly never conned anyone.

Tiger has been paid 100's of million in the last 8 yrs for losing?

Why?

2017 PGA TOUR THREAD

Well, to be fair, he got paid by sponsors because he is still the biggest name in golf and he has won ~14 tournaments since 2009. He was also was Player of the Year in 2013. The last 3.5 years have been lost, though.

Does anyone know the current tour players who have 15 or more career tour wins (in addition to Phil Mickelson)?

as long as lochte is getting paid

Answer: Dustin Johnson has 15 career wins. Nobody currently on tour has as many career tour wins as Tiger had from just 2009-2013. (McIlroy has 13 career wins. Sergio has 10.)

2017 PGA TOUR THREAD

^^ That's actually an amazing stat. So over the last decade Tiger still has more wins than anyone and he's been injured for half of it.

I can't tell if Faldo is a dick or just extremely British. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.